Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Gorzellanny's start tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10727
Gorzellany went 8 superb innings tonight in his start against Louisville, giving up just 5 hits, one run (unearned), walking none, fanning 5. He threw just 89 pitches in his 8 innings.

Why didn't he go the full nine? Because the unearned run in the first was enough to beat him, 1-0. Indy's offense is just plain sad, now that McCutchen, Jones and Salazar have been brought up to the Pirates.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorzellanny's start tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
Bucfan wrote:
Gorzellany went 8 superb innings tonight in his start against Louisville, giving up just 5 hits, one run (unearned), walking none, fanning 5. He threw just 89 pitches in his 8 innings.

Why didn't he go the full nine? Because the unearned run in the first was enough to beat him, 1-0. Indy's offense is just plain sad, now that McCutchen, Jones and Salazar have been brought up to the Pirates.


Could Gorzo have finally straighten things out? Ian who?

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorzellanny's start tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:34 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:31 am
Posts: 52
The buc's need Gorzo and head case to find their grove again. Pitching wins games. It is always good to have depth, especially in starting pitching. The continue this, and teams that need pitching will come knocking. I am confident, finally, in this management team to do anything buy give them away. We will get a good return from whomever we trade. Will they all work out, no. But gone are the days where DL makes stupid as_ trades to cut salary. We are actually getting talent into the orginazation for a change. It feels good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorzellanny's start tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:11 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 756
I was curious to see how he was going to respond after being sent back down last month. Well, looking at the numbers, I am impressed.

22 innings pitched. WHIP of 0.82. A 26:5 K:BB ratio. Only 2 ER allowed.

Every Pirate starter better keep their focus, because Gorzo is ready to come back up apparently. I can't see any reason he hasn't proven himself with his performance in Triple A this year. If there is a spot open, he is the next that deserves a shot IMO.


Top
 
 Post subject: Vazquez should be on a short leash...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:21 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Chris Anderson wrote:
I was curious to see how he was going to respond after being sent back down last month. Well, looking at the numbers, I am impressed.

22 innings pitched. WHIP of 0.82. A 26:5 K:BB ratio. Only 2 ER allowed.

Every Pirate starter better keep their focus, because Gorzo is ready to come back up apparently. I can't see any reason he hasn't proven himself with his performance in Triple A this year. If there is a spot open, he is the next that deserves a shot IMO.



Gorrzy is ready to come back.

Snell might have some trouble getting back.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorzellanny's start tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:02 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
It's great to see that he is fighting his way back. IMO he needs at least a couple more starts-- remember that he was a relief pitcher all season til just now. Let him get some innings and see. He sahould be first in line when and if needed. There will surely be someone go on the DL sometime from our staff.

Forgot we have one there already.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorzellanny's start tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:12 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Substitute2 wrote:
It's great to see that he is fighting his way back. IMO he needs at least a couple more starts-- remember that he was a relief pitcher all season til just now. Let him get some innings and see. He sahould be first in line when and if needed. There will surely be someone go on the DL sometime from our staff.

Forgot we have one there already.


Wasn't he starting at Indy, before he was promoted as a reliever??

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorzellanny's start tonight
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
Animal wrote:
Substitute2 wrote:
It's great to see that he is fighting his way back. IMO he needs at least a couple more starts-- remember that he was a relief pitcher all season til just now. Let him get some innings and see. He sahould be first in line when and if needed. There will surely be someone go on the DL sometime from our staff.

Forgot we have one there already.


Wasn't he starting at Indy, before he was promoted as a reliever??


Yes he was...He was brought up for Yates because he was fresh if I believe and I think incase Snell blew up and needed removed from the rotation

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorzellanny's start tonight
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1330
I don't know why Gorzo would want to come back to Pittsburgh. I hear that Indy is a much more positive place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorzellanny's start tonight
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
burghermeister wrote:
I don't know why Gorzo would want to come back to Pittsburgh. I hear that Indy is a much more positive place.


Indy's record (37-43) .463 and they are 7.5 game out of 1st. They have lost 4 straight however which isn't a good sign.
Pirates record (37-44) .457 and they are 6.0 games out of 1st.

Sounds like things are going about the same. Almost identical stats also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorzellanny's start tonight
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
Colin21 wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
I don't know why Gorzo would want to come back to Pittsburgh. I hear that Indy is a much more positive place.


Indy's record (37-43) .463 and they are 7.5 game out of 1st. They have lost 4 straight however which isn't a good sign.
Pirates record (37-44) .457 and they are 6.0 games out of 1st.

Sounds like things are going about the same. Almost identical stats also.


Indy is going to drop like a lead balloon now that Jones, Salazar, and McCutchen are gone, plus Walker is hurt...

Its going to take Perfect games from Snell for them to win...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorzellanny's start tonight
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:20 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Colin21 wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
I don't know why Gorzo would want to come back to Pittsburgh. I hear that Indy is a much more positive place.


Indy's record (37-43) .463 and they are 7.5 game out of 1st. They have lost 4 straight however which isn't a good sign.
Pirates record (37-44) .457 and they are 6.0 games out of 1st.

Sounds like things are going about the same. Almost identical stats also.


I think that was kind of tongue in cheek colin, poking fun at Ian Snell's comments. :D

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], No. 9 and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits