Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:40 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6168
.290 is not average . It is above average. LaPorta has proven nothing at the ML level. Tell me what he has proven at the ML level.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:42 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Az Bucco fan wrote:
.290 is not average . It is above average. LaPorta has proven nothing at the ML level. Tell me what he has proven at the ML level.


He didn't get enough time to prove anything! :lol:
Weren't you the one making up excuses for Laroche who played worse then Laporta did in his debut? What has Laroche proven? He can hit 290, field very average, and bring nothing else.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:46 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6168
He hit .190 and they sent him down. What he proved was that he wasn't ready.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:47 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Az Bucco fan wrote:
He hit .190 and they sent him down. What he proved was that he wasn't ready.

Yet he has more value then Laroche.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:51 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6168
Based on what? Minor league numbers? That turd don't float at this point.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:53 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Az Bucco fan wrote:
Based on what? Minor league numbers? That turd don't float at this point.


Go ask any major league team they would take Laporta over laroche the pirates would too.
Laporta is a future all star.
Laroche is a future journeyman 3rd basemen.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Ryann wrote:
He also has proven he can make a lot of errors at 3b. He is not a good fielder at third accept that!!!

Hard to accept when the stats say otherwise:
http://www.fangraphs.com/winss.aspx?tea ... 09&month=0

LaRoche has a 2.2 UZR, which means that he's been 2.2 runs better than the league-average 3B. I don't know what your definition of "good" is regarding fielding, but I can objectively say that he is better than the average defender.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:25 pm
Posts: 792
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Ryann, One thing I think a lot of posters that have been replying to you have in common is that we were around when the Pirates were good. When they were champions. I'm sure it's tough for you to hang with the Bucs when all you've seen have been losing seasons, but I absolutely remember when it was expected that the Pirates would win the NL east. You mention why do we go to games? Not only do I go to games...I travel hundreds of miles to go to games...I'm originally from NC and how I became a Pirate fan who knows...NBC game of the week. Stargell and Clemente and the rest is in my blood. They won the series that year (71) and I've been a fan ever since. Now I live close enough to go to Pittsburgh or Cinci or somewhere close by every year and I do. The Pirates lost the first 9 games I saw them play in person. This year I went to the Colorado series in Pittsburgh and got to see a 10 run inning by the Bucs. We piggybacked that series with the following one in DC. Saw the Bucs take 5 of 6 on that trip and it was great. Saw Nate make his last great defensive play for the Pirates in that series. Who knows what I'll see Cutch do next year...but I'm goin! I know you play ball...if you could see in a crystal ball right now and know that you'd never become a professional...would you still play? Or give up?....that's what I thought. Same with true Pirate fans. I went to Wrigley 4 or 5 years ago to see the Bucs and we got waxed. A Cub fan smarted off to me and I told him..."at least I've seen my team win the world series...twice" Cub fan/owned. There's a history involved that nobody can seem to get you to understand. I don't think people here are trying so much to make/keep you a fan...but try to understand why we are. Peace to you. (sorry for the novel....)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Should Fans Go To Games?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:40 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
ParrotLuv wrote:
Ryann, One thing I think a lot of posters that have been replying to you have in common is that we were around when the Pirates were good. When they were champions. I'm sure it's tough for you to hang with the Bucs when all you've seen have been losing seasons, but I absolutely remember when it was expected that the Pirates would win the NL east. You mention why do we go to games? Not only do I go to games...I travel hundreds of miles to go to games...I'm originally from NC and how I became a Pirate fan who knows...NBC game of the week. Stargell and Clemente and the rest is in my blood. They won the series that year (71) and I've been a fan ever since. Now I live close enough to go to Pittsburgh or Cinci or somewhere close by every year and I do. The Pirates lost the first 9 games I saw them play in person. This year I went to the Colorado series in Pittsburgh and got to see a 10 run inning by the Bucs. We piggybacked that series with the following one in DC. Saw the Bucs take 5 of 6 on that trip and it was great. Saw Nate make his last great defensive play for the Pirates in that series. Who knows what I'll see Cutch do next year...but I'm goin! I know you play ball...if you could see in a crystal ball right now and know that you'd never become a professional...would you still play? Or give up?....that's what I thought. Same with true Pirate fans. I went to Wrigley 4 or 5 years ago to see the Bucs and we got waxed. A Cub fan smarted off to me and I told him..."at least I've seen my team win the world series...twice" Cub fan/owned. There's a history involved that nobody can seem to get you to understand. I don't think people here are trying so much to make/keep you a fan...but try to understand why we are. Peace to you. (sorry for the novel....)



You have seen the team win a world series twice...I have seen the team set a record with 17 straight losing seasons.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits