Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: R.I.P. 2009 PIRATES
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:37 pm 

This breaks their backs, you cant blow a game like this, and continue to battle. I am throwing in the towel, and so should they.

Post subject: Re: R.I.P. 2009 PIRATES
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:38 pm 

DoeyDoumit wrote:
This breaks their backs, you cant blow a game like this, and continue to battle. I am throwing in the towel, and so should they.

Doey always brightens up a room, doesn't he?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:44 pm 

DoeyDoumit wrote:

I thought just the opposite...when they were down and out, they came back and tied it up in the 9th when they could have just rolled over.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:58 pm 

But they had chances to win and didn't. Then Capps repeated what he has done on too many occasions this year. Hitting Tatis with 2 out and then letting him steal second just cannot happen. They just don't know how to win yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:05 pm 

I gotta say, Garret Jones has a really great looking swing. With Cutch and some of the talent on the way up, we might have a pretty lethal young offense in the not so distant future.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:36 am 

Somebody more familiar with Garret Jones' defense fill me in...please tell me that throw to the plate was an anomaly and not what we can expect from his arm. I also think we'll never see Cutch airmail a throw like that again. That had to have been rookie nerves/adrenalin. I also thought it was great to see Delwyn's diving attempt and nice throw from RF. It would be so great if his defense could catch up with his bat.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:15 am 

Don't know about Jones' arm but Cutch seems to have a problem there. That's the third time by my count that he has had a ball fly way high on him, twice to the plate and once to second I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:50 am 

Animal wrote:
DoeyDoumit wrote:

I thought just the opposite...when they were down and out, they came back and tied it up in the 9th when they could have just rolled over.

Sorry but this is the exact same kind of cattle excrement we have been saying for almost two decades!

"Yeah, but at least they battled back!"

I am sick of this! I am sick of having to even think things like this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:12 pm 

Corsair wrote:
Animal wrote:
DoeyDoumit wrote:

Sorry but this is the exact same kind of cattle excrement we have been saying for almost two decades!

"Yeah, but at least they battled back!"

I am sick of this! I am sick of having to even think things like this.

Then don't. Enjoy the game for what it's worth. Most of us know that this team isn't going to reach .500, let alone reach the playoffs. Just enjoy the game.

Oh, and plenty of teams blow games like this, even contenders. To say that "you cant [sic] blow a game like this" is utter B.S. It sucks when it happens, but it happens. Sack up and deal with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:43 pm 

Would it have broken the Mets' backs if they had lost? Because, you know, you "cant blow a game like this (sic)". After coming back from 5-0, to blow a 2 run lead in the ninth? If Moss' line drive was 2 feet to the left, the Mets fans would have definitely thrown in the towel on their season and the Mets would have as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:02 am 

Wilton a lot of fans don't just want to go to a game because it is a baseball game. Some people actually care if the team they love wins or loses. You need to understand how Pittsburgh fans have struggled through 17 years of losing with baseball. Statements like that are what turn people away from the Pirates.