Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: McCutchen is the real deal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:39 am 

I dont care if it has only been a few weeks, the kid is a going to be a star. 22 year old with 18 rbi out of the lead off spot already!! Does anyone think he could win ROY this year?

Post subject: Re: McCutchen is the real deal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:41 am 

DoeyDoumit wrote:
I dont care if it has only been a few weeks, the kid is a going to be a star. 22 year old with 18 rbi out of the lead off spot already!! Does anyone think he could win ROY this year?

I think he should win the Roy this year.

And remember he is diong this good to start his career at only 22. The homeruns are going to come and the speed won't go. He won't be barry bonds...but he is going to be damn good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:42 am 

DoeyDoumit wrote:

I never thought about ROY yet. I will have to look up who he would be up against.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:02 am 

Colin21 wrote:
DoeyDoumit wrote:

I never thought about ROY yet. I will have to look up who he would be up against.

Randy Wells is probably his toughest competitor right now. Seth Smith and Dexter Fowler also pose as threats to win the award.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:08 am 

Willton wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
DoeyDoumit wrote:

Randy Wells is probably his toughest competitor right now. Seth Smith and Dexter Fowler also pose as threats to win the award.

Smith and Fowler take away from eachother though which helps out Cutch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:29 am 

Someone said it in another thread and I swear I said it to my brother a few days ago. I said "McCutcheon is the best young player the Pirates have had since Barry Bonds."

He really seems to have all the tools. The triples blow my mind. He's been up for what, 3 weeks and has 4 triples? Plus, he is showing some clutch hitting too. Gotta cut down on the K's, but that could be rookie pressing and will pass....hopefully.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:37 am 

Quote:
Someone said it in another thread and I swear I said it to my brother a few days ago. I said "McCutcheon is the best young player the Pirates have had since Barry Bonds."

That does seem to be coming up alot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:24 am 

He's got a chance to be really special. He has already won the hearts of fans and kids. May be a needed hero for young people to get them back wearing Pirate caps with pride.

I may keep special the fact that I was there when he played his first game, got his first hit, RBI, and run scored.

Last night was great.