Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:52 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 119
Colin21 wrote:
Ryann wrote:
Its a different story. Lincoln has CAME BACK AND PROVEN HE CAN PITCH
MORRIS HASNT
Also we went out of our way to acquire morris after we knew he had arm trouble. While we draft lincoln unknowing of the risk.


The only thing i can comprehend to why we traded for Morris is because he was just a throw in player, and the must have thought he was worth the risk rather than taking a never will be player.

Bryan Morris was most certainly NOT a throw in on the Bay deal. He and LaRoche were the prized jewels of that trade. And the Pirates knew he was recovering from TJ surgery and he would be worth the wait. Unfortunately there have been other physical setbacks, but I guess they Pirates should have predicted that,right Ryan?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:53 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
They should have got their head out of their asses and seen what they were giving up to get. As rod serling said...we give gold for crap.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:00 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 119
Ryann wrote:
They should have got their head out of their asses and seen what they were giving up to get. As rod serling said...we give gold for crap.

You're right, pitchers taken in the mid 20's of the first round usually suck. Do you want to tell that to:

Chad Billingsly
Matt Cain
Joe Blanton
Jeremy Bonderman
Noah Lowry
Adam Wainwright
C.C. Sabathia

Or should I?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:01 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Your argument is totally foolish it has no basis. Morris has went through MAJOR ARM SURGERY. There was one player taken overall #1 one year pitcher name bryan bullington he turned out good :lol:

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:02 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 119
Ryann wrote:
Your argument is totally foolish it has no basis. Morris has went through MAJOR ARM SURGERY. There was one player taken overall #1 one year pitcher name bryan bullington he turned out good :lol:

First of all, nice grammar. I know summer just started but it's no reason to allow your writing to regress.

Secondly, IT'S THE SAME ARM SURGERY BRAD LINCOLN HAD.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:03 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
We traded to get a guy with arm troubles that is what i am saying you retard! Just swallow what managment tells you.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:06 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 119
Ryann wrote:
We traded to get a guy with arm troubles that is what i am saying you retard! Just swallow what managment tells you.

I'm not arguing that they traded for a guy with arm problems. Did you miss the part where I mentioned it was the same surgery Brad Lincoln had? The same Brad Lincoln you just admitted is the Pirates best pitching prospect?

And did you also miss the list of other pitchers who recently had the exact same procedure?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Alexandria Dukes wrote:
Ryann wrote:
We traded to get a guy with arm troubles that is what i am saying you retard! Just swallow what managment tells you.

I'm not arguing that they traded for a guy with arm problems. Did you miss the part where I mentioned it was the same surgery Brad Lincoln had? The same Brad Lincoln you just admitted is the Pirates best pitching prospect?

And did you also miss the list of other pitchers who recently had the exact same procedure?


Here is that list again

Chad Billingsly :D
Matt Cain :D
Joe Blanton :(
Jeremy Bonderman :(
Noah Lowry :(
Adam Wainwright :)
C.C. Sabathia :D

The difference in the smileys represent their seasons so far this season. Most of the ones with frownies are on the DL though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:15 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 119
Colin21 wrote:
Alexandria Dukes wrote:
Ryann wrote:
We traded to get a guy with arm troubles that is what i am saying you retard! Just swallow what managment tells you.

I'm not arguing that they traded for a guy with arm problems. Did you miss the part where I mentioned it was the same surgery Brad Lincoln had? The same Brad Lincoln you just admitted is the Pirates best pitching prospect?

And did you also miss the list of other pitchers who recently had the exact same procedure?


Here is that list again

Chad Billingsly :D
Matt Cain :D
Joe Blanton :(
Jeremy Bonderman :(
Noah Lowry :(
Adam Wainwright :)
C.C. Sabathia :D

The difference in the smileys represent their seasons so far this season. Most of the ones with frownies are on the DL though


No, that's not the list of pitchers who have had TJ surgery. That's the list of pitchers taken roughly in the same spot Morris was drafted.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Quote:
No, that's not the list of pitchers who have had TJ surgery. That's the list of pitchers taken roughly in the same spot Morris was drafted.


Oops wrong list. Where is the list of player that had Tommy John surgery?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:20 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 119
Colin21 wrote:
Quote:
No, that's not the list of pitchers who have had TJ surgery. That's the list of pitchers taken roughly in the same spot Morris was drafted.


Oops wrong list. Where is the list of player that had Tommy John surgery?

A.J. Burnett, Chris Carpenter, Ryan Dempster, Mike Gonzalez, Angel Guzman, John Smotlz, Brian Wilson, and Randy Wolf.

And of course, Tommy John.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Alexandria Dukes wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Quote:
No, that's not the list of pitchers who have had TJ surgery. That's the list of pitchers taken roughly in the same spot Morris was drafted.


Oops wrong list. Where is the list of player that had Tommy John surgery?

A.J. Burnett, Chris Carpenter, Ryan Dempster, Mike Gonzalez, Angel Guzman, John Smotlz, Brian Wilson, and Randy Wolf.

And of course, Tommy John.


Okay now i will rate them since returning to the majors.
A.J. Burnett 9
Chris Carpenter 9
Ryan Dempster 7
Mike Gonzalez 8
Angel Guzman 8
John Smoltz 10
Brian Wilson 9
Randy Wolf 7


Things turned out well for all those guys since returning from Tommy John Surgery


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7245
I'm glad I was out of town today and away from a computer...

I made a trip to Ohio for fireworks and bought a Harmony acoustic guitar at a yard sale in Clarion on the way home...Time much better spent

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:04 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
So you compare morris to all those guys you sir are a dumb ass.
Face it your favorite team traded their best player who was a star for a mediocre 3rd basemen, mediocre outfielder, terrible reliver, and a pitcher coming off major arm surgery.

:ugeek: LETS GO BUCS :ugeek:

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7245
Ryann wrote:
So you compare morris to all those guys you sir are a dumb ass.
Face it your favorite team traded their best player who was a star for a mediocre 3rd basemen, mediocre outfielder, terrible reliver, and a pitcher coming off major arm surgery.

:ugeek: LETS GO BUCS :ugeek:


Heres the question...If it bothers you so much, why are they still YOUR favorite team?

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:15 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Because ive been a fan my whole life. I always will like the team. But I do have the right to criticize them.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:26 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
nad69dan wrote:
Ryann wrote:
So you compare morris to all those guys you sir are a dumb ass.
Face it your favorite team traded their best player who was a star for a mediocre 3rd basemen, mediocre outfielder, terrible reliver, and a pitcher coming off major arm surgery.

:ugeek: LETS GO BUCS :ugeek:


Heres the question...If it bothers you so much, why are they still YOUR favorite team?


It bothers him so much, because the Pirates ARE his favorite team.

As opposed to Bob Nutting, who is your favorite owner.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
nad69dan wrote:
I'm glad I was out of town today and away from a computer...

I made a trip to Ohio for fireworks and bought a Harmony acoustic guitar at a yard sale in Clarion on the way home...Time much better spent


Which Fireworks place did you go to in Ohio?
Phantom?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:35 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 746
Ryann wrote:
So you compare morris to all those guys you sir are a dumb ass.
Face it your favorite team traded their best player who was a star for a mediocre 3rd basemen, mediocre outfielder, terrible reliver, and a pitcher coming off major arm surgery.

:ugeek: LETS GO BUCS :ugeek:


Dude...seriously. Aren't you the same dimwit that just last week said you were sick of fighting and sick of the personal attacks. Now it's "Wilton yur a dumass" and "U sir are a dumass" (spelling intentionally screwed up to more closely resemble Ryann). It's tough enough following this team right now, but having to read drivel like this makes it worse. Go back to school, learn to spell and use proper grammar, get some manners and then come back and add something.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:37 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Keep standing up for those apoligists who are happy with bobbleheads and fireworks.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits