Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Im sick of the fighting.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:27 pm 

Why do our own fans on the site always fight? Look I know both sides have their faults but the apoligists and whiners need to stop fighting because this site isnt about pirates baseball lately.
Apoligists need to relize that these "whiners" have every reason to whine after the terrible moves this franchise has made in years past.
Whiners you people need to stop criticizing the apoligists after they support these new strategies. There is no need to call them idiots for thinking the nate, nady, and even bay trades were total busts since they came under a new management and havent had the time to show the true winners.

Post subject: Re: Im sick of the fighting.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:32 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Why do our own fans on the site always fight? Look I know both sides have their faults but the apoligists and whiners need to stop fighting because this site isnt about pirates baseball lately.
Apoligists need to relize that these "whiners" have every reason to whine after the terrible moves this franchise has made in years past.
Whiners you people need to stop criticizing the apoligists after they support these new strategies. There is no need to call them idiots for thinking the nate, nady, and even bay trades were total busts since they came under a new management and havent had the time to show the true winners.

Let's sing a song

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I think arguing makes the board better. I have got into it with Wilton and omgradd and some others also, but that doesn't mean i dislike them or don't respect their opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:34 pm 

Arguements are fine but straight flaming isnt. You guys are trying to get rod serling banned over this stuff. Other fanbases dont fight as much as this look at the penguins message board.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:38 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Arguements are fine but straight flaming isnt. You guys are trying to get rod serling banned over this stuff. Other fanbases dont fight as much as this look at the penguins message board.

I agreed Rod shouldn't be banned. I don't even put anybody on my foe list. He just needs to not change topics about salary dumps and stuff like that. Alot of what he says is true. I agree that PNC is made to attract kids like an amusment park, so they can keep making money.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:38 pm 

Ryann wrote:

Here's another, more old-school song that we can sing together:
Quote:
Territory folks should stick together,
Territory folks should all be pals,
Cowboys dance with farmers' daughters,
Farmers dance with the ranchers' gals!

Seriously, I'm fine with disagreement. Heck, I have no idea if this trade or last year's trades will work out well in the long run or not. I think you can make sound, reasonable arguments on both sides. It's the perpetual drumming of the same simplistic argument over and over again and the hijacking of unrelated threads that drives me crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:44 pm 
 WWW  Profile

You could say "It's raining outside, the game might get canceled." and he'd come back with "It's because ownership is too cheap to purchase a retractable roof over PNC Park."

He had a few moments of normalcy during the game on Tuesday, it was nice. He's 94% garbage and 6% substance.

7:00 PM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:46 pm 

Ryann wrote:

You should take your own advice. I've seen plenty of posts by you that would qualify as flaming.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:04 pm 

Its not about arguing or fighting, thats fine...If you have an opinion give it, but be able to back it up with facts to support your stance...

Disagreement is fine, but trolling isnt...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:38 pm 

Willton wrote:
Ryann wrote:

You should take your own advice. I've seen plenty of posts by you that would qualify as flaming.

The guy comes in with a post about how we should all get along, and you throw another insult at him.

You are a joke, and no, Bob Nutting doesn't even know you're alive. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:39 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
Its not about arguing or fighting, thats fine...If you have an opinion give it, but be able to back it up with facts to support your stance...

Disagreement is fine, but trolling isnt...

I've got 17 years of losing to back me up.

How about you bully?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:42 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:
You could say "It's raining outside, the game might get canceled." and he'd come back with "It's because ownership is too cheap to purchase a retractable roof over PNC Park."

He had a few moments of normalcy during the game on Tuesday, it was nice. He's 94% garbage and 6% substance.

And you are 100 percent pile on and zero percent guts.

I've given you the Kerrigan addition, as a positive by the organization.

I've given you the call up of Gorzo as a positive, and he is 3-1, even though supposed Pirate "fan" Wilton is rooting against him, hoping against hope that Gorzo fails, just to prove me wrong.

I have given you Duke and his improvement as another positive.

I tell the truth about ownership, and I stand by my statements. This is the world's only board that has anyone, anywhere, who supports Bob Nutting.

The rest of the real world has common sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:56 pm 

Rod,

I've been a Pirate fan since I can remember dating back to 1960.
I'm convinced that the dismal recent past began right after the Leyland years when bad management began until these last two years with the new management. Money is NOT the answer but how you build and develop your organization is. With the way MLB is today, the only way to compete with the rest of league with varying payrolls is to build from within. Develop your own talent. Make smart trades to acquire talent.

I've grown up with and seen great Pirate teams and great Pirate eras with great talent. The Pirates ARE heading in the right direction.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:59 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
I've given you the call up of Gorzo as a positive, and he is 3-1, even though supposed Pirate "fan" Wilton is rooting against him, hoping against hope that Gorzo fails, just to prove me wrong.

Wow, you are really full of yourself. To think that I would actually root against a player on the Pirates just to spite you is quite possibly the most conceited thing I have ever heard. You must think the world revolves around you.

I want Gorzo to start. He is not doing so as a member of the bullpen. That's why I said that it was a bad idea to call him up. Gorzo proved in 2007 that he can be a capable starter, and I see no reason to think that he can no longer be one. If he's not starting with the major league team, then he should be sent down to start at Indy until he is needed in Pittsburgh. There are much better and more appropriate options for the bullpen than Gorzo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:09 pm 

Ryann wrote:

I don't care at all whether Serling is banned. If he says something stupid, I'll point out that he's said something stupid. My only problem with Serling is that he never has anything new to say, just the same anti-Nutting rant in thread after thread, whatever the subject of the thread may be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:08 pm 

nad69dan wrote:

78% of readers believe that Bucfan's posts are the funniest and most original on this board.

91% say they would publicly weep if Bucfan stopped posting here.

99% say they hope Bucfan keeps posting until he is very, very, VERY old and damn near senile.

http://www.wikipediaiamabouttomakeup.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:53 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:

BULL!
Personally, I think it's more like 92.5% garbage and 7.5% substance!

GET IT RIGHT!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:57 pm 

Dejan K. on sportscall tonight:

"This sends a bad message to all of your players, from the top down."

How about that Wilton?

I suppose Dejan is a fool too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:18 am 

Animal wrote:
IA Pirate wrote:

BULL!
Personally, I think it's more like 92.5% garbage and 7.5% substance!

GET IT RIGHT!

When i first read this i thought you were talking about Bucfan, because he was doing the percentage
stuff :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:15 am 

Ryann wrote:

The statement that this board doesn't want varying opinions (primary case, Nutting) is a myth. We have no problems with alternative positions but when it comes without merit, proof, or generally based upon writings of a half-crazed almost senile "blogger"(Smizik) then there is a problem. If you are going to state that Nutting is cheap, then you better have some documentation to prove it. Most fans only see what happens on the ML level and rarely notice what happens throughout the entire organization and that's ok, there isn't anything wrong with that. But to start making assumptions about payroll and budgets based soley upon what happens in PNC park is misguided at best. Everything I have read and seen about what Nutting is doing to restore the splendor of the PBC shows me that he is serious about building a contendor. Money has been spent liberally in the draft and in the Dominican Republic, exceptional FO personnel and coaches have been brought in (I'm sure they didn't take a discount), and money is being invested in players like Doumit, Sanchez, Maholm, and the recently traded McLouth.

I've had my arguements with guys like Sisyphus and Wilton and they have been heated, but, those guys provide references, statistics, and other information to back up there opinions. If I don't agree with them, its ok, at least they presented their case. The idea of an opinion is to take all of the provided information and generate a personal belief from that information. So if you come here with an opinion like, I hate Nutting because he didn't buy me a popsicle, then you are going to get "flamed."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:18 am 

Bucfan wrote:
nad69dan wrote:

78% of readers believe that Bucfan's posts are the funniest and most original on this board.

91% say they would publicly weep if Bucfan stopped posting here.

99% say they hope Bucfan keeps posting until he is very, very, VERY old and damn near senile.

http://www.wikipediaiamabouttomakeup.com

I'd like to know the margin of error on those polls.