Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: All hail Animal!
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:27 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
I was at a gig in Waynesburg last summer and had to stop to get gas for the trip home.
It was going for 11 pm on a Saturday and asked the clerk if I could still get a Power Ball ticket for tonight's drawing, he looked at the machine and said yes. So I get 2 tickets and drive home...
I get up Sunday Morning and look up the numbers...
I had all of them on one ticket and 2 on the other...I'm getting ready to make a list of all the people I'm ready to tell kiss it, then double checked everything on the ticket, when he printed the tickets it switched for the next drawing day...
I had all the numbers for Saturday's drawing but the ticket was for Wednesday...

Dan -
Two questions. (1) Do you still have the tickets? (2) Did you buy the tickets in reliance upon the statement that the ticket would be for the Saturday evening drawing or, in other words, would you have elected NOT to purchase the ticket if the "window" for buying tickets to Saturday's drawing had closed? Before you dismiss the questions, I assure you that I am asking them in all sincerety.

If the answers to the above questions are both "yes," I'd be happy to share my other thoughts with you. While it may sound a bit crazy, if you still have this ticket, I'd advise you not to put anything more in writing pertaining to the situation.

If you send me a PM, I'm happy to provide some contact information and I can share my thoughts with you in a different forum.