Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reading today's PPG
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:29 pm 

Made me wonder . . . if, as reported, the PR Director for the Penguins texted the PR Director for the Pirates and asked about the possibility of the Penguins showing off the Stanley Cup at PNC Park and introducing all of champion Penguins at PNC Park . . . does that make the Penguins "enablers?"

I mean . . . c'mon . . . there was a walk up of more than 5,700 after the news came out that the Cup would be at PNC. The Penguins initiated the contact with the Pirates . . . aren't they simply lining Nutting's pockets with more money? Aren't they "co-conspirators" with Nutting? Shouldn't the masses in Pittsburgh be furious? How dare the Penguins' organization "enable" Nutting to make more money?! How dare they celebrate with Pirates hats and Pirates jersey and throw out the first pitch?!

Shouldn't "true" Penguins fans and Pirates fans be outraged?

I'm honestly surprised that I haven't ready anything like this . . . . yet.

Post subject: Re: Reading today's PPG
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:34 pm 

A lot of the Pens brought their children, and it was free "Ice Cream Bowl" day at the park, so I think we call it even.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:56 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
Made me wonder . . . if, as reported, the PR Director for the Penguins texted the PR Director for the Pirates and asked about the possibility of the Penguins showing off the Stanley Cup at PNC Park and introducing all of champion Penguins at PNC Park . . . does that make the Penguins "enablers?"

I mean . . . c'mon . . . there was a walk up of more than 5,700 after the news came out that the Cup would be at PNC. The Penguins initiated the contact with the Pirates . . . aren't they simply lining Nutting's pockets with more money? Aren't they "co-conspirators" with Nutting? Shouldn't the masses in Pittsburgh be furious? How dare the Penguins' organization "enable" Nutting to make more money?! How dare they celebrate with Pirates hats and Pirates jersey and throw out the first pitch?!

Shouldn't "true" Penguins fans and Pirates fans be outraged?

I'm honestly surprised that I haven't ready anything like this . . . . yet.

Geez....Ridiculous!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:08 pm 

But Silver, free "ice" cream for the kids of hockey players is only fitting. So, yes, the Pens are serious enablers.

I recall seeing Ben at a Pirates game last year as well. Freaking N-Abler.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:11 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
But Silver, free "ice" cream for the kids of hockey players is only fitting. So, yes, the Pens are serious enablers.

I recall seeing Ben at a Pirates game last year as well. Freaking N-Abler.

Hey, I saw Jeff Reed at the Pirate Opener...but I think he went for the beer! Towell Dispensers beware!

But seriously, there are those here who probably agree with every word of the initial post...they complain and whine, and say all is bad with the Bucs...yet they still consider themselves fans. My question to all of them, is why? Why if something is so bad, do you keep watching, keep reading about, keep spending money on??