Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: So what's tomorrow's starting lineup?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:34 am 

Quote:
July 2 is the make-up game.

Wow the Mets will have to play in Milwaukee on July 1st, Pittsburgh on July 2nd, and Philadelphia on the 3rd. Thats alot of traveling.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:10 am 
 WWW  Profile

Colin21 wrote:
Quote:
July 2 is the make-up game.

Wow the Mets will have to play in Milwaukee on July 1st, Pittsburgh on July 2nd, and Philadelphia on the 3rd. Thats alot of traveling.

Yes, but it's a very nice time for them to make it up since they will be on their way back to the east coast. Its a lot better than going from Milwaukee to Pittsburgh, then to some place like Denver or LA.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:27 am 

I won't steal IA's thunder but, according to DK's blog, none of us predicting the right line-up.

From the PA later this a.m. (for those of us in CDT) "Leading off and playing CF for your Pittsburgh Pirates - Andrew McCutchen."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:01 pm 

palushock wrote:
Small market johnnie probably looked at his STATs , and saw mc cutchen is batting 000 against Tim Redding.

With that in mind, he will probably start Delwyn Young or Hinske in the outfield, and have AM be the first pinch hitter off the bench.

I am glad to finally see Am get his shot, but for crying out loud, couldn't the team at least get 1 player in return that could immediately make the major league roster?.
Guess not, but we shall see how this trade pans out.

Here's the thing. When you trade a good major leaguer and demand major league talent in return, the best you can get is a good player. You're not going to get a good player AND prospects. In other words, you're treading water.

Quote:
Never big on acquiring someone named Hernandez.

Ah, but a guy named Gorkys? That should more than offset the Hernandez factor.

Quote:
Besides Keith, when was the last guy with that last name a useful ml player?

I suspect that this will provoke a hailstorm, but Jose Hernandez was a useful player at the top of his game. When he wasn't at the top of his game though, ugh.

Quote:
If the team really wanted to deal Nate, i think there had to be a better offer than this one out there, don't you?.

No. From all the reports I read, the Pirates have been getting offers for McLouth since the middle of last year. That would give them a very good idea of what the market was. And they ended up getting the three guys that they demanded from the Braves. No chance that they "settled".

Quote:
And when Doumit returns, i think Huntington already has a deal in place to ship him to the Mets, for 3 more high ceiling prospects, so don't pencil him into the cleanup spot too long.

I'd love to see them get value for Doumit, but I suspect that they'll have to either trade him right after he comes back or wait until after next season.