Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I got a situation Question
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:56 pm 

Ohio_PiratesFan wrote:
4 kids with 6 girls??????

That would be quite a trick, wouldn't it??

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:00 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
Well i did find something but it is from a Nationals message board and i can't tell if they are talking about Dukes or Milledge. I hope somebody can clear this up with this statement.

Quote:
OKAY, PLEASE.... lets get real here. There is no chance for a .500 team to get third place in the NL East one of the best divisions in baseball. With the Mets Phils and Braves all sitting atop it, all having a shot at first. I got even the marlins with my boy hanley finishing ahead of the nationals. They had the worst offseason of anyone EVER. Lets see who they got... Lastings Milledge, seems promising but horrible attitude so obviously hes gonna clash with Elijah Dukes (how many kids does that guy have???? oh yeah 5 KIDS 4 DIFFERENT MOTHERS PLUS HES BEEN ARRESTED 6 TIMES SINCE '98) so the both of them are gonna go good with steriod abuser, locker room killer Paul Lo Duca... No wonder why the mets got rid of him and lastings... Not to mention cocky for someone who has no skill odalis perez... i cant even imagine what the locker room is gonna be like there (possibly a fight club) and they have no where near enough talent to even compete in the nl east.. ok wow im done

I am thinking that is all about Dukes, colin. Somehow I must have got into links about him, not milledge. But milleged is bad enough. Here is a bunch of stuff I did come up with about him.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/05/18/Sport ... ledg.shtml

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/spo ... gs_mi.html

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05162007/sp ... htm?page=0

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09212007/sp ... tossed.htm

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/le ... 52002.html

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/le ... 52002.html

http://www.mikesmets.com/2006/06/is_las ... _thug.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... again.html

http://umpbump.com/press/tag/lastings-milledge/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9973 ... -york-mets

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... view_N.htm

http://www.nationalsenquirer.com/2009/0 ... -talk.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNe ... 16?sp=true

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:05 pm 

This is from Elijah Dukes' Wikipedia page.

Quote:
In 1996, Dukes' father was convicted of second-degree murder. One year later, Dukes was arrested for the first time. Dukes has been arrested at least three times for battery, and once for assault. According to court records, he fathered at least five children with four women between 2003 and 2006.

On May 23, 2007, it was reported that his wife filed a restraining order after he threatened to kill her. On June 12, a 17-year-old foster child who was living in the care of a relative of Dukes accused him of impregnating her. Police said the sex was apparently consensual. When the girl confronted Dukes, he allegedly got angry and threw a bottle of Gatorade at her.

Dukes has received anger management training. When Dukes was traded to the Nationals, the team also hired an ex-police officer in the role of "Special Assistant: Player Concerns". This person accompanies Dukes everywhere to ensure that he keeps himself free of trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:11 pm 

Colin21 wrote:

Quote:
In 1996, Dukes' father was convicted of second-degree murder. One year later, Dukes was arrested for the first time. Dukes has been arrested at least three times for battery, and once for assault. According to court records, he fathered at least five children with four women between 2003 and 2006.

On May 23, 2007, it was reported that his wife filed a restraining order after he threatened to kill her. On June 12, a 17-year-old foster child who was living in the care of a relative of Dukes accused him of impregnating her. Police said the sex was apparently consensual. When the girl confronted Dukes, he allegedly got angry and threw a bottle of Gatorade at her.

Dukes has received anger management training. When Dukes was traded to the Nationals, the team also hired an ex-police officer in the role of "Special Assistant: Player Concerns". This person accompanies Dukes everywhere to ensure that he keeps himself free of trouble.

Fortunately for him and for us, Milledge is no Dukes! Can you imagine, having to hire a former cop to keep a player in line?? I definately wouldn't want him. But even still, I dont' want Milledge either. Hopefully, he can put up some great numbers at AAA and someone else will be willing to take a chance on him. The Pirates don't need that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:15 pm 

Animal wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

Quote:

Fortunately for him and for us, Milledge is no Dukes! Can you imagine, having to hire a former cop to keep a player in line?? I definately wouldn't want him. But even still, I dont' want Milledge either. Hopefully, he can put up some great numbers at AAA and someone else will be willing to take a chance on him. The Pirates don't need that.

Milledge remembers me of how Plaxico Burress was when he was with the Steelers/Giants before the gun incident. Let's hope he turns things the other way than Burress did.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:17 pm 

Milledge remembers me of how Plaxico Burress was when he was with the Steelers/Giants before the gun incident. Let's hope he turns things the other way than Burress did.

Let's be honest. How many players in any sport can you remember who was like this and turned things around? Even the players who do perform well, can never do it to help a team win.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:27 pm 

Animal wrote:

Let's be honest. How many players in any sport can you remember who was like this and turned things around? Even the players who do perform well, can never do it to help a team win.

I have to go back abit to find one but i do have one, Dennis Rodman.
I am however having trouble thinking of anymore. Chad Johnson(Ocho Cinco) hasn't had any off the field issues, but he hasn't helped the team win either.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:57 pm 

Animal wrote:

Milledge's father is a highway patrolman in Florida. If you want to hire a cop to oversee Milledge, I'm sure his father would oblige.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:59 pm 

Willton wrote:
Animal wrote:

Milledge's father is a highway patrolman in Florida. If you want to hire a cop to oversee Milledge, I'm sure his father would oblige.

Sounds to me from what I read that was part of the problem. A lot of cops' kids get away with stuff they should not have simply because of who their father or mother is. Kind of like being an athelete!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:03 pm 

Animal wrote:
Willton wrote:
Animal wrote:

Sounds to me from what I read that was part of the problem. A lot of cops' kids get away with stuff they should not have simply because of who their father or mother is. Kind of like being an athelete!

It's like being the coaches kid in sports.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:22 am 

Colin21 wrote:

Quote:
Dukes has received anger management training.

That class did not turn out well. He punched out the training officer. Further, Dukes bragged to friends that the Nationals had big plans for him, since they sent him to "management training."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:26 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

Quote:
Dukes has received anger management training.

That class did not turn out well. He punched out the training officer. Further, Dukes bragged to friends that the Nationals had big plans for him, since they sent him to "management training."

I don't get how did didn't get in a load of trouble for punching out the training officer. I have my 2nd anger management class tomorrow and i can guarentee if i punched the guy out i would be on a one way trip to jail.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:45 am 

Colin21 wrote:
I don't get how did didn't get in a load of trouble for punching out the training officer. I have my 2nd anger management class tomorrow and i can guarentee if i punched the guy out i would be on a one way trip to jail.

I was kidding, Colin. I thought that the reference to "management training" made that pretty clear.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:50 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

I was kidding, Colin. I thought that the reference to "management training" made that pretty clear.

Well ya never know when you're talking about a player like Dukes. It isn't out of the realm of possibility.