Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jason Jaramillo
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:29 am 

I think this kid has done a hell of a job behind the plate for the Bucs, and on offense too. This team is only three under .500 and it's June (early June I know) but pretty darn good I think. With Cutch here now.......this 2009 Pirate team is going to be fun to watch until the end of the season. And Adam and Andy LaRoche deserve props for their contributions. I can see Moss also developing into a very good player. With Maholm, and Duke, and Ohlendorf and other pitchers in the system like Brad Lincoln tearing it up at AA......this is the most exciting situation the Pirates have been in in a long time. Not just the Pirates but the entire organization. Thanks NH and FC and yes BN for helping turn this franchise around in the right direction.

Post subject: Re: Jason Jaramillo
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:47 am 

Jaramillo has been on a tear over the last week, he's batting .357(5 for 14), 6 RBI's, 2 runs scored, and his first homerun of the season, but as for the whole month of May he didn't do that well. Diaz actually did better throughout May. We are missing the power bad. Our team leader has 7 homeruns (which i believe is the lowest in baseball), we only have 5 players with more than 1 homerun, and we only have 24 as a team. Also some homerun stats to add would be Craig Monroe is 3rd on our team with 3 in only 70 at bats. The worst stat of all is that Ryan Doumit is 4th on the team with 2 and he has only had 45 at bats this season. Those are some bad numbers and most of them are probably the worst in all of baseball.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:01 am 

Actually, there are some pretty good ball clubs at the bottom of the heap with low HR totals including the Los Angeles Angels, Atlanta Braves, Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Mets, and the San Francisco Giants.

Hopefully Andy and Adam LaRoche will begin heating it up along with Moss so the Bucs will have more thump in their lineup. I think Cutch will develop too. Getting Doumit back can only help......I think!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:41 am 

bassoondirector wrote:
Actually, there are some pretty good ball clubs at the bottom of the heap with low HR totals including the Los Angeles Angels, Atlanta Braves, Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Mets, and the San Francisco Giants.

Hopefully Andy and Adam LaRoche will begin heating it up along with Moss so the Bucs will have more thump in their lineup. I think Cutch will develop too. Getting Doumit back can only help......I think!

Time for more stats. The Angels leader has 12, they have 3 players higher than our leader, and they have a total of 42.
Now the Braves are hard to sort out because they didn't have a higher leader than Adam LaRoche, but now with McLouth they do, he has 9, and they have 47 as a team.
The Dodgers have 2 players with 9 so that is about LaRoche's 7, and they have 40 as a team.
The Mets are the only team with as low of a leader as us, Beltran has 7, as a team they have 34 as a team.
The Giants leader has 8 which is only 1 more than LaRoche, and they have 28 as a team.
So the Pirates are tied for last with their leader in homeruns( Adam LaRoche) having only 7 and they are in last place by 4 homeruns as a team with 24, but also we don't have nearly as good of pitching as the Giants do and they are the second worst power team.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:45 pm 

You don't transfer the HR's McLouth's hit from the Pirates to the Braves. The Pirates still have hit 32 HR's (or whatever it is for the year). Not that it matters much... just sayin'.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:48 am 

bassoondirector wrote:
I think this kid has done a hell of a job behind the plate for the Bucs, and on offense too. This team is only three under .500 and it's June (early June I know) but pretty darn good I think. With Cutch here now.......this 2009 Pirate team is going to be fun to watch until the end of the season. And Adam and Andy LaRoche deserve props for their contributions. I can see Moss also developing into a very good player. With Maholm, and Duke, and Ohlendorf and other pitchers in the system like Brad Lincoln tearing it up at AA......this is the most exciting situation the Pirates have been in in a long time. Not just the Pirates but the entire organization. Thanks NH and FC and yes BN for helping turn this franchise around in the right direction.

Being a Phillies/Pirates fan I was pissed when the Phils made that deal because I know what Paulino was not capable of. Jaramillo was never going to play for the Phils. They needed an experienced ML catcher for a #3 behind Ruiz and Coste. Obviously having watched Paulino here I knew he wasn't the answer and would never make it back in Philly. Now he's with Florida I believe. The Phils also have another young, pretty good catcher at AAA named Lou Marson who they are high on so Jaramillo really never had a chance in Philly.