Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CHANGES NEED MADE WITH THE ROSTER !!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:07 pm 

After losing two of three @ home to the Astros, changes in the roster need to happen now !!!!

Post subject: Re: CHANGES NEED MADE WITH THE ROSTER !!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:50 pm 

piratefan1970 wrote:
After losing two of three @ home to the Astros, changes in the OWNER need to happen now !!!!

Fixed.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:51 pm 

piratefan1970 wrote:
After losing two of three @ home to the Astros, changes in the roster need to happen now !!!!

Suggestions, please?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:37 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
piratefan1970 wrote:
After losing two of three @ home to the Astros, changes in the OWNER need to happen now !!!!

Fixed.

Hey, you're the one with the money. Why don't you do it?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:54 pm 

Willton wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:
piratefan1970 wrote:

Fixed.

Aww, somebody had their widdle feewing hurt... :lol: :lol:

Bob Nutting called, Wilton, and the restraining order is still in effect.

You cannot come within 500 feet of your hero, and he still isn't going to return your fan mail. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:56 pm 

Thunder wrote:
piratefan1970 wrote:

Suggestions, please?

Stop going to Bob Nutting's amusement park and watching his lose-by-design joke of a product.

Force him to sell his profit-making hobby, to a responsible, professional, knowledgeable, owner, with integrity.

There are no other options. Period.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:17 pm 
 WWW  Profile

yawn...

Correct me if I'm worng, but since taking over as chief owner, hasn't Bob Nutting done some of the following...
1. Upgraded the Dominican facilities to one of the best in baseball
2. Spend over $6 million on what we all have agreed to be as the best choice for us in the draft last year
3. Signed several players that will be vital parts of "the core" team of the future
4. Upped the scouting budget

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:50 pm 

cappscrew138 wrote:
yawn...

Correct me if I'm worng, but since taking over as chief owner, hasn't Bob Nutting done some of the following...
2. Spend over $6 million on what we all have agreed to be as the best choice for us in the draft last year
3. Signed several players that will be vital parts of "the core" team of the future

And spends the third lowest payroll in MLB.

Fields a 22-28 team.

A team that also lost more than 90 games last year.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:56 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
cappscrew138 wrote:
yawn...

Fields a 22-28 team.

Spending money on the current ball club would be a waste of resources. The only way to fix the current ballclub is to invest in the future, not pour money into free agency. You're not going to fix a 67-win team by merely opening the wallet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:38 am 
 WWW  Profile

Willton wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:
cappscrew138 wrote:
yawn...

Fields a 22-28 team.

Spending money on the current ball club would be a waste of resources. The only way to fix the current ballclub is to invest in the future, not pour money into free agency. You're not going to fix a 67-win team by merely opening the wallet.

But we did so well with Jeremy Burnitz and Joe Randa! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:35 am 

Rod Serling wrote:
Willton wrote:

You cannot come within 500 feet of your hero, and he still isn't going to return your fan mail. :lol:

You keep dodging the question: why don't you become the owner? If you make so much bank, clearly you could help yourself and buy the Pirates off of the Nuttings. So why don't you do it?

Unless of course you were lying about how much money you make, which I'm sure is not out of character for you. Most people don't boast about the amount of money they make, and those that do often do so to make themselves feel important. So the fact that you lied about how much money you make leads me to believe that you have low self-esteem and feel the need to pretend to be something you are not to a bunch of Pirates fans in order to make yourself feel good. After all, why else would someone lie about how much money they make to total strangers?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:13 am 

Rod Serling wrote:
cappscrew138 wrote:
yawn...

Fields a 22-28 team.

Wilton said it for me, but i want to add one thing. We are going to lose 90+ games again this year. You can't change the worst run franchise in sports around with one or two big free agents. It's a waste of time and money. We would lose 90+ with the free agents that everybody wanted us to sign.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 am 

Hey fellas, doesn't Rod begin to sound just like a previuos poster who could coment only only one subject and it was the same subject. He was banned wasn't he? If he is Rod then....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:19 am 

Substitute2 wrote:
Hey fellas, doesn't Rod begin to sound just like a previuos poster who could coment only only one subject and it was the same subject. He was banned wasn't he? If he is Rod then....

My life has gotten much better since I added Rod to my ignore list. I only wish that everyone else would as well so I wouldn't have to see him quoted in replies. Reminds me of that old Monty Python skit where they were having a contest to come up with the best derogatory term for Belgians. One entry: "let's not call them anything, let's just ignore them".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:09 pm 

burghermeister wrote:
Substitute2 wrote:

My life has gotten much better since I added Rod to my ignore list. I only wish that everyone else would as well so I wouldn't have to see him quoted in replies. Reminds me of that old Monty Python skit where they were having a contest to come up with the best derogatory term for Belgians. One entry: "let's not call them anything, let's just ignore them".

I usually don't like putting anyone on ignore, but in this case, since it doesn't sound like anyone can reason with him, I'll be happy to put Rod on ignore, at the very least for the sake of others.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:00 pm 

Willton wrote:
I usually don't like putting anyone on ignore, but in this case, since it doesn't sound like anyone can reason with him, I'll be happy to put Rod on ignore, at the very least for the sake of others.

I had never done it either and am not normally a proponent of such actions. It wasn't so much the content (everyone has a right to their opinions); it was the hijacking of practically every thread that pushed me over the edge. It's made reading this board a much better experience. I highly recommend it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:17 pm 

Willton wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:
Willton wrote:

You keep dodging the question: why don't you become the owner? If you make so much bank, clearly you could help yourself and buy the Pirates off of the Nuttings. So why don't you do it?

Unless of course you were lying about how much money you make, which I'm sure is not out of character for you. Most people don't boast about the amount of money they make, and those that do often do so to make themselves feel important. So the fact that you lied about how much money you make leads me to believe that you have low self-esteem and feel the need to pretend to be something you are not to a bunch of Pirates fans in order to make yourself feel good. After all, why else would someone lie about how much money they make to total strangers?

The fact that you WANT to know about my job, earnings, personality, and psychology, indicates that YOU are a stalker, have no self esteem at all, are threatened, and have serious mental problems.

I have never asked such questions of you.

Get help Wilton, and get it soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:48 pm 

Quote:
The fact that you WANT to know about my job, earnings, personality, and psychology, indicates that YOU are a stalker, have no self esteem at all, are threatened, and have serious mental problems.

If i remember correctly wasn't it you who was bragging about making $5,000 every 5 minutes. You brought your personal life to the board.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:49 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
Quote:

If i remember correctly wasn't it you who was bragging about making $5,000 every 5 minutes. You brought your personal life to the board.

Hes been the one to want to give out his address if anyone wanted to tell him something to his face...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 pm 

No changes necessary. They just came off a road trip playing .500 ball.. which is their goal. So, good for them.

No need to panick, this is a process. Wait until we see their 28 year old Latino rookies come up from their development programs.