Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:46 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2169
I think we all know the phenom Bryce Harper by now. My question: Is he eligible for the 2010 draft or 2011 draft? I heard that somehow he can enter into the 2010 draft as a 17 year old.


Maybe this is what the Pirates are trying to do tank the rest of the year come in dead last then draft the savior of the organization Bryce Harper!

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:34 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6024
If he gets his GED this summer and enrolls and plays at a JUCO, he will be eligible for the 2010 draft.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1314
Ryann wrote:
Maybe this is what the Pirates are trying to do tank the rest of the year come in dead last then draft the savior of the organization Bryce Harper!

If this is their strategy, they had better try harder. They'll never "beat" the Nats at this pace.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:39 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2169
Don't worry I know the Pirates can win the race to last place. We need to hit a big losing streak, but it will be a waste if he doesnt enter JUCO this season.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Bowie, Md
1 LAD 40 20 0.667
2 PHI 33 23 0.589
3 BOS 34 24 0.586
4 NYA 34 24 0.586
5 TEX 33 25 0.569
6 MIL 33 25 0.569
7 TOR 34 27 0.557
8 NYM 31 25 0.554
9 DET 32 26 0.552
10 CHC 29 26 0.527
11 CIN 30 27 0.526
12 SF 30 27 0.526
13 STL 31 28 0.525
14 LAA 29 27 0.518
15 ATL 29 28 0.509
16 TB 29 31 0.483
17 MIN 29 31 0.483
18 SEA 28 30 0.483
19 FLA 29 31 0.483
20 SD 27 31 0.466
21 CHW 27 32 0.458
22 OAK 26 31 0.456
23 PIT 26 32 0.448
24 COL 26 32 0.448
25 HOU 25 31 0.446
26 CLE 26 34 0.433
27 BAL 25 33 0.431
28 ARZ 25 34 0.424
29 KC 24 33 0.421
30 WAS 15 41 0.268

Pittsburgh is far from embarassing themselves at this stage of the season.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:49 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2169
After trading McLouth? Then if we trade sanchez and Laroche we could maybe come in last then get bryce.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Bowie, Md
Ryann wrote:
After trading McLouth? Then if we trade sanchez and Laroche we could maybe come in last then get bryce.


If we trade LaRoche, we may actually get a bump in production from 1B... :shock:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:16 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2169
Piratefan13 wrote:
Ryann wrote:
After trading McLouth? Then if we trade sanchez and Laroche we could maybe come in last then get bryce.


If we trade LaRoche, we may actually get a bump in production from 1B... :shock:


Depends who replaces him If it's someone like Moss no way.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Ryann wrote:
Piratefan13 wrote:
Ryann wrote:
After trading McLouth? Then if we trade sanchez and Laroche we could maybe come in last then get bryce.


If we trade LaRoche, we may actually get a bump in production from 1B... :shock:


Depends who replaces him If it's someone like Moss no way.


At this point and how Adam has looked i think i fan might do better. Who would we even put at first to give LaRoche a night off?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 429
Location: Rural Ridge, PA
The Pirate Parrot, Eric Hinske, or Little Billy (the kid in the wheelchair) in section 141.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:57 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Wheeling, WV
That is crude and inappropriate.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1314
Are you guys talking about Adam LaRoche? The Pirate's first baseman? The one who went 1 for 3 with 2 walks and knocked in 2 of the teams 3 runs last night? The one who has a .911 OPS and 6 RBI over the last 9 games? Just curious because it sounded to me like you were talking about a different Adam LaRoche than the one that I've seen showing up on the score card of late.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 pm 
Online
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 3929
Location: Zelienople, PA
We are approaching the magical June 15th date that will turn on the Adam LaRoche switch...

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
burghermeister wrote:
Are you guys talking about Adam LaRoche? The Pirate's first baseman? The one who went 1 for 3 with 2 walks and knocked in 2 of the teams 3 runs last night? The one who has a .911 OPS and 6 RBI over the last 9 games? Just curious because it sounded to me like you were talking about a different Adam LaRoche than the one that I've seen showing up on the score card of late.


I know the stats have looked good for him as of late, but it seems to be in games we win. When we need him to step up it seems he strikes out. I just get tired of his swing and watching him walk back to the dugout. I also missed last nights games, so i was speaking before i looked at the stats from that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1314
Colin21 wrote:
I know the stats have looked good for him as of late, but it seems to be in games we win.

I've heard this said before and I don't get it. Do you suppose that we would win as many of those games if he didn't perform well in them?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
burghermeister wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
I know the stats have looked good for him as of late, but it seems to be in games we win.

I've heard this said before and I don't get it. Do you suppose that we would win as many of those games if he didn't perform well in them?

Seems like a truism to me: he's helpful when we win, but not when we lose. Hmmmmm.....

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Question on 2010 Draft.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Willton wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
I know the stats have looked good for him as of late, but it seems to be in games we win.

I've heard this said before and I don't get it. Do you suppose that we would win as many of those games if he didn't perform well in them?

Seems like a truism to me: he's helpful when we win, but not when we lose. Hmmmmm.....


Haha that did sound dumb, but what i meant is he never gets a rally going or helps one out. He always performs well when we have the game locked up or are in the lead.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], fred_1_15301, Google [Bot], J_C_Steel, Ralphie, ZelieMike and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits