Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: For IA Bucco . . .
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:57 pm 

IA Bucco -
I was contacted yesterday by a buddy of mine (fellow Hawykeye grad) in D.C. who was wondering if I was going to the Iowa/Pitt game at Heinz Field this fall. Apparently, the working plan is to get tickets for Astros/Pirates at PNC on Friday, 9/19 and to see the Hawks/Panthers play on Saturday, 9/20 . . . .
Its a good group of guys who are a lot of fun. Huge Hawkeye fans. We all bleed black-and-gold. Usually travel to the bowl games together . . . They are also solid baseball fans; not really Pirates fans. Just trying to make it a big sports weekend.
Given that you are likely one of the few who root for Iowa and the Pirates . . I thought that I'd throw it out there for you. You'd be more than welcome to join us. I'm going to start looking into ticket availability. As a student, I worked with Mark Jennings and Andy Piro from the UI Foundation and they've been very good to me in the past about lining up tickets.
If you have even the remotest interest, shoot me a personal message or send me an email. As far as I'm concerned, the more Hawkeye fans the better. Would really like to see a large number of Hawk fans in the crowd to show their support for Ferentz (kind of a homecoming). I don't know your opinion of him but I personally believe that he's an outstanding coach and an even better person. A true asset for the school.

IA Pirate . . . I'd extend this to you as well but . . . well . . . I'm allergic to Cyclones. :)

Post subject: Re: For IA Bucco . . .
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:07 pm 

Cyclones rule , just ask Ferentz ..

Post subject: Re: For IA Bucco . . .
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:01 pm 
 WWW  Profile

trainerb wrote:
Cyclones rule , just ask Ferentz ..

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I love it!

As the season gets closer we should plan a tailgate for the Big Game. Maybe drink a little Templeton Rye, throw some good Iowa steaks on the grill, and make a friendly wager on the game. The way the Pirates are playing it makes me wish football season was here!