Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trade Deadline - Strategy?
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:32 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

What's with all the jabbery jab.

I told yunz... its double secret probation.

ZM

Post subject: Re: Trade Deadline - Strategy?
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:41 pm 

Need a couple of more teams to have 1 or more of their starting outfielder to go down for a while, or just stop producing.
This way, the market will go way up for Morgan, as long as he can keep persuading teams he is a major league baseball player.

He plays good defense, and can cause havoc when he gets on. If he can remain in the 280 ba, he will get quite a few looks.

I would only trade him if a pitcher , a STARTING pitcher, comes the team's way in return.
I would say expand the offer a little, and throw Snell in. He is just not going to be a winner with this organization, let someone else deal with his antics.
He doesn't have the greatest value, but he is healthy, and shows signs of accountablilty(that is on an inning by inning basis, unfortunately). Let's just cut the cord with this guy, and move on.
I hear the white sox minor league talent levelis the best in the 25 year's Ken Harrelson has been stealing checks from them, (he said it, i didn't).

I think they would be an excellent team to trade with.
Anybody have an idea what kind of starters the white sox(or cubs even) have in AAA , that they would be willing to move?.

Pirates have traded with the cub's before, as even casual fan knows how that has worked out.

Well maybe, NH can try to save face and pull one off against them, not his fault Ramirez is there.
I just hope they keep Freddie, for what he is paid, he is not over paid, but his age seems to be a big factor, i really don't know why. He seems healthy, and i think he is a 300 hitter for the next 3 or 4 years, no matter where he plays, as long as his health is good.