Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:40 pm
Posts: 73
Ryann, you seem like someone took your cookie when you were a kid. Get over it, life goes on man. We all wish the Pirates were winning more games, if we stop going to games they will have no money to run the team at all and it may go somewhere else. You keep saying that no one is answering the question that you asked, "why should fans go to games?" It has been answered like 13 times but you don't like the answer. They go because they want to. We see that you are upset, dually noted, we get it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:47 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
AZpirateguy wrote:
Ryann, you seem like someone took your cookie when you were a kid. Get over it, life goes on man. We all wish the Pirates were winning more games, if we stop going to games they will have no money to run the team at all and it may go somewhere else. You keep saying that no one is answering the question that you asked, "why should fans go to games?" It has been answered like 13 times but you don't like the answer. They go because they want to. We see that you are upset, dually noted, we get it.


We as fans must get the attention of ownership that we are sick of it. The point is they don't spend money they trade who will cost money for cheaper lesser talents. Their only hope is they get really lucky with all these prospects which is doubtful.
The only answer is "i like baseball that is why i go to games". That is a weak answer.
If fans don't challenge management and ownership to improve the team and spend more money they will never compete.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:14 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6279
I like baseball is a better reason to go than I went to go with friends. :roll:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:03 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Az Bucco fan wrote:
I like baseball is a better reason to go than I went to go with friends. :roll:

Wrong again. If a group of people wants you to go you go. Going by yourself to cause you like mediocre baseball that is nothing.

You can't justify your argument against mine so you lose :lol:
You can't admit the Pirates run their games like a carnival

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:46 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6279
Really? I don't succumb to peer pressure when it comes to spending what disposable income I have for entertainment. Of course, my friends would not hold it against me if they were going to attend an event that I did not want to go to and I chose not too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:49 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Az Bucco fan wrote:
Really? I don't succumb to peer pressure when it comes to spending what disposable income I have for entertainment. Of course, my friends would not hold it against me if they were going to attend an event that I did not want to go to and I chose not too.


Who said anything about peer pressure? I would go with my friends anytime and no one would hold it against me. You don't know what or anything I spent in going.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:03 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6279
You need to learn how to read and comprehend what you read. Sorry, it's the truth because that is not even close to what I said.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Everybody in this thread is about one post away from time out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:05 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6279
LOL. Colin, are you related to Henry Kissinger? By the way, you are doing a nice job as an intermediary. 8-)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Az Bucco fan wrote:
LOL. Colin, are you related to Henry Kissinger? By the way, you are doing a nice job as an intermediary. 8-)


I try to keep the peace ;)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:14 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6279
Peace out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:40 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Az Bucco fan wrote:
You need to learn how to read and comprehend what you read. Sorry, it's the truth because that is not even close to what I said.


You apoligists make no valid argument. You just spead lies. You try to make people think Andy Laroche has more value then Matt Laporta :lol:

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Ryann wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:
You need to learn how to read and comprehend what you read. Sorry, it's the truth because that is not even close to what I said.


You apoligists make no valid argument. You just spead lies. You try to make people think Andy Laroche has more value then Matt Laporta :lol:

Then prove that he doesn't.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2172
Willton wrote:
Ryann wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:
You need to learn how to read and comprehend what you read. Sorry, it's the truth because that is not even close to what I said.


You apoligists make no valid argument. You just spead lies. You try to make people think Andy Laroche has more value then Matt Laporta :lol:

Then prove that he doesn't.


Give him a second to gather his thoughts :roll: ....and take his next dose of meds....


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1330
PirateParrot wrote:
Willton wrote:
Ryann wrote:
You apoligists make no valid argument. You just spead lies. You try to make people think Andy Laroche has more value then Matt Laporta :lol:

Then prove that he doesn't.


Give him a second to gather his thoughts :roll: ....and take his next dose of meds....

It's because he was a higher draft pick. You know, just like how Adam Johnson (#2 pick in 2000 and out of baseball) is better than Brandon Webb, Brad Hawpe, Jason Kubel, Josh Willingham, Nate McLouth and Jason Bay (8th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 20th and 22nd rounds, respectively, same year) and like how Corey Myers (#4 pick in 1999 and out of baseball) is better than Albert Pujols (13th round, same year). Oh, yeah, and like how Tony Sanchez (#4 pick this year) is better than all those guys picked after him. Oh, wait, he won't use that last example (or any of these examples for that matter) because he only relies on draft order and the expertise of scouts when it advances his argument and not otherwise.

And now, wait for it, here comes the reply (which I won't read) which will be something like this:

Ryann as channelled by burghermeister wrote:
your a moron if you think that laroch is better than puhols :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

even though that's not what I said. :roll:

BM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:48 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
You are idiots you twist what I say. You can't make a valid argument in any way shape or form. When I however do.
Andy Laroche minor league batting line
495 1800 346 531 109 3 95 333 36 19 243 294 25 7 4 21 46 .295 .382 .517 899
Ops was 899 Laroche hit 95 homeruns in 6 minor league seasons and 495 games.
Lets look at Matt Laporta
178 758 651 119 190 42 4 43 134 2 2 73 131 .292 .381 .567 .948
In just 178 games laporta hit 43 homeruns which is a much better pace then laroche.
But the best stat is the 948 OPS he has put up in the minor leagues.
Also laporta had 73bb to 131k
While laroche had 243bb 294k
So the k to walk ratio is close to the same with laroche beating laporta while laporta ops is higher.
So Laporta is the better player!
PS

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/ ... oche.shtml
http://www.baseball-reference.com/minor ... port001mat



Defensively Laroche plays a more demanding position but he isn't the best defender at 3rd and is average at best. Laporta plays the less demandning outfield and first base and is similiary an average fielder.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:21 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6279
There you go, calling people names again ryann.
Laporta has a bit more power but is not near the fielder that LaRoche is. He is a DH is waiting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:26 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Az Bucco fan wrote:
There you go, calling people names again ryann.
Laporta has a bit more power but is not near the fielder that LaRoche is. He is a DH is waiting.


And an MVP :lol:
He is a better player then laroche and you know it. I proved you wrong and now you are saying Laroche is better because he is a slightly better fielder.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:32 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6279
His minor league numbers are somewhat better but he has not proven anything at the ML level where LaRoche has shown he can hit for average and field a position, 3B, at an above average ability. LaPorta may end up being a better ML player but he hasn't proven that at this point. Maybe in a year or two but that has not yet been determined at the ML level.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:34 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Az Bucco fan wrote:
His minor league numbers are somewhat better but he has not proven anything at the ML level where LaRoche has shown he can hit for average and field a position, 3B, at an above average ability. LaPorta may end up being a better ML player but he hasn't proven that at this point. Maybe in a year or two but that has not yet been determined at the ML level.


Laroche has proven he can hit for a very average batting average at 290 some.
He also has proven he can make a lot of errors at 3b. He is not a good fielder at third accept that!!!
Laporta has proven that he has more value then laroche.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits