Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So Who's The Ace Now??
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:21 pm 

Duke has really been the best starter so far.

Post subject: Re: So Who's The Ace Now??
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:35 pm 

I think everyone can guess which NL lefty is leading the league in WHIP, Johan Santana. Well, guess who is second?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:50 pm 

Doesn't matter, that word is meaningless.

I have been very impressed with Maholm (yes, I'm not throwing him under the bus just due to last night), Duke and Ohlendorf this year.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:51 pm 

Alexandria Dukes wrote:
I think everyone can guess which NL lefty is leading the league in WHIP, Johan Santana. Well, guess who is second?

Is it Duke?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:53 pm 

TheShark wrote:
Doesn't matter, that word is meaningless.

I have been very impressed with Maholm (yes, I'm not throwing him under the bus just due to last night), Duke and Ohlendorf this year.

I'm not throwing Maholm under the bus either. Days like yesterday happen. I dont think he has been as good as Duke though, and I am sure he can do better. Hopefully Snell can improve too. I hope. With Ohlendorf and Karstens, we have been pretty dang good top to bottom. Geez, if Gorzzy and/or Snell could return to his prior form, we would have an unbelievable rotation.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:57 pm 

Animal wrote:
I dont think he has been as good as Duke though, and I am sure he can do better.

Whether Duke or Maholm is better is an interesting argument. However, the second half of your statement is what stands out. Relative to expectations entering the season, Duke has impressed much more.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:59 pm 

Animal wrote:
Alexandria Dukes wrote:

Is it Duke?

NL Left handed leaders in WHIP:

1. Santana 1.05
2. Duke 1.08
3. Lilly 1.10

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:28 am 

I think i can say 1 thing for sure that i wont go back on. Snell is our 4th best starter, only infront of Karstens.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:44 am 

Colin21 wrote:
I think i can say 1 thing for sure that i wont go back on. Snell is our 4th best starter, only infront of Karstens.

I'm not sure I put him in front of Karstens right now. In front of a firing squad maybe...but that would be about it. Put Snell in the pen and let Gorzo get a start or two. What can it hurt??

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:51 am 

Thunder wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

I'm not sure I put him in front of Karstens right now. In front of a firing squad maybe...but that would be about it. Put Snell in the pen and let Gorzo get a start or two. What can it hurt??

I think Snell could use some time in the pen, but it all depends on how much time Capps misses.
Everytime i see Snell get beat around i think of when he said he was one of the ten best pitchers in the National League.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:44 pm 

I believe there are about five or six posters on here who are wishing hope against hope that Tom Gorzelanny's career comes to an end, simply so they can say I was "wrong" about the F.O. sending him up this year.

And that, brings a big wide smile to Rod's face, simply knowing that the truth is being told, and the apologists cannot take it. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:51 pm 

Always liked Gorzo and hope he can return to form.

Snell seems to get worse by the start. He is off to another lousy year. I agree that he is at beast a no.4 in this rotation. He's just going down hill.

Lincoln's stock is quickly rising, and Gorzo can surely do as well as Snell. Try one or both a time or two.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:08 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
I believe there are about five or six posters on here who are wishing hope against hope that Tom Gorzelanny's career comes to an end, simply so they can say I was "wrong" about the F.O. sending him up this year.

And that, brings a big wide smile to Rod's face, simply knowing that the truth is being told, and the apologists cannot take it. :lol:

The arrogance never ceases to amaze. What an inflated view you have of yourself. Do us all a favor and share more of your expertise . . . how about going back to the issue of how you cannot possibly be the only enlightened person who sees that Zach Duke has no business playing Major League Baseball.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:15 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:

The arrogance never ceases to amaze. What an inflated view you have of yourself. Do us all a favor and share more of your expertise . . . how about going back to the issue of how you cannot possibly be the only enlightened person who sees that Zach Duke has no business playing Major League Baseball.

Dramatic use of the third person is always a nice touch. Argentum approves.

Stay thirsty my friends!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:22 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:

After Rod's post...the title of this thread should be: So Who's The Ass Now??

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:16 pm 

So should we start a pool for how long Serling will be staying around before he pulls a BH and, ahem, "leaves"?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:19 pm 

I bet $50!!! (nad...that's your cue)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:23 pm 

BBF wrote:
So should we start a pool for how long Serling will be staying around before he pulls a BH and, ahem, "leaves"?

I aint goin anywhere.

Until Nutting sells his franchise to a responsible businessman who takes pride in his business.

Eat that.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:27 pm 

How's that Twilight Zone thing workin' for you? Do you get back there much? Ever wonder if you could get stuck there and not be able to find your way back? Does the Twilight Zone have a moderator?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:33 pm 

bradf wrote:
How's that Twilight Zone thing workin' for you? Do you get back there much? Ever wonder if you could get stuck there and not be able to find your way back? Does the Twilight Zone have a moderator?

I will be more than happy to provide you with my full name and address if you would like.

Other than that, shut your mouth.