Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:53 pm 

These 20 year olds arent ready to be that high in the farm yet if they arent able to compete against these "lesser talented" farm players. You can keep being happy with so called "talent" in the farm but i would rather have talent in the big leagues.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:54 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
Because your talented players are about 20, and they are playing against 25 yo never wases who are fill in's for the roster.

Its a trick DL did to, you know Ryann, Win at the low A, High A, AA, and AAA levels without providing much of any talent to the MLB club.

ZM

It's all about stocking your farm system with super talented prospects, who then go out and perform at a level that has them finishing last or dead last in wins and losses. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:55 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

You explanation is there, but I understand you will have to think about it for three days before you comprehend it.

ZM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:59 pm 

Ryann wrote:
These 20 year olds arent ready to be that high in the farm yet if they arent able to compete against these "lesser talented" farm players. You can keep being happy with so called "talent" in the farm but i would rather have talent in the big leagues.

Lying to the public about "building up the farm system" is part of the Bob Nutting way of doing business: Constantly lie, apologize, divert, spew rhetoric, build amusement parks, sell bobbleheads, and talk jargon, to take the fans minds off of the low payroll, high profit, record setting losing club, that trades away their best players for minor league talent in order to dump salary, make more profit, and continue the process, without ever being held accountable by the fans, public, or media.

Winning Franchises stock their MAJOR league club with talent, win games, and make profit by putting a WINNER on the field.

It's called responsiblity.

It's called accountability.

Two things Bob Nutting does not have, and never will have.

End of story.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:50 pm 

I just want to see McLouth flop with the Braves so all the naysayers will be speachless. I don't dislike McLouth but i want him to tank it bad :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:30 pm 

I am confused as to why some people think Bob Nutting runs this team. He may be a bad owner, but run the operations of this team is something he does not do. We should all be happy he stays out of the affairs of Huntington and Coonelly except writing checks (well...maybe not large checks).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:35 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
I just want to see McLouth flop with the Braves so all the naysayers will be speachless. I don't dislike McLouth but i want him to tank it bad :twisted:

Disagree with you there, Colin. The best trades are ones that come out win-win, not the ones where one team fleeces the other. Win-win trades leave both teams willing to deal again and enhance the reputation of the GMs among their peers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:36 pm 

burghermeister wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

Disagree with you there, Colin. The best trades are ones that come out win-win, not the ones where one team fleeces the other. Win-win trades leave both teams willing to deal again and enhance the reputation of the GMs among their peers.

That would work for me also. I just don't want to see us on the losing end of this trade and the Braves end up winning.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:39 pm 

urbanexplorer wrote:
I am confused as to why some people think Bob Nutting runs this team. He may be a bad owner, but run the operations of this team is something he does not do. We should all be happy he stays out of the affairs of Huntington and Coonelly except writing checks (well...maybe not large checks).

I have been trying to explain this to Rod since he came to the board and starting playing Nutting for "salary dumping". Nutting has nothing to do with that. It is all Huntington and Coonelly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:40 pm 

burghermeister wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

Unless you are the Red Sox, Yankees, Braves, or Cubs.

Then you fleece the Pirates, continue to put winners on the field, and come back for more.

Because unlike the Pirates, those clubs are trying to win.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:40 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
urbanexplorer wrote:

I have been trying to explain this to Rod since he came to the board and starting playing Nutting for "salary dumping". Nutting has nothing to do with that. It is all Huntington and Coonelly.

Who were both hired by Nutting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:46 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
urbanexplorer wrote:

Who were both hired by Nutting.

True, but Huntington probably looked like a god compared to Littlefield.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:31 pm 

Come on Rod. Personally, I was shocked when the McNuttings were included on SI.com's worst owners listings. You are being way to simplistic. What is the number 1 priority of a farm system? Answer the question. No spin.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:35 pm 

No spin I need you people to answer this question. What is the main goal of a baseball team? Is it to win? Or is it to stock potential talent in the minors?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:41 pm 

Ryann wrote:
No spin I need you people to answer this question. What is the main goal of a baseball team? Is it to win? Or is it to stock potential talent in the minors?

We weren't going to win this year or next year no matter what. I have a question for you. Besides the Yankees because they don't count because they were already in a race, who was the biggest buyers in the off-season?
I think it was the Nationals and where are they at?
They are the worst team in baseball.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:45 pm 

We would of without the trading of our best players last year and this year.

That question? The nats dont trade their good people i didnt say we had to sign pricey free agents.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:48 pm 

Ryann wrote:
We would of without the trading of our best players last year and this year.

That question? The nats dont trade their good people i didnt say we had to sign pricey free agents.

Well i liked the Nady deal, the Bay deal wasn't very good, but i believe we had to make a deal with him because him wouldn't have re-signed with us after the 2009 season, and we would have got nothing for him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:13 pm 

I think that we now know the real reason McLouth was traded. He is bad joo-joo for any team that plays the Brewers. He has now cursed the Braves into 18 straight scoreless innings against the Brewers. He's the Brewers' good luck charm!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:17 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
I think that we now know the real reason McLouth was traded. He is bad joo-joo for any team that plays the Brewers. He has now cursed the Braves into 18 straight scoreless innings against the Brewers. He's the Brewers' good luck charm!!

That is something i never unstood about the Ramirez trade. Rule #1 is don't trade players to teams in your own division. Atleast Nate isn't playing for the Brewers right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:50 pm 

I say the nady deal was pretty good we got ohlendorf and tabata and karstens still can help if he starts pitching better. But the bay deal has been terrible and we get a better return for nady and marte then for all star mclouth!