Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Nationals Pursuing Nyjer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:00 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Well, remember, this was the Nat's offer to the Bucs. The Bucs want the young pitcher .. Stemmer(sp?). My guess is that the talks will turn toward one of the Nats young middle infielders soon enough, if the Nats are truly serious.

ZM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:05 pm 

I read somewhere a little bit ago, the Pirates have stopped talks with the Nationals...

I dont remember where I read it, i was checking emails and reading articles and polishing a guitar

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:55 am 

Love Morgan but they need to do this deal. The superior prospect in this is Milledge. He is also alot younger and has as many games as Nyjer has in the major leagues. He can be a head case, but so did a fellow named Barry Bonds. Not saying he is the next Bonds, but he reminds me a lot of him in his attitude. Make the deal, especially if they can get a middle infielder (Gonzalez) in the deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 am 

bigdawg6954 wrote:
Love Morgan but they need to do this deal. The superior prospect in this is Milledge. He is also alot younger and has as many games as Nyjer has in the major leagues. He can be a head case, but so did a fellow named Barry Bonds. Not saying he is the next Bonds, but he reminds me a lot of him in his attitude. Make the deal, especially if they can get a middle infielder (Gonzalez) in the deal.

The middle infielder that was rumored to be in the deal was Anderson Hernandez. I think he is currently either their starting second basemen or their backup, he's not all that good and i think he is already 27.
Also Milledge is alittle more of a problem than Bonds ever was. The term "head case" shouldn't be used with him. He is a bad guy, straight up, not a "head case".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:07 am 

bigdawg6954 wrote:

A trade for Milledge will block a spot for either Tabata or Hernandez in AA...I cant see getting Milledge for a short term basis, especially when you have a guy like Young who needs more at bats and Moss who does too...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:23 am 

If we're going to go after a Washington headcase, let's do it right and target Elijah Dukes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:07 pm 

bigdawg6954 wrote:

JUST SAY NO!

There is quite a difference between being a head case, and being a loser...a player with no heart, criminal element, and much more.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:53 pm 

Argentum wrote:
If we're going to go after a Washington headcase, let's do it right and target Elijah Dukes.

Agreed. He at least knows where the strike-zone is.