Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Masn Announcers are a Joke
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:14 am 

I live in an area where I get both Masn and FSN, but I decided to watch it on Masn last night the nationals home network, and let me tell you they are a joke. Bob Carpenter and Rob Dibble just make excuse after excuse for their team. Zimmerman made that error and Carpenter thinks the ground crew watered the dirt way to much, also they said the Nationals are a better team than the Pirates, if you just take away the 7th-9th innings. I am just stunned at Dibble and Carpenter, because I watch other Nationals games and they just continue to make excuses for their bad bad bad team, I guess it's in their contract to be positive, but this is sickening.

Post subject: Re: Masn Announcers are a Joke
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:39 am 

Washington is better than the Pirates except from the 7th to the 9th? Isn't that like saying a Yugo is better than an Omni except for the motor? My softball league plays 6 inning games....I bet they would tear it up!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:40 am 

These games feel like a mismatch, and rarely do we Pirate fans get to be on the winning side of that equation. This is a very bad team. They just don't have any pitching, and their position players aren't all that good either. They have some hitting, but bad pitching, bad defense, and good hitting will give you tons of losses every time.

Imagine what it must be like when the Nats go up against the truly good teams in the league. They are going to lose 100.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:31 pm 

I am sure Dibble has a clause in his contract, that A, he has to be a bitch for the nationals, and B if he talks of them like the 1927 Yankees, he will be provided free booze and Coke, during the length(and in washington, young boys) of his contract with them. Never liked him as a player, and he is certainly a below average color man. Wondering if he was hired by Bowden, as a favor, before he was shown the door.

I thought him talking about the andy Laroche error, was quite funny. Like, too bad kid, went right past you, when Zimmerman's e was because of the inconsistent dirt around the infield.
So far good thing the Nationals have lost all 3 or he would be really singing their praises going into tonight's game(SWEEP).
So let's see this season, best opponent announcers i have heard have to be (not in exact order),
Mets , Braves, Astros, Padres and Marlins(though Tommy hutton made it sound like their was no way the mighty marlins could be swept by this team.
Worst
Brewers guys are right behind washington's
St louis, at least they paint a picture of the Pirates as turning the ship around , after so many previous front office inadequacies.
The Red's? not as annoying this time(as much as i heard them) Cowboy is still a packer, but they are somewhat entertaining, and gave the Pirates some credit, when they deserved it.
Nationals are the worst, Rob Dibble is an ASS, and they are by far, the worst team in Major League Baseball.
I am sure him and Carpenter will stay away from bringing that up though.
Let's get the sweep, and head to the windy City.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:28 pm 

An Omni? You're dating yourself there Brad. Plus, Omni's were pretty bad....and ugly too.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:02 pm 

palushock wrote:
I am sure Dibble has a clause in his contract, that A, he has to be a bitch for the nationals, and B if he talks of them like the 1927 Yankees, he will be provided free booze and Coke, during the length(and in washington, young boys) of his contract with them. Never liked him as a player, and he is certainly a below average color man. Wondering if he was hired by Bowden, as a favor, before he was shown the door.

I thought him talking about the andy Laroche error, was quite funny. Like, too bad kid, went right past you, when Zimmerman's e was because of the inconsistent dirt around the infield.
So far good thing the Nationals have lost all 3 or he would be really singing their praises going into tonight's game(SWEEP).
So let's see this season, best opponent announcers i have heard have to be (not in exact order),
Mets , Braves, Astros, Padres and Marlins(though Tommy hutton made it sound like their was no way the mighty marlins could be swept by this team.
Worst
Brewers guys are right behind washington's
St louis, at least they paint a picture of the Pirates as turning the ship around , after so many previous front office inadequacies.
The Red's? not as annoying this time(as much as i heard them) Cowboy is still a packer, but they are somewhat entertaining, and gave the Pirates some credit, when they deserved it.
Nationals are the worst, Rob Dibble is an ASS, and they are by far, the worst team in Major League Baseball.
I am sure him and Carpenter will stay away from bringing that up though.
Let's get the sweep, and head to the windy City.

Is Milo Hamilton still with the Astro's? I couldnt stand him...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:06 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
An Omni? You're dating yourself there Brad. Plus, Omni's were pretty bad....and ugly too.

I had a two tone brown Plymouth Horizon, the Dodge Omni's identical twin in everything but name. Beat the crap out that thing and broke 100k miles with minor servicing. Not bad for an early 80's American compact.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:17 pm 

Year, I had a Plymouth Horizon and got to 110,000 miles, sold it to my daughter, who put another 20,000 on it and she sold it for more than she paid me for it. Never had a major problem with it.

Anyhow, I have XM and they always have the home announcers on. Personally I think the Brewers announcers are the worst. They don't really know the game and are "homers". Pirates announcers seem reasonably fair. St. Louis is also very fair. They acknowledge good plays by the Pirates and seem to have a good idea of what our new management is trying to do. They will criticize bad plays by their team. One of the few sets of announcers that I really don't mind listening to and they seem to know the game.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:20 pm 

I agree Stan, St. Louis has a nice crew...Cincinnatti is another one I dont like...

I know as much as Greg Brown can get on the nerves of people, I feel pretty good about our crew of guys...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:03 pm 

DoeyDoumit wrote:
also they said the Nationals are a better team than the Pirates, if you just take away the 7th-9th innings.

They may have a point. If you take away innings 7-9, you have a Little League game. The Generals are pretty much a Little League team.