Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Matt Weiters
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:05 pm 

Littlefield was stupid, no argument there. No other way to explain the Matt Weiters vs. Matt Morris thing.

I know this question doesn't matter now, but I still wonder, why were his superiors so stupid as to let him make such significant and obvious mistakes?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:14 pm 

Ralphie wrote:
Littlefield was stupid, no argument there. No other way to explain the Matt Weiters vs. Matt Morris thing.

I know this question doesn't matter now, but I still wonder, why were his superiors so stupid as to let him make such significant and obvious mistakes?

I believe Nutting made all of Littlefields decisions, Littlefield was just the scapegoat for Nuttings money saving antics. But, again.. thats just my thoery. I have no proof because everything is behind closed doors in a tight knit baseball community that fans never hear about.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:19 pm 

Nutting&Russell wrote:
Ralphie wrote:

I believe Nutting made all of Littlefields decisions, Littlefield was just the scapegoat for Nuttings money saving antics. But, again.. thats just my thoery. I have no proof because everything is behind closed doors in a tight knit baseball community that fans never hear about.

Well then perhaps you could offer a credible reason why your theory makes any sense, because on its face it looks absolutely absurd, especially since Nutting had no active role with the team until 2007.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:20 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

You are right.

There is no proof. Because Nutting has hid it behind a complete change in operational procedure.

Nutting figured you, and your ilk out, and in a bold move made to maintain his secret position of influence, went all Edgar Allen Poe on us, and hid in the open from you by revamping the front office, spending millions over average on Latin America and his draft choices, upgrading the playing surface at PNC Park, and becoming a visible presence to the media and fans.

Like Bugs once said... :yeah, time to get outta here, they're too smart for us!"

ZM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:21 pm 

Willton wrote:
Nutting&Russell wrote:
Ralphie wrote:

Well then perhaps you could offer a credible reason why your theory makes any sense, because on its face it looks absolutely absurd, especially since Nutting had no active role with the team until 2007.

Lol.. but wasn't it Nuttings Father who ran the show before that? And, I'm sure his son was sitting along side him during that process as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:22 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Nutting&Russell wrote:

Lol.. but wasn't it Nuttings Father who ran the show before that? And, I'm sure his son was sitting along side him during that process as well.

No.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:23 pm 

Nutting&Russell wrote:

Nope, McClatchy was incharge...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:28 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
Nutting&Russell wrote:

Nope, McClatchy was incharge...

McClatchy was a member of Major League Baseball's executive council and the labor and international committees. At some point, which is not entirely known because the Pirates are a private corporation, G. Ogden Nutting and his family became the plurality and then majority owners in the franchise.

Hmm.. not entirely known, private corporation.. wonder why..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:33 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

G Ogden and Robert did not become majority partners until about 1 1/2 years ago.

You should get your facts straight. Until Nutting became CEO and operating officer, McClatchey was the principal owner, with two votes for everyone elses one. With his coalition, he controlled the operation until stepping down after Nutting acquired additional minority ownership 1 1/2 years ago.

This is easily found by simply going to the PPG link and searching the history of DK's articles.

It is all explained there, but I'm sure that is not what you are all about.

ZM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:40 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
G Ogden and Robert did not become majority partners until about 1 1/2 years ago.

You should get your facts straight. Until Nutting became CEO and operating officer, McClatchey was the principal owner, with two votes for everyone elses one. With his coalition, he controlled the operation until stepping down after Nutting acquired additional minority ownership 1 1/2 years ago.

This is easily found by simply going to the PPG link and searching the history of DK's articles.

ZM

So, everyone should believe DK's articles?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:48 pm 

Nutting&Russell wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:

ZM

Why wouldn't you? Why assume that DK is lying?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:52 pm 

Willton wrote:
Nutting&Russell wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:

ZM

Maybe Nuttings are paying him to write this stuff/keep quiet? Who knows.. But, I don't believe much of anything that comes out of people close to the Pirates organization, or the Nutting show. But, again, just a theory of mine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:58 pm 

Nutting&Russell wrote:
Willton wrote:

Maybe Nuttings are paying him to write this stuff/keep quiet? Who knows.. But, I don't believe much of anything that comes out of people close to the Pirates organization, or the Nutting show. But, again, just a theory of mine.

Also known as a "conspiracy theory." Perhaps you need another roll of aluminum foil so that you may reinforce your helmet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:59 pm 

Willton wrote:
Nutting&Russell wrote:
Willton wrote:

Also known as a "conspiracy theory." Perhaps you need another roll of aluminum foil so that you may reinforce your helmet.

Maybe.. but that is why I like to also call it an opinion. And, so far I've been correct about the Pirates organization.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:01 pm 

Nutting&Russell wrote:
Maybe.. but that is why I like to also call it an opinion. And, so far I've been correct about the Pirates organization.

Of course you have. You keep telling yourself that. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:06 pm 

Nutting&Russell wrote:
I don't believe much of anything that comes out of people

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:11 pm 

Willton wrote:

Attachment:
TinFoilHatArea.jpg
TinFoilHatArea.jpg [ 78.06 KiB | Viewed 156 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:27 pm 

Hahaha.. you guy's keep making fun, and cutting my quotes short.. Go ahead.. you are still wrong by thinking the Pirates are heading in the right direction, and doing the right things.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:27 pm 

Willton wrote:

Why assume that Stan Savaran is lying?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:30 pm 

omgardd wrote:
Willton wrote:

Why assume that Stan Savaran is lying?

Still waiting for evidence that Stan Savaran actually said it...