Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The trade is over....
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:37 pm 

.....I didn't like it, I still don't, but its done and over with and it is time to move on.

I am getting a bit tired of all the complaining and whining on this board.....trade this guy....move this guy....fire this guy.....sign this high school kid....and on and on and on.

As I sit here today, the bucs are certainly improved, and are surprisingly only 4 games out of first place, here in mid June. I certainly did not expect this, and I doubt many did. But, we still don't know just how good this team is, I am sure they are worse than some and better than others. But, they are hovering around .500, in a weaker division, and it is kind of interesting.

Maybe, just maybe, it is time to stop moving people, let this team gel, and just see what they can do the remainder of the season. Just stand pat and let 'em eat.

Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. But, this year is not in the toilet, and we've stocked some people, and at this moment the future is now. Maybe they'll tank (but, I don't think so), and maybe they might just surprise a lot of folks.

I say we stand still, stand back, and see what plays out the remainder of 2009. This talk of "competing in 2012" is fine, but you know, none of us may even be on this earth then.

Let's let 'em play and see what happens.

Post subject: Re: The trade is over....
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:39 pm 

Steve1118 wrote:
.....I didn't like it, I still don't, but its done and over with and it is time to move on.

I am getting a bit tired of all the complaining and whining on this board.....trade this guy....move this guy....fire this guy.....sign this high school kid....and on and on and on.

As I sit here today, the bucs are certainly improved, and are surprisingly only 4 games out of first place, here in mid June. I certainly did not expect this, and I doubt many did. But, we still don't know just how good this team is, I am sure they are worse than some and better than others. But, they are hovering around .500, in a weaker division, and it is kind of interesting.

Maybe, just maybe, it is time to stop moving people, let this team gel, and just see what they can do the remainder of the season. Just stand pat and let 'em eat.

Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. But, this year is not in the toilet, and we've stocked some people, and at this moment the future is now. Maybe they'll tank (but, I don't think so), and maybe they might just surprise a lot of folks.

I say we stand still, stand back, and see what plays out the remainder of 2009. This talk of "competing in 2012" is fine, but you know, none of us may even be on this earth then.

Let's let 'em play and see what happens.

Trade?? Did the Bucs make a trade??