The Unofficial Pittsburgh Pirates Message Board
http://pittsburghsports.net/

Trading Ryan Doumit
http://pittsburghsports.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2464
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Colin21 [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:16 am ]
Post subject:  Trading Ryan Doumit

First off i will start with an injury update.
Doumit has a tentative return date of July 17, according to GM Neal Huntington and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Now to the trade rumors.
There has been some talk that Doumit could be traded if the deal is right, especially after management dealt Nate McLouth with little hesitation. Doumit will have to stay healthy before potential trading partners consider dealing for him.

Author:  Ralphie [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Let me guess, you and your buddy were talking about this, right?

Author:  Colin21 [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Ralphie wrote:
Let me guess, you and your buddy were talking about this, right?


No this is all from Neal Huntington, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Yahoo and Rotowire.

Author:  Argentum [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Gonna be hard to get much in return given his health status.

Author:  Colin21 [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Argentum wrote:
Gonna be hard to get much in return given his health status.


Very since the non-waiver trade deadline is July 31st and he isn't exspected to return to the Pirates until the 17th. That give him only 14 games to play with us, while 13 of them are in a row without an off day so he wont be playing all of those. I think he starts in about only 10 games before the trade deadline. He would really need to tear it up or i might go Rod and start saying those bad words "salary dump".

Author:  No. 9 [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Andrew McCutchen could be traded if the "deal was right" as well. Huntington saying that no one is untradeable if the right deal comes along hardly qualifies as a trade rumor involving Doumit. If there was anything - I repeat ANYTHING - remotely substantive pertaining to rumors about Doumit being traded, DK would not hesitate reporting it. Other than that, pure imaginative fluff.

Author:  Colin21 [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

I agree we shouldn't trade Doumit before this years trade deadline, just because we have him wrapped up for 3 years. Now i think if he comes back strong there will be alot of teams interested in him over the winter, but that doesn't throw it out that there always is the possibility that he will be dealt within the next month.

Author:  Az Bucco fan [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

They would be crazy to trade anyone who is presently playing up the middle. They have no one to replace them.

Author:  Animal [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Colin21 wrote:
First off i will start with an injury update.
Doumit has a tentative return date of July 17, according to GM Neal Huntington and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Now to the trade rumors.
There has been some talk that Doumit could be traded if the deal is right, especially after management dealt Nate McLouth with little hesitation. Doumit will have to stay healthy before potential trading partners consider dealing for him.


You cannot trade Ryan Doumit. Not now. In the off-season perhaps, but not now. First off, his value will never be high enough by the trading deadline to get any kind of return with more POTENTIAL than he gives us. Second, Jaramillo and Diaz have done a nice job.....certainly much better than any of us could have imagined, but Doumit could be among the elite hitting catchers in the league.

Now, if he could stay healthy and have a good second half, he could be worth trading in the off-season, especially with the draft pick (whose name escapes me...I have yet to sleep after work this morning) waiting in the wings.

Author:  JimY [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Remember last season when I posted that we should trade Doumit and Nate? I said that their values would never be higher, and we should sell high. People reacted as though I peed on them. Big angry thread as I recall. We really could have gotten a great deal on Doumit, now not so much.

Author:  Ryann [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

JimY wrote:
Remember last season when I posted that we should trade Doumit and Nate? I said that their values would never be higher, and we should sell high. People reacted as though I peed on them. Big angry thread as I recall. We really could have gotten a great deal on Doumit, now not so much.

Your a fool Doumit has a high value and would be wrong to trade him because he has a good contract and he is a great bat.

Author:  eStragand [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Ryann wrote:
Your a fool ....

Oh boy.

Anyways, I'd be a little surprised if Doumit gets swapped. He's also had a history of injuries on top of it all.

Author:  Animal [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Ryann wrote:
JimY wrote:
Remember last season when I posted that we should trade Doumit and Nate? I said that their values would never be higher, and we should sell high. People reacted as though I peed on them. Big angry thread as I recall. We really could have gotten a great deal on Doumit, now not so much.

Your a fool Doumit has a high value and would be wrong to trade him because he has a good contract and he is a great bat.


Once again, if you are going to do something like call someone a fool, at least you should TRY to do it grammatically correct.

"Your" indicates something of possession. Your poor grammer. Your repeated mistakes. Your ridiculous statements.

What you WANT to say is "YOU'RE" a fool. This is a contraction. Say it with me, real slow C-O-N-T-R-A-C-T-I-O-N. It means "YOU ARE", as in 'YOU'RE a fool", "YOU'RE an idiot", or "YOU'RE STUPID."

Now that we are done with our English lesson, please explain to me how Doumit has a high value? Yes, his contract is good, but unfortunately, the medical bills make it triple what his salary is.

I love Doumit, but until he proves he can be productive AND stay healthy, he has no real trade value.

Author:  sisyphus [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Colin21 wrote:
First off i will start with an injury update.
Doumit has a tentative return date of July 17, according to GM Neal Huntington and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Now to the trade rumors.
There has been some talk that Doumit could be traded if the deal is right, especially after management dealt Nate McLouth with little hesitation. Doumit will have to stay healthy before potential trading partners consider dealing for him.

There is nobody on this team who I wouldn't trade if the deal was right.

That being said, I'm not expecting Doumit to hit much when he returns. Wrist injuries tend to screw guys up for a long time.

Author:  sisyphus [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

JimY wrote:
Remember last season when I posted that we should trade Doumit and Nate? I said that their values would never be higher, and we should sell high. People reacted as though I peed on them. Big angry thread as I recall. We really could have gotten a great deal on Doumit, now not so much.

I was one of the guys who disagreed with you. That was last year. This is this year. Big difference.

Author:  JimY [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Quote:
I was one of the guys who disagreed with you. That was last year. This is this year. Big difference


The difference is that last year we get good prospects for him.

Author:  JimY [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

Quote:
Your a fool Doumit has a high value and would be wrong to trade him because he has a good contract and he is a great bat.



He is a good player when healthy. But he has little value to us. Sanchez is the future catcher. Trade the old guys when you can get value for them. Build an actual winner in the future.

Oh and one more thing....
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

I never get sick of that.

Author:  BostonBuc [ Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trading Ryan Doumit

My .02 for what it's worth is that Doumit will not be traded this year unless someone really overpays because his value will be too low. Next year this might be a different story. I do however think we will trade one of the 3 catchers and I hope it's Diaz. Catcher is too valuable to have 3 that could play everyday.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/