Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:39 pm 

Chris Anderson wrote:
Ryann wrote:
So you compare morris to all those guys you sir are a dumb ass.
Face it your favorite team traded their best player who was a star for a mediocre 3rd basemen, mediocre outfielder, terrible reliver, and a pitcher coming off major arm surgery.

:ugeek: LETS GO BUCS :ugeek:

Dude...seriously. Aren't you the same dimwit that just last week said you were sick of fighting and sick of the personal attacks. Now it's "Wilton yur a dumass" and "U sir are a dumass" (spelling intentionally screwed up to more closely resemble Ryann). It's tough enough following this team right now, but having to read drivel like this makes it worse. Go back to school, learn to spell and use proper grammar, get some manners and then come back and add something.

He will be moving up to 9th grade this year at the end of August. Hopefully high school can teach him how to win an arguement without personal attacks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:43 pm 

No your wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:54 pm 

Ryann wrote:
No your wrong.

Obviously...a kid that is going into the 9th grade would be able to know the difference between "your" and "you're".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:58 pm 

Chris Anderson wrote:
Ryann wrote:
No your wrong.

Obviously...a kid that is going into the 9th grade would be able to know the difference between "your" and "you're".

ZING!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:02 pm 

Obviously a real fan would know that the current ownership doesnt care about winning after 17 consecutive losing seasons.

:lol: ZING! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:05 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Obviously a real fan would know that the current ownership doesnt care about winning after 17 consecutive losing seasons.

Really...kid...take the twenty bucks I left on your mom's nightstand last night and buy a 3rd grade english and grammar book. Please! I'm begging you!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:08 pm 

Chris Anderson wrote:
Ryann wrote:

Really...kid...take the twenty bucks I left on your mom's nightstand last night and buy a 3rd grade english and grammar book. Please! I'm begging you!

Now now there is NO NEED for insults. I am a man of peace. Please! I'm begging you!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:48 pm 

I will say with Ryann, i'm guessing you are about 18? am i right?
Well i'm 21 and i do see alot of difference between the generations. You have never seen a winning team in Pittsburgh and i only can remember 2 years of winning teams. Alot of the poster on this board are older and wiser than me and you. That is why i like this board better than the CIA board. Alot of them over there are around my age but they seem to don't know their stuff, they just complain.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:22 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Keep standing up for those apoligists who are happy with bobbleheads and fireworks.

Ryann - you are just plain wrong about Bryan Morris. He is the player the Dodgers originally refused to deal on their end to acquire a future Hall of Fame hitter in Manny Ramirez.

The Red Sox spent most of the last two days talking with the Marlins and Pirates. The Dodgers offered infielder Andy LaRoche and included minor league pitcher Bryan Morris after initially balking.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... rade_N.htm

The scouting report for Morris out of junior college described his 93 mph fastball as above average and his curve as a "big league" pitch.

Morris was taken last year out of high school by Tampa Bay and thought he agreed to a $1 million signing bonus, but the deal fell through when the Devil Rays underwent a management change. He then went to junior college, where he played for his father, the head coach.

He demonstrated a 93-mph fastball, along with a big-league curveball, and also played an aggressive center field when he wasn't pitching. He broke a bone in his non-pitching wrist with a headfirst slide.

"He reminds me of John Smoltz," said White. "He has an above-average fastball that sinks and runs and an outstanding curveball."

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/ ... sp&c_id=la

After his surgery in 2007, he rehabbed and last year was throwing 94 mph with a new two-seam fastball he developed to throw to left-handers. He also is working on his change, and still has a plus curveball. Additionally, following his arm surgery, he was inducing a ton of ground balls in the minors, and was charted at 1.93 grounders for every fly ball.

The credit for the idea belongs to Darwin, a power pitcher himself, who believed that Morris should utilize his velocity and natural movement to garner more ground balls. While a typical power pitcher generates a lot of fly balls, Morris has groundball numbers -- a 1.93 groundout-to-flyout ratio. It's a number he has stayed consistent with for the season's entirety, but now armed with better location and two new pitches, it's a number he thinks will only go up as his ERA goes down.

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/ ... sp&c_id=la

John Sickels of Baseball America noted that in the summer following his TJ surgery, he was regularly throwing 93-94 mph and topped out at 96 mph, along with one of the best curve balls in the 2006 draft.

But the track record of pitchers coming back from Tommy John surgery is so good that it doesn't bother me much when I'm evaluating prospects. It's nowhere near as career-threatening as, say a torn labrum. Having his elbow reconstructed will delay Morris' ETA in Los Angeles by a year or so, but there's no reason he can't regain the stuff that made him a first-round pick in June. He pitched at 93-94 mph and topped out at 96 with his fastball this summer, and he had one of the very best curveballs in the 2006 draft.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/askba/262707.html

In short, he has the tools to be a top-end starting pitcher in the major leagues. Your criticism of the acquisition is based on the clearly incorrect view that Morris is not a top-end talent.

I provided information showing that you are wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:09 am 

The scouting report for Morris out of junior college described his 93 mph fastball as above average and his curve as a "big league" pitch.

The first part of your information has no credibility since it is a scouting report out of junior college.
You have another part of information from baseball america 3 years ago.
The most recent source you brought up is from a year ago. And that cannot be held credible because it is from the dodger website very biased and like the pirates website likes to talk very high of their players. Another thing is if anything he has regressed since last year which is a bad sign in a young pitcher.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:49 am 

Ryann wrote:
The first part of your information has no credibility since it is a scouting report out of junior college.
You have another part of information from baseball america 3 years ago.

Are you serious?? I included information about Morris before the draft, after the draft and before the surgery when he began his career with the Dodgers, and this past summer, after his surgery.

You really are embarrassing yourself in this discussion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:52 am 

You provided no information from when he was a pirate. And no information from a non biased source. Get a credible source then come to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:58 am 

Ryann wrote:
You provided no information from when he was a pirate.

He has had one start this season. The dearth of information for 2009 may be attributed to that fact.

Ryann wrote:
And no information from a non biased source. Get a credible source then come to me.

John Sickels of Baseball America has no allegiance to or affiliation with the Pirates organization or the Dodgers organization. He is clearly an unbiased source, answering questions about Morris from a reader.

On the other hand, you have no information for anything you say. None. Your only source is Ryann.

So you might want to follow this advice: Better to remain silent and be suspected a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:10 am 

Are you talking about the baseball america source you provided? That article was written 3 years ago before the surgery. Again it is not a credible source. So you can't name call and ask like a genius if you cant even get a credible source. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:16 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Ryann wrote:
You provided no information from when he was a pirate.

He has had one start this season. The dearth of information for 2009 may be attributed to that fact.

Ryann wrote:
And no information from a non biased source. Get a credible source then come to me.

John Sickels of Baseball America has no allegiance to or affiliation with the Pirates organization or the Dodgers organization. He is clearly an unbiased source, answering questions about Morris from a reader.

On the other hand, you have no information for anything you say. None. Your only source is Ryann.

So you might want to follow this advice: Better to remain silent and be suspected a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Why even bother replying to him?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:23 am 

Ryann wrote:
Are you talking about the baseball america source you provided? That article was written 3 years ago before the surgery.

Circus monkeys have more intellect than you.

But the track record of pitchers coming back from Tommy John surgeryis so good that it doesn't bother me much when I'm evaluating prospects. It's nowhere near as career-threatening as, say a torn labrum. Having his elbow reconstructed will delay Morris' ETA in Los Angeles by a year or so, but there's no reason he can't regain the stuff that made him a first-round pick in June. He pitched at 93-94 mph and topped out at 96 with his fastball this summer, and he had one of the very best curveballs in the 2006 draft.

See, John Sickels rendered this note AFTER the surgery, you assclown.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:54 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Ryann wrote:
Are you talking about the baseball america source you provided? That article was written 3 years ago before the surgery.

Circus monkeys have more intellect than you.

But the track record of pitchers coming back from Tommy John surgeryis so good that it doesn't bother me much when I'm evaluating prospects. It's nowhere near as career-threatening as, say a torn labrum. Having his elbow reconstructed will delay Morris' ETA in Los Angeles by a year or so, but there's no reason he can't regain the stuff that made him a first-round pick in June. He pitched at 93-94 mph and topped out at 96 with his fastball this summer, and he had one of the very best curveballs in the 2006 draft.

See, John Sickels rendered this note AFTER the surgery, you assclown.

Apparently Ryann cannot do basic math either. October 2006 is not only after said surgery, but it is also 2.5 years ago, not 3.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:16 am 

Ryann, dumb poster? Or dumbest poster ever?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:31 am 

Alexandria Dukes wrote:
Ryann, dumb poster? Or dumbest poster ever?

I'll be nice and just say he is a young poster. I know i have learned alot from these guys around here in my year of being here Ryann. Alot of them know what they are talking about and i have had my opinions set in stone on some things and they manage to make me see it differently and change my mind towards it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:33 am 

I have said from day one in this 2009 season, recovering from Tommy John surgery is a two year process. Year one is about making sure you can get through the year without a setback. Year two is when you put up the numbers.

Lincoln has obviously put up some impressive numbers with Altoona. It will be interesting to see if he gets the call to Triple-A.

Unfortunately, Morris has been recovering from a torn ligament in his big toe. I didn't expect him to be a world-beater in his first start and quite frankly, anyone who thought Morris would pitch really well in his first game is crazy. When Morris gets into the swing of things, he will put up solid numbers in High-A ball.

BTW, the scouts that I have talked to (and I get to talk to a number of them with my job) tell me that Morris projects to be a two or three starter in the show. IF Morris and Lincoln pitch to their potential, you got a possible ace in Lincoln (if he gets his change to be a plus pitch to go along with his plus fastball and plus curve) and a two starter in Morris.

THAT's how you build a championship team...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next