Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bucfan Family Update. Great news.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:39 pm 

Willton wrote:
Congrats to your daughter, Bucfan! Tell me, is she sticking around Jersey after graduation or heading back to the Left Coast?

Thx, all, including Wilton. Your thoughts and congrats will be forwarded to those who deserve them - son and daughter.

Wilton - daughter is looking to go to med school. She wants to return to SoCal, as she had enough of the New Jersey winters. ("Dad, we don't see the sun for 5 months!!"). She will be interning at a research lab at UCLA, and taking the MCAT this fall.

She would like to attend UCLA Med School. If not, then USC ... yeesh, USC is freaking expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:04 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Willton wrote:
Congrats to your daughter, Bucfan! Tell me, is she sticking around Jersey after graduation or heading back to the Left Coast?

Thx, all, including Wilton. Your thoughts and congrats will be forwarded to those who deserve them - son and daughter.

Wilton - daughter is looking to go to med school. She wants to return to SoCal, as she had enough of the New Jersey winters. ("Dad, we don't see the sun for 5 months!!"). She will be interning at a research lab at UCLA, and taking the MCAT this fall.

She would like to attend UCLA Med School. If not, then USC ... yeesh, USC is freaking expensive.

Jersey likely is more expensive. I don't know how much UMDNJ costs, but it's likely on par with law schools, and Seton Hall Law costs $40k per year. My parents feel your pain.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:00 am 

Bucfan,

You have every right to feel great pride as the father of a daughter who has already achieved so much.
It reflects very well on the type of upbringing she has received from you and her mother.
If only there were more parents of such a high calibre as yourselves around these days.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:47 am 

Most impressive, Bucfan. You must be very proud. Congratulations to you and your family.

Board members, I'm not sure that things can get much better for Bucfan. Seems like maybe he's peaked. I think now would be a good time to consider trading him for prospects. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:36 am 

Job well done Bucfan...I can't begin to imagine the pride you have in your kids..it's an impressive feat to graduate from any college, but an Ivy League college?? She must be one smart cookie..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:53 pm 

burghermeister wrote:
Board members, I'm not sure that things can get much better for Bucfan. Seems like maybe he's peaked. I think now would be a good time to consider trading him for prospects. Thoughts?

Okay, now that is funny. By the way, I believe that I could garner an Eagle Scout and two Cub Scouts to be named later in trade.