Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No-No so far for Daniel McCutchen!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:34 pm 

Five no hit innings against Buffalo. Four Ks, one walk, 51 pitches so far. Things are looking up for the pitching staff.

Post subject: Re: No-No so far for Daniel McCutchen!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:49 pm 

If there is a AAA team that can't hit it is the Bisons.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:06 pm 

Looks like Dan McCutchen gave up a HR in the bottom of the 7th. Indy 9 Bisons 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:23 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
If there is a AAA team that can't hit it is the Bisons.

Even so, good outing for Cutch2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:33 pm 

No HR- three measly singles and a walk accounte for the 2 runs. He pitched 7 innings total. i agree, AZ- the lineup didn't look too potent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:05 pm 

Cutch 2 pitched a good game. He is plagued by HR's at Indy, which is no bandbox, but in his road starts, he has given up just 2 in 34 innings.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:27 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Cutch 2 pitched a good game. He is plagued by HR's at Indy, which is no bandbox, but in his road starts, he has given up just 2 in 34 innings.

Speaking of minor league pitchers acquired in controversial transactions, guess who has an ERA of 2.61 over his past 7 starts in AA?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:40 pm 

burghermeister wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

Speaking of minor league pitchers acquired in controversial transactions, guess who has an ERA of 2.61 over his past 7 starts in AA?

Blasphemy. I'm guessing He Who Shall Not Be Named!

The funny thing is most people would say that picking Moskos over Weiters was far more egregious than picking Sanchez over Crow or Matzek. But, if my memory is correct, Moskos was pretty much considered a top 10 prospect . . .

I'm hoping for his success not only for the Pirates but for him as well. He seems to be universally hated even though it is not his fault that he was drafted by the Pirates in that slot. I find it ridiculous. Same thing for the morons that booed Andrew McCutchen during his first game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:43 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

The funny thing is most people would say that picking Moskos over Weiters was far more egregious than picking Sanchez over Crow or Matzek. But, if my memory is correct, Moskos was pretty much considered a top 10 prospect . . .

I'm hoping for his success not only for the Pirates but for him as well. He seems to be universally hated even though it is not his fault that he was drafted by the Pirates in that slot. I find it ridiculous. Same thing for the morons that booed Andrew McCutchen during his first game.

I agree, No. 9. I feel bad for the kid. It's nice to see him coming around. I'm rooting for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:46 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

Moskos himself deserves no vitriol from Pirates fans, although the comparisons to Wieters will never stop. Littlefield, however, deserves all the criticism in the world for picking Moskos over Wieters. If Moskos ends up as a lights-out pitcher in the majors, that's great, but that does not change the prudence of the pick in 2007.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:47 pm 

Willton wrote:
Moskos himself deserves no vitriol from Pirates fans, although the comparisons to Wieters will never stop. Littlefield, however, deserves all the criticism in the world for picking Moskos over Wieters. If Moskos ends up as a lights-out pitcher in the majors, that's great, but that does not change the prudence of the pick in 2007.

Couldn't agree more.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:13 pm 

Of course it isn't Moskos's fault. But as I remember it he was a relief pitcher, not even a starter, picked ahead of Weiters. I hope he does well but I'll not forget DL for that lousy draft. He wasn't the top pitcher that year, in fact he was not second either.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:18 pm 

Moskos was a terrible pick. But Sanchez appears to be a pretty bad one to, but not NEARLY as bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:37 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Moskos was a terrible pick. But Sanchez appears to be a pretty bad one to, but not NEARLY as bad.

How do you know Sanchez is a bad pick? The draft is not all about the 1st pick, its about the entire draft...

Do you think that Chris Duncan is better than Albert Pujols?

Guess which one was taken in the 1st round and the other in the 13th? Which one was from a Junior College?

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:51 pm 

Your a joke Pujols and Duncan have NO RELEVANCE TO THIS DISCUSSION. I am speaking of the passing of better talent to get a cheaper less talented player with the 4th overall pick.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:03 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Your a joke Pujols and Duncan have NO RELEVANCE TO THIS DISCUSSION. I am speaking of the passing of better talent to get a cheaper less talented player with the 4th overall pick.

Both players were drafted in 1999 by the Cardinals Duncan in the 1st round, Pujols in the 13th...

Which is the better talent?

Its an example...Laugh on that

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:16 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
Ryann wrote:

Both players were drafted in 1999 by the Cardinals Duncan in the 1st round, Pujols in the 13th...

Which is the better talent?

Its an example...Laugh on that

. I am speaking of the passing of better talent to get a cheaper less talented player with the 4th overall pick.

What you say has no relevance to anything. Im arguing the Pirates should have drafted the best player available.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:10 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

I don't think so, No. 9. I seem to remember reading that Moskos was the 7th best left handed pitcher available when he was chosen.