Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Virgil Vasquez: How long does he stay in rotation?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:57 am 

Colin21 wrote:
I'm lost. I thought it was my generation that is susposed to be tech savy. Can somebody explain to me what "button" is being talked about?

The Youtube button on the control bar, above the message section. Hit the button, copy and past the URL, and voila!! The Youtube clip is embedded.

I remember inquiring about this feature several weeks ago, after spending 10 minutes trying to embed Tom Petty's "Free Falling."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:16 pm 

I am going to try it in the near future. I want to have No. 2 son put his 307C on youtube then post it for you guys to see. Bucfan knows the lingo but for those of you who don't, it is a reverse 3 1/2 in the tuck position. Nobody else in the US does it in his age group (16-18) and he did it for 7's last week in Albuquerque.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:16 pm 

I don't think it will be too long...unless of course he continues to do well.

It actually would not have surprised me to see him here for just last night, and Gorzzy be brought back up down the road.

Personally, with the great number of options we have for starters, I don't ever see Karstens going back into the rotation.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:27 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
I am going to try it in the near future. I want to have No. 2 son put his 307C on youtube then post it for you guys to see. Bucfan knows the lingo but for those of you who don't, it is a reverse 3 1/2 in the tuck position. Nobody else in the US does it in his age group (16-18) and he did it for 7's last week in Albuquerque.

That is a tough dive and a great score. What is the DD on that dive, Az? I am guessing 3.4.

And for those who do not know much about diving - 50 points on a dive is big. Very big. Az's younger son got 7's on the dive. The middle 3 scores are used for calculating the scoring - throw out the high and low or two highest and lowest, depending on the number of judges.

If a diver gets 21 points from the judges (3 scores of 7.0), that would yield 71 points on one dive, if as I believe the DD (degree of difficulty) is 3.4. That is freaking huge.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:47 pm 

It is 3.5 DD. He has the highest DD dive list in the country also.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:59 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
It is 3.5 DD. He has the highest DD dive list in the country also.

Rock on, No. 2. 3.5 is scary difficult. Son earned 73 points on one dive. Crimony, that is tough to beat.

Daughter's most difficult dive in terms of DD was a 2 1/2, 1 1/2 on platform. That carries a 3.4.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:53 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
I'm lost. I thought it was my generation that is susposed to be tech savy. Can somebody explain to me what "button" is being talked about?

The Youtube button on the control bar, above the message section. Hit the button, copy and past the URL, and voila!! The Youtube clip is embedded.

I remember inquiring about this feature several weeks ago, after spending 10 minutes trying to embed Tom Petty's "Free Falling."

Thank you. I will have to try that out at some point, but i don't find alot of good video's. I have been looking for along time of the video of curveradio(Ron Potesta) on the roller coaster a month or so back.