Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Laroche rips Beltran
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1328
I know that a lot of people on this board don't care for BigBro LaRoche for one reason or another. I've never shared that view, perhaps because I share many personality traits with him. Regardless of how you feel about him, you've got to give him credit for standing up for his team against Beltran (see link below). He pulls no punches. Well done, Adam!

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/pbc/archive/2009/06/06/laroche-mets-beltran-has-zero-class.aspx


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Laroche rips Beltran
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: Westmoreland County Pennsylvania
Unfortunately the matter didn't piss off the Pirates enough losing to Mr. Hampton again and the Astros 9-1. :?

Good for Adam though.

_________________
Image...You can observe a lot by just watching. -Yogi Berra


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Laroche rips Beltran
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
burghermeister wrote:
I know that a lot of people on this board don't care for BigBro LaRoche for one reason or another. I've never shared that view, perhaps because I share many personality traits with him.


I agree that this was nice to see, but just out of curiosity, what are these personality traits that you share with him? I'm just curious because to be honest this is one of the only acts of emotion I've seen out of him since he's been here, save maybe the time he got tossed for arguing balls and strikes last season, and that was very modest at that. I'm not saying I prefer to have livid characters on the team who cause scenes, I just wonder what prompted you to say that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Laroche rips Beltran
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:50 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
Adam LaRoche is a stand up guy, a great teammate, and a decent ball player.

Count me among those who think the best of Adam.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Laroche rips Beltran
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1328
TheShark wrote:
I agree that this was nice to see, but just out of curiosity, what are these personality traits that you share with him? I'm just curious because to be honest this is one of the only acts of emotion I've seen out of him since he's been here, save maybe the time he got tossed for arguing balls and strikes last season, and that was very modest at that. I'm not saying I prefer to have livid characters on the team who cause scenes, I just wonder what prompted you to say that.

I'm even tempered and have laid back attitude. I have been accused at times of not caring enough when, in fact, I actually care deeply. If was a ball player, I would be very similar to Adam LaRoche in demeanor which is why I've never had a problem with him.

It all started with the "red-wagon incident" when I was 4. You see, my big brother had a friend whose name was Bruiser McClain and he.... Oh. Sorry, Got carried away there for a minute...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Laroche rips Beltran
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 429
Location: Rural Ridge, PA
The Buck Commander gets it done.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Laroche rips Beltran
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1328
And Beltran fires back. Read about it here. Well said, Carlos.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Laroche rips Beltran
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7238
burghermeister wrote:
And Beltran fires back. Read about it here. Well said, Carlos.


This verbal exchange would be so much more colorful on the field if these teams played more often...

Adam and Carlos better watch themselves, they may end up being teammates on Aug 1st...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Laroche rips Beltran
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 4822
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
nad69dan wrote:
Adam and Carlos better watch themselves, they may end up being teammates on Aug 1st...


That would be an awkward clubhouse for a day or two!

_________________
North Dakota State Bison (0-0) at Iowa State Cyclones (0-0)
Jack Trice Stadium
August 30, 2014


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits