Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maybe Gorrzy is finding his niche???
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:31 pm 

All in all, Gorrzy has been pretty good in the pen. They said during the game that the Bucs want to get him back down to AAA to get some starts in.

Anybody think his future might be in the pen?

If he goes down, and continues to struggle as a starter, would you make him a full time reliever?? Seemed to work for Burnett. But on the other hand, Duke seems to have gotten things turned around when so many wanted to bounce him from the rotation.

Thougths?

Post subject: Re: Maybe Gorrzy is finding his niche???
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:33 pm 

Animal wrote:
All in all, Gorrzy has been pretty good in the pen. They said during the game that the Bucs want to get him back down to AAA to get some starts in.

If he goes down, and continues to struggle as a starter, would you make him a full time reliever?? Seemed to work for Burnett. But on the other hand, Duke seems to have gotten things turned around when so many wanted to bounce him from the rotation.

Thougths?

I think they should give him a spot start with the Pirates before they consider sending him back down. He deserves it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:36 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
Animal wrote:

Thougths?

I think they should give him a spot start with the Pirates before they consider sending him back down. He deserves it.

I agree. The Bucs play 17 straight games without a day off. Throw him in there somewhere and give everybody an extra day of rest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:05 am 

Animal wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Animal wrote:

Thougths?

I agree. The Bucs play 17 straight games without a day off. Throw him in there somewhere and give everybody an extra day of rest.

Yep. I think it will help him and everybody in the rotation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:33 am 
 WWW  Profile

Oddly enough, Peter Gammons on Baseball Tonight just mentioned he might be pretty good trade bait in July.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:34 am 

IA Pirate wrote:
Oddly enough, Peter Gammons on Baseball Tonight just mentioned he might be pretty good trade bait in July.

I don't want to see him go. He is one i would like to see either make it or fail with us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:28 am 

Animal wrote:

Thougths?

His future is in the rotation, barring inury.