Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: May 27, 2009 Pirates (21-25) at Cubs (22-22)
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:35 pm 

burghermeister wrote:
No. 9 wrote:
I was being sarcastic.

I know.
Quote:
It was really bad baserunning on his part. On the radio, they said that Freddy was past 3rd base. Was Beasley trying to get Freddy's attention.

Ah! So it was Beasley's fault, which ultimately goes back to JR for hiring him and Nutting for not giving JR enough of a budget to hire a big-market coach. All roads lead to Nutting.

Damn Right.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:56 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
Ah! So it was Beasley's fault, which ultimately goes back to JR for hiring him and Nutting for not giving JR enough of a budget to hire a big-market coach. All roads lead to Nutting.

Damn Right.

A photo of Rod Serling and his cat:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:33 pm 

And his dog:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:35 pm 

And his inspirational poster:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:43 pm 

BUCFAN: You must really be offended that your hero Bob Nutting is being called out for the fraud he really is, don't you?

It's the truth, and if you can't take it, tough nookies, cupcake.

He's making money.

Your team is losing.

And you support him.

Tell me, who's the fool here? Your being played for a chump.

Wake up, get Bob Nutting out of here, and get a winner.

What part of seventeen years of losing are you supporting here?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:45 pm 

I don't need insults.

I don't need ad hominem attacks.

I don't need but buddies piling on to support me.

I have the truth on my side.

Bob Nutting. Third Lowest payroll. Huge Profits. Record setting joke of a franchise.

Bottom Line.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:21 pm 

Rod Serling you are wrong Bob Nutting has provided us with quality bobbleheads and pierogi dolls for years.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:38 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Rod Serling you are wrong Bob Nutting has provided us with quality bobbleheads and pierogi dolls for years.

That's what it's all about isn't it Ryann?

Bobbleheads and Pierogies! Buy Bucs!

And Mr. Nutting raking in the dough!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:51 am 

Rod Serling wrote:
BUCFAN: You must really be offended that your hero Bob Nutting is being called out for the fraud he really is, don't you?

Lighten up, Francis. You are free to poke fun at me ... many have and I do not take offense. Seriously, I have not engaged in name calling, etc. with you, nor did I do so with your predecessor of the same mindset.

Go read anything I have written to you or about you. If you have legitimate grounds for taking offense, let me know why. If you were just suffering a bit of "thin-skin-itis" based upon the comments from others, then admit so.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:02 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:

Lighten up, Francis. You are free to poke fun at me ... many have and I do not take offense. Seriously, I have not engaged in name calling, etc. with you, nor did I do so with your predecessor of the same mindset.

Go read anything I have written to you or about you. If you have legitimate grounds for taking offense, let me know why. If you were just suffering a bit of "thin-skin-itis" based upon the comments from others, then admit so.

You are posting pictures as insults.

That's name calling, and thats attacking.

And I don't give a shit, because the numbers prove me right, and the apologists wrong,.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:38 am 

Rod Serling wrote:
You are posting pictures as insults. That's name calling, and thats attacking.

Okay, now it's on.

Rod offers his reasoned assessment of the Pirates

Rod offers his most diplomatic comments to other Pirate fans

Finally, the real Rod Serling speaks up:

Rod, please stop using my name.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:44 am 

Wins and losses, not name calling, wins and losses.

Bob Nutting loses baseball games, and makes money doing it.

You can post one hundred pictures, with one hundred insults
and attacks, but you cannot change that.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:46 am 

After watching this game tonight i feel like Zambrano after he got ejected.

Also when you search Carlos in on google the first two things that come up are Carlos Zambrano ejected, and Carlos Zambrano ejected video.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:48 am 

Rod Serling wrote:

Bob Nutting loses baseball games, and makes money doing it.

You can post one hundred pictures, with one hundred insults
and attacks, but you cannot change that.

Dude, you hijack every single thread and post the same thing over and over again. What do you expect, loving embraces? There are plenty of other people on this board who are critical of Pirates management past and present but they don't feel the need to take over every single conversation with the same simplistic message.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:54 am 

Rod Serling wrote:

You are not doing a good job of presenting your point of view. You are simplistic, talk down to Pirates fans, evidence no sense of humor, do not "converse" with the people to whom you are presenting your message, and generally fail to advance your arguments.

Moreover, others have pointed out that the Pirates record, after trading veterans like Nady and Bay, is the same this year as it was last with those players. Meanwhile, the Pirates have added a ton of starting pitching in the deals, and high-end prospects (Tabata, Morris, Laroche), who will be here for many years.

In other words, you are losing the debate. In this instance, wins and losses, Rod, wins and losses.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:09 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:

You are not doing a good job of presenting your point of view. You are simplistic, talk down to Pirates fans, evidence no sense of humor, do not "converse" with the people to whom you are presenting your message, and generally fail to advance your arguments.

Moreover, others have pointed out that the Pirates record, after trading veterans like Nady and Bay, is the same this year as it was last with those players. Meanwhile, the Pirates have added a ton of starting pitching in the deals, and high-end prospects (Tabata, Morris, Laroche), who will be here for many years.

In other words, you are losing the debate. In this instance, wins and losses, Rod, wins and losses.

NO, there is no debate.

The Pirates are posting the same LOSING record. That's LOSING record, got it?

The point is that the management is about making money, and not winning baseball games. The ownership pays the smallest of payroll, which goes out to substandard players for the most part, with a very few exceptions. This results in losing.

There is no debate. The Pirates lose, Bob Nutting makes huge profit, and the numbers prove me right,

thats the LOSING numbers.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:25 am 

Rod Serling wrote:
The Pirates are posting the same LOSING record. That's LOSING record, got it?

Do you need me to point out why that is not to be viewed as a negative with respect to the personnel decisions of the current front office?*

*In case you need the help ... the Pirates have added four starting pitchers (Ohlendorf, Karstens, Morris and McCutchen), a reliever (Hansen), two outfielders (Tabata, Moss) and a starting third baseman (Laroche), all of whom are 27 or younger, and five of whom (Ohlendorf, Karstens, Laroche, Moss and Hansen) are contributing or have contributed to the major league team.

They received those players for a guy who sucks as a reliever (Marte), a guy who unfortunately is hurt and whose career may be over (Nady), and a guy who is a very good player and a middle of the order hitter but who is a free agent at the end of this season and would not sign with the Buccos for less than well over market salary (Bay).

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:55 am 

Today is mi birthday (28) and I've hoped for a winning gift from the buccos... :cry:

A question: is still necessary to have McLouth on deck? I think he is in the middle of a slump. Sometimes I think (but I know that is not true) that he is unhappy to be a gold glover/all stars in one of the worst team of the league. Maybe he want "to change air" as Bay did.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:02 am 

The Italian bucco wrote:
Today is mi birthday (28) and I've hoped for a winning gift from the buccos... :cry:

A question: is still necessary to have McLouth on deck? I think he is in the middle of a slump. Sometimes I think (but I know that is not true) that he is unhappy to be a gold glover/all stars in one of the worst team of the league. Maybe he want "to change air" as Bay did.

When the time is just right, perhaps even at the all star break of next year, McLouth will be given away to the Red Sox or Yankees in return for Minor league talent.

This is the Bob Nutting way.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:14 am 

I'm sorry but a can't find a better way to grow up...we need fresh talents to develop a long term strategy after years of nothing (and say thanks to your "american way to develop sport" 'cause in Europe in every sport the team that arrives last is ejected by the league and goes to the league "under". So now Pirates (if they were in Europe) should play for the Rookie League :lol: .

So we have nothing to do but to wait.

We don't need big stars, we need young and "ready to improve" players to build up our future.

Take this as an example: who cares now about the gold glove of Nate? What is the gain about it? Did you see a gold glove since the begin of the season? We need his work as a slugger not a title on the wall or a spot in the annual All Stars Game!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next