Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 5/25/08 Cubs Vs Pirates
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:49 pm 

tennis08tarheels wrote:
Marte is nassssty. Even more so than usual.

Bucs in (whatever inning Nate bats in).

IF they don't walk him to bring up Bay, which karma would also be on our side considering how Bay has been lately and what he did in extras last night.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:51 pm 

tennis08tarheels wrote:
(whatever inning Nate bats in).

They're not gonna let him.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:53 pm 

Bay is SUCH a choker.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:53 pm 

MR. CLUTCH! Jason Bay comes through again!!

Pirates win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:56 pm 

sisyphus wrote:
Bay is SUCH a choker.

How many times are you going to run that into the ground? We get it, Jesus!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:07 pm 

TheShark wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Bay is SUCH a choker.

How many times are you going to run that into the ground? We get it, Jesus!

Hey, don't knock it, he's been on fire since I started doing it. I'm afraid to stop now. In fact, I'm considering starting up the same sort of thing for Freddy Sanchez to help him get out of his funk. And if that works, let the rotation beware! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:07 pm 

Sometimes you get breaks, and you gotta capitalize on 'em. Today the Pirates got two big ones at the very beginning and end of the game via the Rivas HR and Soriano's drop to tie it in the 9th. Marte came in and pitched great (he's now 4-0), thanks to a Gomez lead-off single (again let me stress how great this guy's been off the bench), Bay wins it in extras for a second straight night. He is on fire right now and McLouth and Nady are staying hot as well. Pirates win a series against the Cubs. Wow, never thought I'd be saying that anytime soon.

P.S. I just LOVE hearing the WGN announcers when the Cubs lose. :lol:

Last edited by TheShark on Sun May 25, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:12 pm 

TheShark wrote:
Sometimes you get breaks, and you gotta capitalize on 'em. Today the Pirates got two big ones at the very beginning and end of the game via the Rivas HR and Soriano's drop to tie it in the 9th. Marte came in and pitched great (he's now 4-0), thanks to a Gomez lead-off single (again let me stress how great this guy's been off the bench), Bay wins it in extras for a second straight night. He is on fire right now and McLouth and Nady are staying hot as well. Pirates win a series against the Cubs. Wow, never thought I'd be saying that anytime soon.

By the way, I got home a little late and missed the beginning of the game. What was it about the first Rivas HR that was controversial? I haven't even seen a replay.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:18 pm 

sisyphus wrote:
By the way, I got home a little late and missed the beginning of the game. What was it about the first Rivas HR that was controversial? I haven't even seen a replay.

The ball hit directly off of the top of the outfield wall, bounced up in the air and landed right behind Sorinao, never going out of the park. No one including the announcers could tell what happened because the ball was so high and it got lost when it started heading toward the crowd. Took a couple of instant replays to figure out what actually happened.

Also - didn't meant to be rude on the Bay joke comment. Hey, if it's a karma thing, by all means it's working so keep it up. I just thought if it was purely for the joke's purpose, you didn't need to repeat it every time he got a hit (and of course he had a LOT this series).

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:25 pm 

TheShark wrote:
sisyphus wrote:

The ball hit directly off of the top of the outfield wall, bounced up in the air and landed right behind Sorinao, never going out of the park. No one including the announcers could tell what happened because the ball was so high and it got lost when it started heading toward the crowd. Took a couple of instant replays to figure out what actually happened.

Also - didn't meant to be rude on the Bay joke comment. Hey, if it's a karma thing, by all means it's working so keep it up. I just thought if it was purely for the joke's purpose, you didn't need to repeat it every time he got a hit (and of course he had a LOT this series).

No problem. Thin skin is not a weakness of mine. I wouldn't dish out criticism if I couldn't take it in return.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:28 pm 

Two days ago I was so upset. Now I'm excited about the coming series with the Reds. I always listen to the games on WLW Cincinnati. It's kinda strange that we're not playing on Memorial Day though.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:13 am 

Ollie wrote:
Two days ago I was so upset. Now I'm excited about the coming series with the Reds. I always listen to the games on WLW Cincinnati. It's kinda strange that we're not playing on Memorial Day though.

And the Reds have the day off as well. A shame too because they just played a 18-inning game with San Diego (and lost). I will be attending the games both Tuesday and Wednesday at GABP.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:46 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
Boy, I think they need to sit Freddy for a few games. 2/13 this series.
I hope it's his shoulder, but he swings at too many really bad pitches. Many he just needs the rest.

Whatever the reason, he's hurting the team now.

So true.

Jack's return, coupled with Gomez and Rivas recent offensive success, allows Freddy to have a break then come back as the .300 lifetime hitter he is and produce from the two/three hole. By then Nate will be back down to earth and should serve as a NL premier lead-off hitter for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:50 pm 

RDV across the sea wrote:
Substitute2 wrote:
Boy, I think they need to sit Freddy for a few games. 2/13 this series.
I hope it's his shoulder, but he swings at too many really bad pitches. Many he just needs the rest.

Whatever the reason, he's hurting the team now.

So true.

Jack's return, coupled with Gomez and Rivas recent offensive success, allows Freddy to have a break then come back as the .300 lifetime hitter he is and produce from the two/three hole. By then Nate will be back down to earth and should serve as a NL premier lead-off hitter for the rest of the season.

Why change it up now?

Give Freddy some more rest, but when he's in the lineup keep him at leadoff and Nate at #2...They've been doing pretty well there

Let Jack slide into the 6 spot between, and when Doumit is back let him go to the 7th or 8th spot...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...