Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Game Report, 5/29 (NC-17 Version)
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:40 am 

To sum up this game......

Period.

Sat in section 32. For those who know not where that is, it is on the left field line. And Nyjer Morgan did in fact run straight out to his "brown spot" for EVERY. SINGLE. BATTER. The only thing he varied was his depth, and even then by no more than a step or two. I can count one 2 RBI double he gave up down the line. I also count one play he made in the gap, but from my seat it looked as if Nate could have made the play if he had to. PLEASE MOVE NYJER 10 PACES TOWARDS THE DAMN LINE!

I have never heard of the kid playing 2nd for the Astros. I never expect to hear of him again. And yet I am not surprised one friggin bit by his huge night. If I recall, 2 doubles, a homer, and 4 rbis?

Brian. Fucking. Moeller. Seriously. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?>??!! And you know what will piss me off more than anything? Reading Russell in the paper tomorrow morning with some shit quote about how you have to give him credit, he was "mixing it up" and "hitting his spots" and "had his stuff working" and "kept us off balance. Bullshit. He looked like crap and our offense was even worse. Honestly want to puke. John Russell should be going apeshit Carlos Zambrano in that clubhouse. Batting practice should start at 6am tomorrow. And I also propose renaming the STBHOF the Brian Moeller STBHOF in honor of tonights historic clusterfuck.

The only positive thing I have to say about tonight was the two drunk chicks who snuck down to the row in front of us then turned around and flashed their boyfriends in the section above us. Fantastic racks. Security threw them out. Honestly, if you can't give the fans a decent team to watch, at least let them see some titty. Now there's a promotion guaranteed to sell out.

I hate to say it folks, but I realized tonight that I no longer enjoy the Pittsburgh Pirates. Sure, I have hope for Alvarez and McCutchen and Lincoln and even Andy Laroche and Moss. But I can't stand it any more. I come home angry, pissed off, and what was otherwise a beautiful evening spent with the wife instead leaves me stewing about how shitty this team is. Its not worth it. Catch me Judge Landis, GP, and Buck....I'm falling.

Post subject: Re: Game Report, 5/29 (NC-17 Version)
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:46 am 

I quit watching the game. First time this year. Excellent game report. Agree 100%. Moehler!! Pfffffffffft...............

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:52 am 

And what's up with Nate? He's on a K binge. Swinging at pitches that would make Adam LaRoche blush. Perhaps Nate needs a rest? Would be a good excuse for JR to get Monroe some more ABs.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:50 am 

Argentum wrote:
And what's up with Nate? He's on a K binge. Swinging at pitches that would make Adam LaRoche blush. Perhaps Nate needs a rest? Would be a good excuse for JR to get Monroe some more ABs.

With lefties starting the next 3 games...including Santana on Monday...sure that Nate will get one or two of those games off.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:50 am 

Too many players on this team are content with winning a few, losing more, and cashing a nice check.

The draft analysis over the last decade or so in the Post Gazette a couple weeks ago was very telling. I think it's been proven that
the team can't identify good, young talent. And it doesn't want to pay veterans, so when it gets lucky and somehow lands a bonafide
major leaguer they leave soon after. Until this changes, it's not going to get much better in Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:13 pm 

All I can say is that I paid little attention and turned it off too.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:21 pm 

rwjcgc wrote:
Too many players on this team are content with winning a few, losing more, and cashing a nice check.

The draft analysis over the last decade or so in the Post Gazette a couple weeks ago was very telling. I think it's been proven that
the team can't identify good, young talent. And it doesn't want to pay veterans, so when it gets lucky and somehow lands a bonafide
major leaguer they leave soon after. Until this changes, it's not going to get much better in Pittsburgh.

The current management wasnt to blame for the past decade of drafts, they've only been here for one draft, and for your information the old regime did sign veteran free agents, they just sucked real bad...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:41 pm 

Brian. Fucking. Moeller!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for uttering what I kept muttering to myself as I DVRed through this utter piece of solid human excrement of a baseball game in about fifteen minutes, barely ever hitting play!

Why bother, you get to watch a speeded up silent movie, as Pirate pitichers seemingly through hundreds of pitches, while the little base diamonds in the upper left hand corner of the screen stay yellow and the visitor's run total goes up one, two three at a time...

and then you get to watch the Pirates innnings last about 30 seconds as the out count goes up and occasionally a base diamond goes yellow, but why bother stopping you get to see a speeded up commerical for Geico insurance before you can even blink!

The AStros!!!!! My God I hate having to listen to their sports guys down here.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:20 pm 

The current management wasnt to blame for the past decade of drafts, they've only been here for one draft, and for your information the old regime did sign veteran free agents, they just sucked real bad...[/quote]

I was more referring to their complete unwillingness to pay and hold on to any decent player they happened to stumble upon.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:22 am 

rwjcgc wrote:
The current management wasnt to blame for the past decade of drafts, they've only been here for one draft, and for your information the old regime did sign veteran free agents, they just sucked real bad...

I was more referring to their complete unwillingness to pay and hold on to any decent player they happened to stumble upon.[/quote]
Yes, all those decent players who led the team to 90 plus losses year after year.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:08 am 

BBF....first of all, I REALLY hope you are not serious about the Judge, Buck and GP thing...no matter how much sense it makes. Holy crap, I can't afford to lose any more posters that at least tolerate my humor (for instance, the great idea I got for a bobble-boob night after reading your post). To quote the great Hawkeye Pearce "you have a 1000 good reasons to go and I can't give you any good reasons to stay.....stay anyway".

If this management team doesn't have it figured out and they aren't winning in the next two years, I promise I will go with you. Until then, back off a little....go watch a Little League game or something (some of those Little League moms have nice racks, too!).