Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Rockies aren't fans of Tracy either
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:41 pm 

Quote:
Tracy must be rusty after not managing in more than a year.

One of the charges against Tracy in Pittsburgh was that he took too much credit when the team won and blamed the players too much when the Pirates lost.

After the game Sunday, Tracy blamed his starter Jorge De La Rosa for not pitching properly to Gonzalez when he had an 0-2 count, allowing the Padres slugger to homer.

Gonzalez wouldn't have homered if he were standing on first base. Don't give me that old manager's lame excuse of lefty on lefty. Couldn't the Rockies use Gonzalez?

Tracy then blamed his pinch-hitter Smith for not hitting properly when he had a 3-2 count. According to Tracy, the Rockies cannot "do any hitting with the bat on their shoulder."

Well, the Rockies can't extend the inning if the manager is sending runners when the team needs four runs, not one or two. In that situation, they need a big, not a little, inning.

The team bus, parked off 20th and Blake, taking the Rockies to their charter flight for 11 games on the road, could have been delayed. Tracy had thrown the players under it.

Unless Tracy wants to share the credit and the blame, he and the Rockies could lose seven of 11, or more, and he could lose the players, as Hurdle did.

Then, at season's conclusion, everybody, including the Brothers Grim, will be saying — "Fire Tracy."

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_12491827

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

Post subject: Re: The Rockies aren't fans of Tracy either
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:11 pm 

Sounds familiar.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:14 pm 

The one that stands out in my mind of his time in Pittsburgh was one of the 1st games they had Doumit at 1st base and made an error and ripped him for it to the media...

Of course his fetish of letting guys with hamstring injuries leg out pinch hit doubles...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:53 pm 

The one Tracy moment that sent me over the edge was when he was demanding that Jack and Solomon return early from their respective paternity leaves in order to play the last few games of the season, apparently due to Tracy's professed interest in the sanctity of the postseason. It was quite possibly the most offensive and unjustified thing I ever saw Tracy do.