Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Who should be the Pirates closer while Capps is out?
John Grabow 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Sean Burnett 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jesse Chavez 69%  69%  [ 9 ]
Evan Meek 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tom Gorzelanny 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Donnie Veal 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
A minor league call up 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Who should be the Pirates closer while Capps is out?
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:01 am 

I thought this would make a good poll.

Post subject: Re: Who should be the Pirates closer while Capps is out?
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:03 am 

There are alot of left handed options so I think Grabow or Burnett, but when it comes to righties i think Chavez would be the pick. We are very weak on right handed arms right now, and might want to put a lefty as a closer.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:18 pm 

They should have a new promotion where the winning seat number gets to close if they dont want to the rights of closing go to cheese chester.

None of the options in this poll would be liable closers in any way. MAYBE somebody floating in the minors.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:41 am 

I think Wilton and his two little pilin on buddies should take turns as the closer.
That way, when they get shelled, they can blame it on Dave Littlefield, Cam Bonifay,
Global Warming, The Dominican, Bad drafting luck, Jim Tracy, and everybody else under the sun other than the team owner.

Because every sane person knows that the product that is put out by a company has absolutely nothing to do with the company's ownership.

It's simply not their fault. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:52 am 

Rod Serling wrote:
I think Wilton and his two little pilin on buddies should take turns as the closer.
That way, when they get shelled, they can blame it on Dave Littlefield, Cam Bonifay,
Global Warming, The Dominican, Bad drafting luck, Jim Tracy, and everybody else under the sun other than the team owner.

Because every sane person knows that the product that is put out by a company has absolutely nothing to do with the company's ownership.

Sane people don't go on message boards and repeat a mantra an nauseum. Your behavior demonstrates that you cannot count yourself as a sane person.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:39 am 

Well Chavez was winning 7 to 3 over Grabow coming into tonights game. I wonder if that changed. Also i hope the vote for Donnie Veal was a joke.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:03 am 

Rod Serling wrote:

Sigh. Are you planning to hijack every thread?

Last edited by burghermeister on Thu May 28, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:37 am 

burghermeister wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:

Sigh. Are planning to hijack every thread?

For some reason, this post really put me over the edge. Rod took a post that asked a simple question that had nothing to do with ownership and turned it into an ad hominem attack on ownership and other board members. Now, I'm not one to say that you can't take threads off topic; I dare say I've done so myself once or twice. But, if you look at the threads over the last couple of days, Rod has been steering almost all of them to this one issue. We can no longer discuss game strategy, individual player performances, minor league development or potential trade scenarios without Rod busting in and turning into a referendum on ownership. And doing so with the same simple-minded arguments over and over again.

The rest of you can do what you want but I will no longer feed the beast. I have added him to my foes list and I encourage all of you to do likewise. If we all ignore him, he will go away.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:55 am 

burghermeister wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:

Sigh. Are you planning to hijack every thread?

Rod is the board Taliban :lol: