Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: B. Morris and B. Lincoln update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:53 pm 

Nice so we got a player coming off serious arm surgery! Havent the pirates learned about arm surgeries yet?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:58 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Nice so we got a player coming off serious arm surgery! Havent the pirates learned about arm surgeries yet?

Yeah i do think the same way as far as that goes. I don't like injury risk players, but they might feel they got him cheap because he had a serious injury, and only time can tell if it was a good or bad move.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:59 pm 

Ryann wrote:

This coming from the guy who criticized the Pirates for not signing Tanner Scheppers, a guy with a history of arm trouble. Where's the consistency, Ryann?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:01 pm 

Tanner is totally different tanner has projected to be a top pick in this years draft. Paying a million bucks to a project is different then trading your star player for a project. Wilton your a dumbass :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:03 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Tanner is totally different tanner has projected to be a top pick in this years draft. Paying a million bucks to a project is different then trading your star player for a project. Wilton your a dumbass :lol:

I only need to say one thing about why there isn't much of a difference between drafting players and trading for them, and that is....

:arrow: Bryan Bullington

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:05 pm 

Bullington is another different case. He was a "good number 3 starter" at best. We passedon BJ Upton to get him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:07 pm 

Hey Ryan, who's the Pirates #1 pitching prospect right now?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:11 pm 

I would say Brad Lincoln again another total exception. We traded our star player of the pirates for a bum cuming off arm surgery a clown and 2 players if they pan out will be mediocre and one will be above average at very best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:12 pm 

Ryann wrote:
I would say Brad Lincoln

You're right, it's Brad Lincoln. Would you trade him?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:14 pm 

Of course not. I never said to trade morris by the way I said the pirates are stupid for trading bay to get him laroche moss and hansen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:15 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Of course not.

Exactly. You don't trade Brad Lincoln. Because a team trading for him would be dumb to acquire a pitcher WHO HAD TOMMY JOHN SURGERY TWO YEARS AGO.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:19 pm 

They are 2 different players i could get into the deep parts but 2 players dont compare because they had tommy john surgery :roll:

People on this board are just plain stupid sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:20 pm 

Ryann wrote:
They are 2 different players i could get into the deep parts but 2 players dont compare because they had tommy john surgery :roll:

I'm sorry Ryan, I only read English.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:22 pm 

Ryann wrote:

They are different, but they are also the same in being that they were both risks. It looks like the Lincoln risk is going to work out, but we don't know yet about the Morris risk.
I also don't like them having the last names Lincoln and Morris, the Pirates haven't had alot of luck with pitchers with those last names.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:26 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
Ryann wrote:

They are different, but they are also the same in being that they were both risks. It looks like the Lincoln risk is going to work out, but we don't know yet about the Morris risk.
I also don't like them having the last names Lincoln and Morris, the Pirates haven't had alot of luck with pitchers with those last names.

I'm not sure I'm following you either.

Bryan Morris - 2006 first round pick

Brad Lincoln - 2006 first round pick.

Bryan Morris - missed the entire 2007 season after undergoing Tommy John Surgery

Brad Linclon - missed the entire 2007 season after undergoing Tommy John Surgery

But my point was to illustrate Ryan's hypocrisy. He rips the Pirates because they acquired Morris and he had arm troubles. But then admits Lincoln is the Pirates best pitching prospect and shouldn't be traded, despite having the same arm troubles.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:31 pm 

Alexandria Dukes wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Ryann wrote:

I'm not sure I'm following you either.

Bryan Morris - 2006 first round pick

Brad Lincoln - 2006 first round pick.

Bryan Morris - missed the entire 2007 season after undergoing Tommy John Surgery

Brad Linclon - missed the entire 2007 season after undergoing Tommy John Surgery

But my point was to illustrate Ryan's hypocrisy. He rips the Pirates because they acquired Morris and he had arm troubles. But then admits Lincoln is the Pirates best pitching prospect and shouldn't be traded, despite having the same arm troubles.

All i was trying to say is that i think Brad Lincoln is a better pitcher than Bryan Morris, and i think he has a better upside.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:37 pm 

Its a different story. Lincoln has CAME BACK AND PROVEN HE CAN PITCH
MORRIS HASNT
Also we went out of our way to acquire morris after we knew he had arm trouble. While we draft lincoln unknowing of the risk.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:41 pm 

Ryann wrote:
MORRIS HASNT
Also we went out of our way to acquire morris after we knew he had arm trouble. While we draft lincoln unknowing of the risk.

The only thing i can comprehend to why we traded for Morris is because he was just a throw in player, and the must have thought he was worth the risk rather than taking a never will be player.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:44 pm 

Ryann wrote:
MORRIS HASNT

Isn't Lincoln proving one can come back from TJ surgery? Just like A.J. Burnett, Chris Carpenter, Ryan Dempster, Mike Gonzalez, Angel Guzman, John Smotlz, Brian Wilson, and Randy Wolf did.

Oh, and of course Tommy John.

But using your logic, the Pirates should have traded Brad Lincoln last year and any team that acquired him would have been dumb. So how much smarter are the Pirates for NOT trading him right now?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:50 pm 

Ryann wrote:

Bryan Morris was a top pick in the draft. He was drafted 26 overall in 2006. Apparently you are the dumbass because you don't do your homework.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next