Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: why aren't some announcers labled Homers, instead of color?
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:10 am 

I'm sorry but i like Greg Brown. He's a really nice guy and he has a great voice. He does have some dumb calls, but still him and Bob Walk are my favorites. The new guy is growing on me somewhat though.

Post subject: Re: why aren't some announcers labled Homers, instead of color?
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:17 am 

Interesting that you guys brought up Steve Stone as a comparison to Walk because that was who I thought of right away when predicting pitches was mentioned. I think Walk gets it right more than Stone. Stone will say a low and away slider should be rolled over for a 6-4-3 DP here. Then the 1 out of 10 times it happens, he and Hawk act like he's a God. Stone used to have a segment on Chicago sports radio during his haitus from announcing and I found his knowledge of the game to be awesome and it was really a great segment. I could just do without him as a color guy.

I like all of the Buc announcers topped by Blass and Walk. I especially like the way they change from radio to TV and interchange play-by-play/color combos which I think is pretty unique. Maybe that's why I find Brown and Neverett tolerable because they're not doing TV every stinking game.

On a side note: I really don't like the Reds guy Jeff (I think) Brantley the former closer. And Al Hrabosky of the Cardinals always acts like the Cardinals are the greatest thing ever and they should never, ever have the audacity to lose a game to our beloved Bucs.