Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:32 pm 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
Hitting third. Against Milwaukee.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:50 pm 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
First AB. Standing "O" from Braves' fans. Soft groundout back to pitcher.

Braves' announcers sounded surprised that people in Pittsburgh are so down on the trade.

XM radio rules.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm
Posts: 3395
Location: Westmoreland County Pennsylvania
Braves announcers also commented that many felt that Nate was not available.

Good luck Nate! Now I have a Brave (don't like the Braves) and a Yankee (don't like the Yankees) I like...Nate and Nady. :? :)

I'm watching the Braves/Brewers game on MLB Extra Innings and the Bucs on FSN.

_________________
Image...You can observe a lot by just watching. -Yogi Berra


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:42 pm 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
2nd AB. Pop-up to first base to lead off bottom of 4th. Nate's new team losing to the Brewers. Probably feels right at home.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
bassoondirector wrote:
Braves announcers also commented that many felt that Nate was not available.

Good luck Nate! Now I have a Brave (don't like the Braves) and a Yankee (don't like the Yankees) I like...Nate and Nady. :? :)

I'm watching the Braves/Brewers game on MLB Extra Innings and the Bucs on FSN.


You SHOULD be following the Yankees, Red Sox, and Braves:

Because the Pirates are their farm team.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm
Posts: 3395
Location: Westmoreland County Pennsylvania
Rod Serling wrote:
bassoondirector wrote:
Braves announcers also commented that many felt that Nate was not available.

Good luck Nate! Now I have a Brave (don't like the Braves) and a Yankee (don't like the Yankees) I like...Nate and Nady. :? :)

I'm watching the Braves/Brewers game on MLB Extra Innings and the Bucs on FSN.


You SHOULD be following the Yankees, Red Sox, and Braves:

Because the Pirates are their farm team.



First of all don't tell me who I should follow.

Second of all.......who is your favorite team Mr. Serling?

_________________
Image...You can observe a lot by just watching. -Yogi Berra


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:15 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
My Favorite Team is the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Not Bob Nutting.

Not G. Ogden Nutting.

Not some fat guy who loves the Nuttings and writes for some little league "Beaver County" Newspaper and worships the Nuttings.

I am one of the vast majority of Pirate fans, who dislike 17 years of losing, who dislike a lying ownership selling them a losing product, bobbleheads, and fireworks, and spewing rhetoric like "high ceiling", "quality depth", "building a system", and more bullsh*t at them.

And I will not be bullied,

ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm
Posts: 3395
Location: Westmoreland County Pennsylvania
Rod Serling wrote:
My Favorite Team is the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Not Bob Nutting.

Not G. Ogden Nutting.

Not some fat guy who loves the Nuttings and writes for some little league "Beaver County" Newspaper and worships the Nuttings.

I am one of the vast majority of Pirate fans, who dislike 17 years of losing, who dislike a lying ownership selling them a losing product, bobbleheads, and fireworks, and spewing rhetoric like "high ceiling", "quality depth", "building a system", and more bullsh*t at them.

And I will not be bullied,

ever.


Talk about the pot calling the kettle black? Bullied? You are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else.....but to continually challenge any fan who doesn't agree with you?

_________________
Image...You can observe a lot by just watching. -Yogi Berra


Last edited by bassoondirector on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:28 pm 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
3rd AB. Ground out to second base with one out in 6th inning. Gallardo throwing a one hitter against Braves. Different venue, same 'ol results for Nate. Losing to the Brew Crew.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:30 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
No. 9 wrote:
3rd AB. Ground out to second base with one out in 6th inning. Gallardo throwing a one hitter against Braves. Different venue, same 'ol results for Nate. Losing to the Brew Crew.


Send him down, right now.

:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:21 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:43 pm
Posts: 273
Better yet, trade him to Pittsburgh for prospects.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:01 am 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
Steve -
Great idea. How about trading Brad Lincoln, Jose Tabata and Robbie Grossman to get Nate back?

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:04 am 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
Braves make Nate feel right at home. Waste a good pitching performance and can't hit their way out of a paper bag while losing to Brewers.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:14 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:28 am
Posts: 631
I have been reading a lot of posts and I have to say some of you folks are miserable human beings. Rod Serling specifically may be the saddest person I've ever not met. First, I assume that you are truly the real Rod Serling because I can't imagine anyone being such a huge Serling fan to name themselves that. So Rod, I have to ask, do you really think that the bucs have enough to win the World Series right now? What about before we traded Mclouth? Before Bay and Nady? No WE SUCKED WITH THOSE GUYS. So what if we traded them to build a farm system... How is that a bad thing?
Before you start saying that I love the Nuttings and worship at their toilet, you should know that I think they've been the worst owners in professional sports for quite a while. Worst. But Opie is building somthing here, and the Nuttings seem to be turning a corner. I like what they are doing.
When they trade Duke and Maholum (and they will, soon) you may very well have a conniption fit, but I will be down with it. Because they are BUILDING A FARM SYSTEM. We need a farm system. This is a good thing. When NH took over our farm system was ranked dead last in baseball. After the draft last year and the bay and nady trades we shot up to the middle of the pack. After this deal we'll get a little higher. If we have another good draft, sign Sano, trade Duke, Maholum, LaRoche, Jack, Freddy, and Grabow, we may very well be no. 1. That's where we need to be. NUMBER FRICKIN 1!
Rod I found this article just for you...
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:48 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
JimY wrote:
I have been reading a lot of posts and I have to say some of you folks are miserable human beings. Rod Serling specifically may be the saddest person I've ever not met. First, I assume that you are truly the real Rod Serling because I can't imagine anyone being such a huge Serling fan to name themselves that. So Rod, I have to ask, do you really think that the bucs have enough to win the World Series right now? What about before we traded Mclouth? Before Bay and Nady? No WE SUCKED WITH THOSE GUYS. So what if we traded them to build a farm system... How is that a bad thing?
Before you start saying that I love the Nuttings and worship at their toilet, you should know that I think they've been the worst owners in professional sports for quite a while. Worst. But Opie is building somthing here, and the Nuttings seem to be turning a corner. I like what they are doing.
When they trade Duke and Maholum (and they will, soon) you may very well have a conniption fit, but I will be down with it. Because they are BUILDING A FARM SYSTEM. We need a farm system. This is a good thing. When NH took over our farm system was ranked dead last in baseball. After the draft last year and the bay and nady trades we shot up to the middle of the pack. After this deal we'll get a little higher. If we have another good draft, sign Sano, trade Duke, Maholum, LaRoche, Jack, Freddy, and Grabow, we may very well be no. 1. That's where we need to be. NUMBER FRICKIN 1!
Rod I found this article just for you...
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare



Indianapolis: 24-30 next to last.

Altoona: 18-36 Dead last in the league.

State College 18-56 Dead last in the league.


You were saying?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
Rod Serling wrote:

Indianapolis: 24-30 next to last.

Altoona: 18-36 Dead last in the league.

State College 18-56 Dead last in the league.


You were saying?


State College has yet to play a game this season...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:20 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6280
Due to organization directives, strict pitch counts, lineup control,etc., you really can't judge a team's farm system by looking at WL records. Winning down on the farm is nice, but not the prime concern. Player development is. But you have to have the players to develop. The more top level farm system players you have, the higher the odds of having players develop to the point of being MLB ready.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:47 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
record is a good indicator. why would such supertalented players be losing to lesser talented players? hmmm?

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 4235
Location: Zelienople, PA
Because your talented players are about 20, and they are playing against 25 yo never wases who are fill in's for the roster.

Its a trick DL did to, you know Ryann, Win at the low A, High A, AA, and AAA levels without providing much of any talent to the MLB club.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth debut
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:52 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
Az Bucco fan wrote:
Due to organization directives, strict pitch counts, lineup control,etc., you really can't judge a team's farm system by looking at WL records. Winning down on the farm is nice, but not the prime concern. Player development is. But you have to have the players to develop. The more top level farm system players you have, the higher the odds of having players develop to the point of being MLB ready.


Because super talented farm teams always finish dead last or next to last in the standings.

:lol: :lol:

Really. You apologists are beyond belief. :lol:


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Charleston_Charlies, No. 9 and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits