Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:09 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
bradf wrote:
Why do birds fly? Why do fish swim? Fans go to games because they are fans!


i wouldnt even call a half of the people at the games fans. Many know nothing about baseball or the pirates.

You continue to pay to see a carnival! You get a free sovenior fireworks and get to see games on the scoreboard. You are a sucker for the pirates if you can't see how they handle games. They have that garbage there to keep fans minds off how bad the team is.
The pirates are the most mediocre team in baseball.

This is a question what do you get out of the game? You see your favorite team lose more years then any other team in a row.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 4295
Location: Zelienople, PA
Then you have earned one of the board's oldest monikers... stay in your basement, smoke your opium and curse the sunlight.

Me, I'll go to a ballgame.

BTW,

Off to Mahoning Valley tonight to catch our newest catcher.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:22 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Pirates are a joke of a team. Im losing faith.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7313
Ryann wrote:
Pirates are a joke of a team. Im losing faith.


Then lose it and follow some other team if they're that big of a joke and you're losing faith...

Its baseball, people go to watch baseball...

Every team in the Major League Baseball has the same promotions...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:31 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
nad69dan wrote:
Ryann wrote:
Pirates are a joke of a team. Im losing faith.


Then lose it and follow some other team if they're that big of a joke and you're losing faith...

Its baseball, people go to watch baseball...

Every team in the Major League Baseball has the same promotions...


That is a lie they dont have games every half inning and they dont have promotions every single night. But the cheapass pirates don't have promotions when the yankees come. And they don't for the indians cause they know people want to see pittsburgh and cleveland.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Ryann wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
Ryann wrote:
Pirates are a joke of a team. Im losing faith.


Then lose it and follow some other team if they're that big of a joke and you're losing faith...

Its baseball, people go to watch baseball...

Every team in the Major League Baseball has the same promotions...


That is a lie they dont have games every half inning and they dont have promotions every single night. But the cheapass pirates don't have promotions when the yankees come. And they don't for the indians cause they know people want to see pittsburgh and cleveland.


Well there wasn't a promotion for the Yankees series last year, but the last game of the Indians series they are giving away t-shirts.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7313
Go check some of the MLB schedules...

The Cubs have 3 more bobblehead nights, they have a Dora The Explorer doll night, Snoopy in a 1984 Cubs jersey night, t shirt day, school notebooks, batting helmet, special July 4th hats.

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:08 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
nad69dan wrote:
Go check some of the MLB schedules...

The Cubs have 3 more bobblehead nights, they have a Dora The Explorer doll night, Snoopy in a 1984 Cubs jersey night, t shirt day, school notebooks, batting helmet, special July 4th hats.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And the cubs won the division last year! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: And the year before :lol:
They dont have bucco and mystery box and stupid pieriogi races though!

And ps they still don't have as many giveaways as the pirates with the pirates mighty figurines plates hats and shirts and more!

Its also funny the pirates have spinnning wheels that you can win the junk from last years games for all the unsold tickets!
Leagues lowest attendance woooo!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7313
Ryann wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
Go check some of the MLB schedules...

The Cubs have 3 more bobblehead nights, they have a Dora The Explorer doll night, Snoopy in a 1984 Cubs jersey night, t shirt day, school notebooks, batting helmet, special July 4th hats.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And the cubs won the division last year! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: And the year before :lol:
They dont have bucco and mystery box and stupid pieriogi races though!

And ps they still don't have as many giveaways as the pirates with the pirates mighty figurines plates hats and shirts and more!

Its also funny the pirates have spinnning wheels that you can win the junk from last years games for all the unsold tickets!
Leagues lowest attendance woooo!!!!!!!!!!


The Brewers have a sausage race, The Nationals have the Presidents race

The Brewers have 6 bobblehead nights, including the GM...

The Yankees are having a series of collectible diecast vehicles...

Other team are doing the all you can eat seats and different discounts...

There's just as many as the Pirates

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
nad69dan wrote:
Ryann wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
Go check some of the MLB schedules...

The Cubs have 3 more bobblehead nights, they have a Dora The Explorer doll night, Snoopy in a 1984 Cubs jersey night, t shirt day, school notebooks, batting helmet, special July 4th hats.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And the cubs won the division last year! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: And the year before :lol:
They dont have bucco and mystery box and stupid pieriogi races though!

And ps they still don't have as many giveaways as the pirates with the pirates mighty figurines plates hats and shirts and more!

Its also funny the pirates have spinnning wheels that you can win the junk from last years games for all the unsold tickets!
Leagues lowest attendance woooo!!!!!!!!!!


The Brewers have a sausage race, The Nationals have the Presidents race

The Brewers have 6 bobblehead nights, including the GM...

The Yankees are having a series of collectible diecast vehicles...

Other team are doing the all you can eat seats and different discounts...

There's just as many as the Pirates


Don't forget the Braves with there tool box race.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:51 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6301
D Backs have at least as many and maybe more promotions. You gotta get your facts straight ryann.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Az Bucco fan wrote:
D Backs have at least as many and maybe more promotions. You gotta get your facts straight ryann.

He's not very good at that.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:34 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Az Bucco fan wrote:
D Backs have at least as many and maybe more promotions. You gotta get your facts straight ryann.


The dbacks have been to the playoffs in the last few years and have a talented baseball team.
You need to get your facts straight apoligist! :lol:

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 4295
Location: Zelienople, PA
Video cam catches Ryann posting...

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6301
No,get your facts straight ryann. The D backs have worse record than the Pirates and attendance is at an all time low. It is called marketing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:40 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Az Bucco fan wrote:
No,get your facts straight ryann. The D backs have worse record than the Pirates and attendance is at an all time low. It is called marketing.


The dbacks were in the playoff in the last 3 years. They also have more offensive talent then the Pirates. They have Justin Upton and Brandon Webb who are both studs and Upton has more potential then anyone in the league. They have won a world series more recently as well.
Get your facts straight :P

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:41 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6301
Brandon Webb is probably out for the season. I have my facts straight.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:44 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
And still is an all star caliber pitcher. Webb can rebound :P
Upton is better then anyone on the Pirates the last 17 years :P

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:45 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6301
Brandon Webb has a torn labrum. We will see 9-12 months from now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:49 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Az Bucco fan wrote:
Brandon Webb has a torn labrum. We will see 9-12 months from now.

He helped Arizona to the playoffs recently.
If the superstar like Bryan Morris that you apoligists say can comeback from TJ and be the
next Billingsley then Webb should have no trouble! :lol: :P :roll:

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], IA Pirate, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits