Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vasquez pulled early from game with Indy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:01 pm 

Quote:
UPDATE 8:21 p.m.: Officially confirmed that Vasquez, is indeed, completely healthy. Sounds like something is up. Combined with Ian Snell's very poor outing here tonight at PNC, maybe something significant.

Quote:
8:35 p.m.: I know nothing definitive about Snell's status, but he does have an option remaining.

8:41 p.m.: Vasquez was lifted early so he could be available to start for the Pirates Friday, if needed to take Charlie Morton's turn. Morton has had lingering trouble with that tight left hamstring. Thus, it apparently has nothing to do with Snell.

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs ... fault.aspx

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

Post subject: Re: Vasquez pulled early from game with Indy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:10 am 

I believe that Morton is hurt and will not make his next start. My evidence is the fact that he couldn't run. I haven't seen any press on this it's just my gut.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:12 am 

BostonBuc wrote:
I believe that Morton is hurt and will not make his next start. My evidence is the fact that he couldn't run. I haven't seen any press on this it's just my gut.

They said something during the game commentary that they think that is why. That he will start Friday against the Royals.(I'll be there) and yes Ryann i am going for the hat.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:16 am 

Colin21 wrote:
BostonBuc wrote:

They said something during the game commentary that they think that is why. That he will start Friday against the Royals.(I'll be there) and yes Ryann i am going for the hat.

I saw that...I had the home team on MLB tonight but it was a lot to type :)

I think you should go to games....maybe not as many as you would if they were good. I came from Boston for 2 vs. Detroit (would have been 3 if not for game #7). If we all went to no games the team would not be in Pittsburgh. For me it's a kin to not voting but still complaining. :) I can complain because I put in the effort and have for years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:16 am 

The hat and the carnival act every inning break.
Look I go to games to I am just questioning why fans should continue to pay money to go the next few years. I really mean the casual fan who doesn't follow the Pirates to much. Boy the bucs are in for a wake up call the next few years when no fans are coming to the games.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:24 am 

Ryann wrote:
Look I go to games to I am just questioning why fans should continue to pay money to go the next few years. I really mean the casual fan who doesn't follow the Pirates to much. Boy the bucs are in for a wake up call the next few years when no fans are coming to the games.

I don't get the complaints about the gimmicks. I know I'm older then you, and i don't like them but I have been to almost every stadium in MLB in the past 5-7 years including teams that draw well like Boston, New York and Chicago. All of them have playgrounds, fireworks, bobble heads and other crap, and all of the new stadiums are worse then the old. I personally wish they didn't but it's 2009 not 1969 and those days are gone. So why pick on the Pirates when they do what everyone else does? Is it your contention that the Pirates should not do what everyone else does just to maintain "purity" or is it just that you have never been to another stadium?

I'm just wondering because this meme is old, tired, and uninformed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:30 am 

BostonBuc wrote:
Ryann wrote:

I don't get the complaints about the gimmicks. I know I'm older then you, and i don't like them but I have been to almost every stadium in MLB in the past 5-7 years including teams that draw well like Boston, New York and Chicago. All of them have playgrounds, fireworks, bobble heads and other crap, and all of the new stadiums are worse then the old. I personally wish they didn't but it's 2009 not 1969 and those days are gone. So why pick on the Pirates when they do what everyone else does? Is it your contention that the Pirates should not do what everyone else does just to maintain "purity" or is it just that you have never been to another stadium?

I'm just wondering because this meme is old, tired, and uninformed.

You are wrong I have been to many staduim recently and non are even close to as bad as the pirates. Oh add St.Louis new staduim they don't do the gimmicks. The pirates are the worst they are seriously a carnival act.
No teams have giveaways almost every night. No teams have the stupid sideshows every inning break like the Pirates. Ive been to those staduim and none of them have even half as many gimmicks as the pirates.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:36 am 

Ryann wrote:

I don't really want to say this, but i have also gone to games to see players before we trade them away and they make it big. I can't wait to go to the Royals game Friday because it will be the first time i get to see McCutchen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:39 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Ryann wrote:

I don't really want to say this, but i have also gone to games to see players before we trade them away and they make it big. I can't wait to go to the Royals game Friday because it will be the first time i get to see McCutchen.

I can't see any scenario where we trade Cutch so I think you are Ok. It may be your last chance to see Freddy however :( and he is IMO one of the most underrated pure hitters in baseball.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:44 am 

BostonBuc wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Ryann wrote:

I can't see any scenario where we trade Cutch so I think you are Ok. It may be your last chance to see Freddy however :( and he is IMO one of the most underrated pure hitters in baseball.

That is true. I think Freddy will be headed to Tampa Bay.