Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rod's Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:46 pm 

I understand how Rod has his soap box and needs to constantly preach to us how evil and bad we are for being "apologists". So instead of hyjacking every single thread with his crap, he can come here and post as much as he wants about Salary Dumps, Bob Smizik, and his new love interest, Mark Grace....

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

Post subject: Re: Rod's Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:47 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
I understand how Rod has his soap box and needs to constantly preach to us how evil and bad we are for being "apologists". So instead of hyjacking every single thread with his crap, he can come here and post as much as he wants about Salary Dumps, Bob Smizik, and his new love interest, Mark Grace....

I think this is a great idea. The other owner haters can join on. It will be like a mini CIA board on our board.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:14 pm 

nad69dan wrote:

The only "love interest" on here is me,

from you.

You've been stalking me for a long time now.

I told you, I don't roll that way.

That's your world, sweetheart. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:17 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
nad69dan wrote:

from you.

We all love you Rod. How does that make you feel?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:28 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
nad69dan wrote:

from you.

Rod, you had me at Salary Dump!!!

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:01 pm 

You guys say rod flames then you make entire topics of flaming about him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:27 pm 

Ryann wrote:
You guys say rod flames then you make entire topics of flaming about him.

This usage of the verb 'to flame' is beyond my comprehension.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:59 pm 

Cheap Trick wussed out when they released "The Flame".

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:50 pm 

An intellectual consistency check for Rod: (Hint: the answers are "Yes" if you are consistent)

If Nutting is responsible for the Pirates bad trades when he is a minority owner of the team, is Hal Steinbrenner responsible for the Yankees failure even for the time before he assumed control from George? He too was a minority owner. If so, shouldn't you also be calling on him to sell, it's been years and a lot of money wasted -actually much more than the Pirates.

BTW - a simple yes or no will suffice. The question is about whether you are consistent not about about whether Nutting is good or should sell.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:52 pm 

VanSlick wrote:
Cheap Trick wussed out when they released "The Flame".

I think Cheap Trick died w/ Budakahn II - but honestly I don't know if that was before or after the Flame - just a bad idea either way :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:23 am 

Colin21 wrote:
nad69dan wrote:

I think this is a great idea. The other owner haters can join on. It will be like a mini CIA board on our board.

Do you even go to CIA, or is the extent of your knowledge about it limited to the "board wars" of 3 or 4 months ago?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:45 am 

omgardd wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
nad69dan wrote:

Do you even go to CIA, or is the extent of your knowledge about it limited to the "board wars" of 3 or 4 months ago?

Yes i have an account over there, but i don't use it. I made it during the invasion of this board. I check it once and awhile to see what the talk is about over there, but I just don't like it because it has been taken over by people that should've been banned. I will say one thing i like about the CIA board and that is how the pictures of the players change at the top everytime you log in or refresh it. It isn't the worst board out there and there are some decent poster. I just think some others that aren't that good have gained too much credibility over there with what they say. I don't like all the douchebag stuff either, it makes it seem like everybody is 15.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:57 am 

Can someone explain the CIA BOARD?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:47 am 

Ryann wrote:
Can someone explain the CIA BOARD?

It is another Pirate's message board. Our board ranks probably second on the list of Pirate fan message boards, and theirs is third. There has been a rivalry for quite some time between us and the Change In Atmosphere board. The level of board violence picked up about 4 months ago when CIA invaded our board and about 75% of their members signed up just to piss people off around here. Now i will say there are some CIA board members that are also valued members of this board.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:29 pm 

I find it to be an honor and a privledge to have my posts threaten and hurt so many of you, that you would find it necessary to honor me by making an entire thread, with two pages, SO FAR, dedicated solely to hating me.

If twisted apologists like some of you, who worship an owner who robs you, and reaps huge profits by putting a losing product on the field; are so very scared of my posts, are so very threatened by the truth they represent, and are so very embarrassed by my bringing it all to light; then I am truly pleased and honored.

You worship an owner who does not care that his team will be breaking all time records for losing. Not just baseball all time records, BUT ALL TIME RECORDS FOR ALL OF SPORT, THAT'S ALL SPORTS, PROFESSIONAL, IN AMERICA.

The more excuses you make for an owner who is the laughingstock of baseball, the more comical you look.

And No, as I will continue to say, every day, I am not going anywhere.

But thank you, anyway! It's an honor. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:17 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
I find it to be an honor and a privledge to have my posts threaten and hurt so many of you, that you would find it necessary to honor me by making an entire thread, with two pages, SO FAR, dedicated solely to hating me.

If twisted apologists like some of you, who worship an owner who robs you, and reaps huge profits by putting a losing product on the field; are so very scared of my posts, are so very threatened by the truth they represent, and are so very embarrassed by my bringing it all to light; then I am truly pleased and honored.

You worship an owner who does not care that his team will be breaking all time records for losing. Not just baseball all time records, BUT ALL TIME RECORDS FOR ALL OF SPORT, THAT'S ALL SPORTS, PROFESSIONAL, IN AMERICA.

The more excuses you make for an owner who is the laughingstock of baseball, the more comical you look.

And No, as I will continue to say, every day, I am not going anywhere.

But thank you, anyway! It's an honor. :lol:

An honor that will be placed on the mantle with the rest of your seventh and eighth place participation ribbons. Why am I picturing the Wall of Gaylord from Meet the Fockers? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:24 pm 

Poor little NO. 9 is all upset because somebody insulted his Daddy Bobby Nutting.

Get over it, boy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:02 pm 

I can speak from personal experience, No. 9 is as far from an apologist or Nutting lover as anyone here. He is also a realist, something the world needs more of.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:28 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
I can speak from personal experience, No. 9 is as far from an apologist or Nutting lover as anyone here. He is also a realist, something the world needs more of.

Az - you are confusing the issue with facts. Please stick to the "apologists script."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:57 pm 

Y'er killin' me bucfan.....once again.