Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: WANTED: REAL OWNER TO RUN PIRATES !!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 11:34 pm
Posts: 42
How old is Nutting ? Is there any chance of him selling the team or dying anytime soon ????


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: REAL OWNER TO RUN PIRATES !!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:46 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
1. Post of the year, hands down.

2. Remember, Bob Nutting does not want somebody else to run the Pirates. He's been stealing money from baseball fans in Pittsburgh for quite awhile now.

3. It's only a matter of time, but we can make that time shorter, if we all band together and get our message out: We're not going to take it anymore.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: REAL OWNER TO RUN PIRATES !!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Rod Serling wrote:
1. Post of the year, hands down.

2. Remember, Bob Nutting does not want somebody else to run the Pirates. He's been stealing money from baseball fans in Pittsburgh for quite awhile now.

3. It's only a matter of time, but we can make that time shorter, if we all band together and get our message out: We're not going to take it anymore.

You have a funny way of showing it. You still watch the games.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: REAL OWNER TO RUN PIRATES !!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Willton wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:
1. Post of the year, hands down.

2. Remember, Bob Nutting does not want somebody else to run the Pirates. He's been stealing money from baseball fans in Pittsburgh for quite awhile now.

3. It's only a matter of time, but we can make that time shorter, if we all band together and get our message out: We're not going to take it anymore.

You have a funny way of showing it. You still watch the games.


Don't even bother with these fools Wilton. It's their same worthless 15 year old childish opinions that they post over and over just to try to get everybody on this board's blood boiling.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: REAL OWNER TO RUN PIRATES !!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
piratefan1970 wrote:
How old is Nutting ? Is there any chance of him selling the team or dying anytime soon ????
Nutting is in his late 40s. If you owned a business that made a yearly profit around 15 millions without having to have a good product, why would you sell? The guy rants about accountability is not held accountable. At least attendance is dead last but enough people still go. You have a choice to go or watch or be indifferent.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: REAL OWNER TO RUN PIRATES !!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:33 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
People still go because the owner built an amusement park to get them to go.

Bob Nutting makes alot of money by losing baseball games.

And it pisses alot of his fans off when we point that out.

All of which brings a wide smile to my face. :D


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: REAL OWNER TO RUN PIRATES !!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:55 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:39 pm
Posts: 54
I've only gone to one game @ PNC.. and that was enough. I wasn't impressed by PNC at all. I will never go back again as long as Nutting is running this operation.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: REAL OWNER TO RUN PIRATES !!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:04 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
Nutting&Russell wrote:
I've only gone to one game @ PNC.. and that was enough. I wasn't impressed by PNC at all. I will never go back again as long as Nutting is running this operation.


Bravo, Brother.

Thank you for voicing your feelings.

You, like the majority of the rest of us, realize the truth.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: REAL OWNER TO RUN PIRATES !!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:26 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
The new owner should have the following charicteristics:

1. A burning desire to win.

2. Pride and Love for the City of Pittsburgh.

3. Willingness to spend money and write checks in order to win.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: REAL OWNER TO RUN PIRATES !!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:52 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
The Pirates need a real owner to run them.

This fact remains.

Oh, and according to Wiki, it's not "1 and a half years ago" that bob nutting took over,
it is "January 12, 2007".

And he has been a mainstay for a lot longer than that.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits