Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:40 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:37 am
Posts: 8
The Bucs have not hit a home run in the last seven games. Does anyone know the record for post deadball era futility for consecutive games with a team hitting no home runs?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:23 pm
Posts: 58
Location: Central NY
427


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
CNYBucs wrote:
427


Holy sh!t. Is that really the number. My little league team did better than that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:26 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Colin21 wrote:
CNYBucs wrote:
427


Holy sh!t. Is that really the number. My little league team did better than that.



NO, I think he made it up. That would be almost 3 full seasons without a HR.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
I'm sure the record is a lot more than seven, but I think the Bucs could quite possibly keep this going a while. I predict that when they end up hitting one, it would probably be a pinch hit by a guy like Hinske ...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:35 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
TheShark wrote:
I'm sure the record is a lot more than seven, but I think the Bucs could quite possibly keep this going a while. I predict that when they end up hitting one, it would probably be a pinch hit by a guy like Hinske ...



I am thinking Inside-The-Park by Cutch!

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
The curse is broken ... Delwyn Young with a solo shot in the 5th against Atlanta.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:43 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2617
This is a long term concern of mine for this team. Where will the power come from in 2009? Andy, Moss and McCutchen are real question marks power-wise. Wehner was projecting Moss as the most powerful at about 25 HRs potentially. I picked June as his breakout month, but he's looking more like a candidate for an Indy wakeup call.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
doug frobel wrote:
Andy, Moss and McCutchen are real question marks power-wise.


I would say every single player on the team is a real question mark power-wise with McLouth now gone. No one has been, is, or looks to be hitting HRs on this team.

If Adam is still here for the second half of the year (which I don't think he will), he will end up slugging some, but other than that, I don't see much hope at all.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:04 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
In four minor league seasons, Andy hit 23, 30, 19, and 18

Moss hit 15, 16, 12, and 16

DYoung hit 10, 15, 22, 20, 18, and 17.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:35 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2617
A lot of people are advocating moving Doumit to first, but I don't think that even if he is healthy he is much more than a 20 homer guy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:44 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
doug frobel wrote:
A lot of people are advocating moving Doumit to first, but I don't think that even if he is healthy he is much more than a 20 homer guy.



His bat would be mediocre at 1b, it's a plus at catcher...if he can just stay healthy. He may actually be a guy you can move, if you are happy with JJ and Diaz. If he comes back and shows some power, there may be some interest in him.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:33 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Young Delwyn erases this.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Animal wrote:
doug frobel wrote:
A lot of people are advocating moving Doumit to first, but I don't think that even if he is healthy he is much more than a 20 homer guy.



His bat would be mediocre at 1b, it's a plus at catcher...if he can just stay healthy. He may actually be a guy you can move, if you are happy with JJ and Diaz. If he comes back and shows some power, there may be some interest in him.


I have been big on moving Doumit to first because i think he would be able to stay away from injury alittle better there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:18 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2617
As long as Ryan Doumit has to swing a bat and run bases, he will be a huge injury risk. Pulling a hamstring or breaking a wrist...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7311
Doumit at first is less valuable than Doumit at catcher, but I'll take a .300 average, and 20 HR potential at 1st knowing its keeping two good bats on the roster in Diaz and Jaramillo...Doumit would be an average to slightly above average.

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1334
nad69dan wrote:
Doumit at first is less valuable than Doumit at catcher, but I'll take a .300 average, and 20 HR potential at 1st knowing its keeping two good bats on the roster in Diaz and Jaramillo...Doumit would be an average to slightly above average.

Jaramillo's OPS of .750 is above his lifetime number of .727 over 5 seasons in the minors. In fact, the only time he had a higher OPS in the minors was A ball (.805). He's been a nice surprise. I hope he continues to hit at this pace but there is scant evidence to suggest that he will.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7 Games, Zero Home Runs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
doug frobel wrote:
As long as Ryan Doumit has to swing a bat and run bases, he will be a huge injury risk. Pulling a hamstring or breaking a wrist...


That is a worry, and i think that is why he wouldn't bring any trade value. I think he is one we are better off keeping because we wont get value for him.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits