Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Oh what a day....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:19 pm 

This one doesn't play baseball. He is the platform/springboard diver.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:10 pm 

Question: What is the deal with THE Ohio State University? Is there another school of the same name trying to get credit?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:12 pm 

Did anyone else ever think the Buckeye logo on their football helmets looks like a marijuana leaf?

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:16 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
Did anyone else ever think the Buckeye logo on their football helmets looks like a marijuana leaf?

Asks the poster featuring Johnny Depp on his avatar ... :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:17 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
nad69dan wrote:

Asks the poster featuring Johnny Depp on his avatar ... :D

Actually it's Tom Petty from his Alice In Wonderland themed video "Dont Come Around Here No More"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:24 pm 

Attachment:
trdt_leaf.jpg
trdt_leaf.jpg [ 29.95 KiB | Viewed 158 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:18 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Question: What is the deal with THE Ohio State University? Is there another school of the same name trying to get credit?

It's the same deal as with THE George Washington University. Putting on airs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:56 pm 

Yesterday, No. 2 spoke with all of the aforementioned schools and then I spoke with THE Ohio State coach, THE LSU coach and THE Virginia Tech coach. Today I spoke with THE Arizona State coach and THE University of Missouri coach. Today seemed to be much more productive in terms of "show me the money". Yesterday was like taking your pride and joy trade in to the local car dealer and them telling you what a beautiful machine it was only to have them make an almost embarrassing offer on a trade. I was not prepared for the amount of negotiating that is going to have to take place down the road. And I hate car shopping.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:36 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
Yesterday, No. 2 spoke with all of the aforementioned schools and then I spoke with THE Ohio State coach, THE LSU coach and THE Virginia Tech coach. Today I spoke with THE Arizona State coach and THE University of Missouri coach. Today seemed to be much more productive in terms of "show me the money". Yesterday was like taking your pride and joy trade in to the local car dealer and them telling you what a beautiful machine it was only to have them make an almost embarrassing offer on a trade. I was not prepared for the amount of negotiating that is going to have to take place down the road. And I hate car shopping.

Az -
Actually, I believe The Ohio State University is the only school with "The" officially in its title. Watch on MNF . . . at the beginning of the game during player introductions, the player will say . . . "A.J. Hawk, The Ohio State University." The rest of the Big 10 makes fun of them all the time. Advise your son not to go there. The school blows. But . . . I might be a tad biased in my opinion. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:19 pm 

They have a great dive program. The coach has been there about 30 years and has developed multiple Olympic and International divers. Is considered an elite coach and is a good guy and runs a very tight ship. I understand your bias though. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:13 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:

Az -
Actually, I believe The Ohio State University is the only school with "The" officially in its title. Watch on MNF . . . at the beginning of the game during player introductions, the player will say . . . "A.J. Hawk, The Ohio State University." The rest of the Big 10 makes fun of them all the time. Advise your son not to go there. The school blows. But . . . I might be a tad biased in my opinion. :lol:

Nope, they're not the only one.

http://www.gwu.edu/index.cfm

My guess is there are others who are equally pretentious.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:54 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
They have a great dive program. The coach has been there about 30 years and has developed multiple Olympic and International divers. Is considered an elite coach and is a good guy and runs a very tight ship. I understand your bias though. :roll:

No. 9 is letting his alma mater interests guide his comments. :D OSU is a good school and, from what you have advised, a very good diving program.

No. 2 is a good student, if I recall correctly. He should have a lot of choices. (Ivy League schools rock academically, and also have some darn good swimming and diving programs. Unfortunately, no $$ for athletic scholarships. :evil: )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:38 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:

No. 9 is letting his alma mater interests guide his comments. :D OSU is a good school and, from what you have advised, a very good diving program.

No. 2 is a good student, if I recall correctly. He should have a lot of choices. (Ivy League schools rock academically, and also have some darn good swimming and diving programs. Unfortunately, no $$ for athletic scholarships. :evil: )

Columbus is a sinkhole of vice.

LOL.

That may be my anti-Big 10 prejudice shining through.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:55 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
No. 9 is letting his alma mater interests guide his comments. OSU is a good school and, from what you have advised, a very good diving program.

Good football program. Good diving program. S__t school. S__t town.
OK, OK. I admit it. I'm biased. Buckeye fans are just like Cub fans in my eyes. Never met one that I particularly liked.
In all seriousness, I bet it is a great program. And I'm sure No. 2 is a good student and will keep clean. If not, just call up Tressel. He'll clean up the mess . . . .