Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rod Serling (or any other name you have used/will use)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:05 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Please, quit posting your rant about ownership and the Pirates management...we get it. You have become very tiresome to me and most everyone on this board. I am a very patient person but your shtick has worn too thin. I understand there is an ignore button and do not wish to put you there but I feel that I might have to. You can tell me to quit reading your posts but you hijack too many of the threads.

I am not from Pittsburgh and am a sponge to Pirates news, rumors, and happenings. The Post-Gazette with DK and this message board are where I get 90% of my Pirates fix. I like that not everyone agrees on everything but you don't seem to get when or where to post your ramblings. What makes me not want to put you on the ignore list is every once in a while you have a very smart, well-informed post. You are like my golf game...you really, really suck most of the time but occasionally have a good shot every now and then to keep me coming back.

IA Pirate

7:00 PM

Post subject: Re: Rod Serling (or any other name you have used/will use)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:17 pm 

Well, maybe now that Jim Tracy (AKA ROD SERLING) has gotten a managing job, he will have less time to post here is rants about the Pirates. Of course, we know how horrible of a manager he is, so he probably doesn't put in much preparation time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:39 pm 

I'll readily admit to being a huge 30 Rock fan. When the Board's resident expert essentially claimed to be earning income at an incredible rate while working in the communications business on a national level, I couldn't help but picture Dennis Duffy - The Beeper King. The image literally made me laugh out loud.

Attachments:
30-rock72.jpg
30-rock72.jpg [ 38.1 KiB | Viewed 359 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:41 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
When the Board's resident expert essentially claimed to be earning income at an incredible rate while working in the communications business on a national level

I just think he's a customer service rep for Dish Network or Verizon and just happened to sell his product to a hotel chain and made the bonus...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:15 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:
Please, quit posting your rant about ownership and the Pirates management...we get it. You have become very tiresome to me and most everyone on this board. I am a very patient person but your shtick has worn too thin. I understand there is an ignore button and do not wish to put you there but I feel that I might have to. You can tell me to quit reading your posts but you hijack too many of the threads.

IA Pirate

If you dont like what Rod or anyone says, ignore it. What is a message board for..to just talk about the Xs & Os of Pirate baseball? How much more can you discuss about winning give or take 45% every year? What is more tiresome, a poster ranting about the owner or the 17 years in a row of losing and subpar baseball?
I became convinced more then ever that management is clueless after hearing Frank Coonley give a speech at a Youth Citizens Award Banquet. Instead of saying something that might inspire high school kids, he gave a verbal Pirate infomercial(way to tick off the youths who dont know what a winning baseball team is)
What you are saying is what many fans say....I wont go or watch the Pirates...the losing is tiresome and I've had enough and I've worn thin of you're excuses and rebuilding plans. Yet you keep going back for more...just like that one out of many golf shots.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:17 pm 

estrago wrote:
If you dont like what Rod or anyone says, ignore it. What is a message board for..to just talk about the Xs & Os of Pirate baseball? How much more can you discuss about winning give or take 45% every year? What is more tiresome, a poster ranting about the owner or the 17 years in a row of losing and subpar baseball?
I became convinced more then ever that management is clueless after hearing Frank Coonley give a speech at a Youth Citizens Award Banquet. Instead of saying something that might inspire high school kids, he gave a verbal Pirate infomercial(way to tick off the youths who dont know what a winning baseball team is)
What you are saying is what many fans say....I wont go or watch the Pirates...the losing is tiresome and I've had enough and I've worn thin of you're excuses and rebuilding plans. Yet you keep going back for more...just like that one out of many golf shots.

I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

Post subject: Here's The Plan...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:26 pm 

Okay, this is a message board, to post messages and opinions.

We all have opinions and others may not like them.

Mostly, we can all respect others' decisions and make counter arguments.

With a few here, they post the same repetative crap over and over and over and over.

These couple posters just want the attention, like a little girl, crying out.

Don't read them...or if you do, don't respond. Place them on ignore if you must. Once we stop giving them they attention they need so badly, they will simply go away, or stop.

Let's try it.

Just say NO.

Post subject: Re: Here's The Plan...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:23 pm 

Animal wrote:
Okay, this is a message board, to post messages and opinions.

We all have opinions and others may not like them.

Mostly, we can all respect others' decisions and make counter arguments.

With a few here, they post the same repetative crap over and over and over and over.

These couple posters just want the attention, like a little girl, crying out.

Don't read them...or if you do, don't respond. Place them on ignore if you must. Once we stop giving them they attention they need so badly, they will simply go away, or stop.

Let's try it.

Just say NO.

Well said.

Whether these posters are right or wrong isn't the point. It wouldn't be any less annoying if they repeatedly posted "water is wet". So regardless of the content or truthfullness of the post, it's boring, redundant, and offers nothing of substance for an intelligent discussion. There are times when I think it's warranted to debate such issues. But not in every single thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:26 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Alexandria Dukes wrote:
Whether these posters are right or wrong isn't the point. It wouldn't be any less annoying if they repeatedly posted "water is wet". So regardless of the content or truthfullness of the post, it's boring, redundant, and offers nothing of substance for an intelligent discussion. There are times when I think it's warranted to debate such issues. But not in every single thread.

There is where we have a problem.

7:00 PM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:41 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:
Alexandria Dukes wrote:

I agree. And to be perfectly honest, one of the reasons I haven't openly questioned or debated any of these posters is the fact there's some truth to what they post. We can not refute the number of consecutive losing seasons. We can not refute the low payroll figure. But there are times, places, threads, etc where I think it's appropriate to discuss such issues. Preferably with respectfull other posters willing to consider alternate opinions and view points. But when the same message is beaten over and over and over and all other perspectives shut down, it greatly diminished the quality of a message board in my opinion. I realize I've only been here a short time, but I've been impressed by the intellilgence and knowledge of many of the posters here. And I'm saddened to see them drowned out by the constant echoing of one point. Just because someone feels they're right about how much money the Nuttings are willing to spend, doesn't mean it's necessary or acceptable to mention it in a thread discussing options for Shortstop in 2010. Or whether Andy LaRoche should bat 2nd. Or if Paul Maholm should be allowed to throw over 110 pitches.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:14 pm 

Alexandria Dukes wrote:
IA Pirate wrote:
Alexandria Dukes wrote:

I agree. And to be perfectly honest, one of the reasons I haven't openly questioned or debated any of these posters is the fact there's some truth to what they post. We can not refute the number of consecutive losing seasons. We can not refute the low payroll figure. But there are times, places, threads, etc where I think it's appropriate to discuss such issues. Preferably with respectfull other posters willing to consider alternate opinions and view points. But when the same message is beaten over and over and over and all other perspectives shut down, it greatly diminished the quality of a message board in my opinion. I realize I've only been here a short time, but I've been impressed by the intellilgence and knowledge of many of the posters here. And I'm saddened to see them drowned out by the constant echoing of one point. Just because someone feels they're right about how much money the Nuttings are willing to spend, doesn't mean it's necessary or acceptable to mention it in a thread discussing options for Shortstop in 2010. Or whether Andy LaRoche should bat 2nd. Or if Paul Maholm should be allowed to throw over 110 pitches.

There is some truth to what they say. I don't get on them for that. I don't like how every topic ends up involving the same things with them.