Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Today's game 6/11/09
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:36 pm 

Andy LaRoche-----"You're The Best"

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:36 pm 

Young gets a hit/ first and third

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:38 pm 

BostonBuc wrote:
curveradio wrote:
BINGO!!!!

Great job. Andy continues to go well. Adam taking 2nd helped as well. :)

I agree. Good, aggressive base-running. Did they even attempt a throw on his steal? I'm guessing not with Cutch dancing up the 3rd base line....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:38 pm 

Last of the ninth 3-1 Pirates. This is a good deal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:39 pm 

No throw and no stolen base in book

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:44 pm 

Two outs/ Adam L dives and throws to Capps for 2nd out.

One more baby.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:48 pm 

Two strike --full count

Yes K

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:48 pm 

Hell ya!
Bring on the Tigers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:49 pm 

Real nice win-- shame Paul Maholm doesn't get the w.

Put It In The W Column...

Yea! Bucs win.

I will watch my recording later tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:50 pm 

Good pitching....nice victory

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:54 pm 

Nice win here ... beautiful outing by Maholm (and Vasquez ... best pitching duel Ive seen in a while, even better than Duke-Santanna) and I was worried the 'pen would blow it. However, the 'pen has played well lately and it's nice to see them bounce back and salvage the series with a couple of close victories after losing two one-run games.

GREAT AB by Andy on the game-winning RBI in the 9th ... went down 0-2 on a pitcher who has been great and battled back to an 8-pitch AB and an incredible stretching hit to find the hole.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:37 pm 

Strike outs left and right. The 3 players on the Pirates that i would have picked to have struck out didn't today. Those players are both LaRoche's and Maholm, everybody else struck out atleast once. That's what we need to see more of when are bats don't come alive. Also nice to see the homerless drought end. Do you think we have found a new full time starting right fielder in Delwyn Young.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:27 pm 

Huge, huge, HUGE start by Maholm. Pen had to throw 9 innings on Tuesday, 8 innings yesterday. If Maholm wobbles and goes only 4 innings, the Pirates' pen is done for the next series.

7 huge innings. Big time start when the team needed it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:01 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Strike outs left and right. The 3 players on the Pirates that i would have picked to have struck out didn't today. Those players are both LaRoche's and Maholm, everybody else struck out atleast once. That's what we need to see more of when are bats don't come alive. Also nice to see the homerless drought end. Do you think we have found a new full time starting right fielder in Delwyn Young.

Well i am sure SMJohnnie will have Moss in his familliar rf ,7th spot in the lineup for friday's game.
I am sure he read somewhere that Moss's avg is over 200. in the first game of a home stand.
Moss is not a major league ready out fielder.
You can talk about his upside all you want. IMO, what you are seeing from this guy right now, is what you can expect.
The only thing he excels at is grounding out to the first baseman, if he doesn't take a swinging strike 3.
Disable him, waive him , whatever it takes. Cut the losses with this guy and give someone else a shot, he had his, and he has failed .
I would like to see this guy Garret Jones a shot.
but hey, Moss is 25 , Jones is 28.
In the Russell school of managing give the playing time to the younger guy with upside, even though he belongs in the minors, not in the majors.
Jones has struck out 31 x's in 210 ab
That is the kind of stick we need, a guy who can put the bat on the ball and DRIVE it somewhere, besides the first baseman's glove.
I have seen enough of this guy, he just doesn't have the makings of a pro ball player. Don't know why the suits are having a hard time with this assessment.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:53 am 

palushock wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

Well i am sure SMJohnnie will have Moss in his familliar rf ,7th spot in the lineup for friday's game.
I am sure he read somewhere that Moss's avg is over 200. in the first game of a home stand.
You can talk about his upside all you want. IMO, what you are seeing from this guy right now, is what you can expect.
The only thing he excels at is grounding out to the first baseman, if he doesn't take a swinging strike 3.
Disable him, waive him , whatever it takes. Cut the losses with this guy and give someone else a shot, he had his, and he has failed .
In the Russell school of managing give the playing time to the younger guy with upside, even though he belongs in the minors, not in the majors.
That is the kind of stick we need, a guy who can put the bat on the ball and DRIVE it somewhere, besides the first baseman's glove.
I have seen enough of this guy, he just doesn't have the makings of a pro ball player. Don't know why the suits are having a hard time with this assessment.

Moss had a solid May, but even putting that aside, you don't throw in the towel on a guy with his ceiling after fewer than 500 major league PAs. He turns 26 in September, and if he continues to struggle through that time, you see what he does next spring, and then you think about waiving him if he is still not producing. It's not like the Pirates are blowing a chance at the wild card by running him out there.

Also, Garret Jones has a career .311 OBP in 11 minor league seasons. He strikes out a lot and doesn't walk enough. If ever there was a career minor leaguer, it's him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:47 am 

palushock wrote:
[ The only thing he excels at is grounding out to the first baseman, if he doesn't take a swinging strike 3.

How does that look in the scorebook? Regular K? Backwards K? Or perhaps both?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:05 am 

A swingin' STRIKE 3 :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:53 am 

palushock wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

I don't think you throw the towl in on him for his career yet. I do howeveer think he needs to sit on the bench of awhile.I don't even think we have seen him play as good as he did when he first got here at the end of last season.