Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Neal Huntington on the Nightly Sports call in the Pitt. area
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Neal Huntington is the guest on the CW network's Nightly Sports call tonight at 10:35pm in the local Pittsburgh area.

_________________
I break more news than CIA posters break wind!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington on the Nightly Sports call in the Pitt. area
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
So far it has been all about Snell.
He said it kinda worries him that Snell asked to be sent to the minors.
He doesn't seem like he think Snell will ever start again for the Pirates.

_________________
I break more news than CIA posters break wind!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington on the Nightly Sports call in the Pitt. area
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Well that wasn't very good. No talk about Doumit or anything.

_________________
I break more news than CIA posters break wind!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington on the Nightly Sports call in the Pitt. area
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
So this is a copy of mine from another topic, but i thought i should also put it here because it was said on the Nightly Sports Call tonight.
Huntington said Snell said he just wants to go throw it as hard as he can and do it his way and not be told what to do. He went on to say that they want to see how he responds to the minors. If he takes the advice or if he is closed minded and just shuts it down. He said the student that isn't willing to learn wont learn.

_________________
I break more news than CIA posters break wind!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington on the Nightly Sports call in the Pitt. area
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:13 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 pm
Posts: 1361
Maybe he should change his name back to Oquendo and Hunnington will think he is someone else.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington on the Nightly Sports call in the Pitt. area
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:07 pm
Posts: 1592
Snell sounds like he is already shutting down in the article I read.

Attitude? No thank you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington on the Nightly Sports call in the Pitt. area
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:22 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:14 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Louisiana
Colin21 wrote:
So this is a copy of mine from another topic, but i thought i should also put it here because it was said on the Nightly Sports Call tonight.
Huntington said Snell said he just wants to go throw it as hard as he can and do it his way and not be told what to do. He went on to say that they want to see how he responds to the minors. If he takes the advice or if he is closed minded and just shuts it down. He said the student that isn't willing to learn wont learn.

That kind of attitude...throwing it as hard as he can...might be good for a closer...but definitely not for a starter. If that's the attitude he goes to Indy with...and keeps it...there's a better chance of hell freezing over than there is of Ian starting another game in Pittsburgh. Closing...possible...if Capps were traded...but never as a starter.

Uncomfortably...it appears there is a good chance that the Pirates will be eating about $6M from his guaranteed contract...almost 2 mil this year for the rest of the season (of a 3 mil salary)...and 4.25 mil next year. Interesting that his struggles started last season...shortly after signing the contract with guaranteed money. He had club options for 2011-12 totaling 16 mil...that if he doesn't clean up his act...have no prayer of being picked up.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington on the Nightly Sports call in the Pitt. area
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Thunder wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
So this is a copy of mine from another topic, but i thought i should also put it here because it was said on the Nightly Sports Call tonight.
Huntington said Snell said he just wants to go throw it as hard as he can and do it his way and not be told what to do. He went on to say that they want to see how he responds to the minors. If he takes the advice or if he is closed minded and just shuts it down. He said the student that isn't willing to learn wont learn.

That kind of attitude...throwing it as hard as he can...might be good for a closer...but definitely not for a starter. If that's the attitude he goes to Indy with...and keeps it...there's a better chance of hell freezing over than there is of Ian starting another game in Pittsburgh. Closing...possible...if Capps were traded...but never as a starter.

Uncomfortably...it appears there is a good chance that the Pirates will be eating about $6M from his guaranteed contract...almost 2 mil this year for the rest of the season (of a 3 mil salary)...and 4.25 mil next year. Interesting that his struggles started last season...shortly after signing the contract with guaranteed money. He had club options for 2011-12 totaling 16 mil...that if he doesn't clean up his act...have no prayer of being picked up.


I think that extension is why they are downplaying this right now. So it doesn't look like as bad as a move as it was.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington on the Nightly Sports call in the Pitt. area
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:01 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Posts: 31
Would it be such a bad idea that we ship Snell to Cleveland for Carmona...we can throw in Grabow, while the Tribe can also toss in one of their many middle infielders...injured or otherwise...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington on the Nightly Sports call in the Pitt. area
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
mr. crawdad wrote:
Would it be such a bad idea that we ship Snell to Cleveland for Carmona...we can throw in Grabow, while the Tribe can also toss in one of their many middle infielders...injured or otherwise...


I don't think Snell and Grabow have the value to equal Carmona by himself. He just needs to get fixed up.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington on the Nightly Sports call in the Pitt. area
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:23 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:40 pm
Posts: 703
Location: Boston
Colin21 wrote:
mr. crawdad wrote:
Would it be such a bad idea that we ship Snell to Cleveland for Carmona...we can throw in Grabow, while the Tribe can also toss in one of their many middle infielders...injured or otherwise...


I don't think Snell and Grabow have the value to equal Carmona by himself. He just needs to get fixed up.


I was thinking the same Colin...I would take that deal in a minute.

_________________
Yinzers uber alles


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bucco boy, Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits