Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: May 17, 2009 Rockies (14-21) at Pirates (15-21)
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:28 pm 

I hope theres a lot of posters at the game today...a game like today and little posting...damn sabbath day...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:22 pm 

Anyone else surprised that Big Bro Laroche's deep fly ball to the notch was ruled an error? Sure, he should have caught the ball but it would have been a fine play had he done so. I would expect a hometown scorer to rule that a hit.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:11 pm 

Great game. A shame that the only bat not to get a hit was Adam LaRoche. That could put him into another slump. Jimenez and Duke was exactly what i thought it would be. They match up great.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:02 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I was at today's game, sitting in my left field bleachers. I had a clear view of the LaRoche hit for an error. It was clearly a catchable ball, and from what I've heard about the Jack Wilson shot that was picked off by this guy Friday night, he should have easily caught the LaRoche ball. It simply went off the tip of his glove. Tons of heckling from the bleachers after that play.

I can only imagine what those of you who were watching on TV were experiencing with the announcers calling that inning. To actually be at the game was simply amazing. There was a guy behind me who several times was saying, "Imagine this place with a winning team". The bottom of the 7th inning will be the best 37 minutes and 30 seconds I have ever spent at PNC Park.

Just the momentum these Buccos needed for the long road trip. Here's to hoping for a Washington sweep.!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:44 pm 

I watched the game but stopped posting game comments because the Pirates seem to do really badly when I comment during the game.

I turned off the computer in the top of the 6th. Shortly thereafter, the Pirates rally big time. The 7th inning was inches away from being a 1-2-3 inning.

Ball 4 to Hinske was 2" inside. The Young pop fly single was inches away from being caught. The Sanchez double was 3" away from being caught, possibly for a double play.

It was that close. Nice to see the Buccos get some breaks on close plays.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:48 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Since I was at the game, I would point out the big story that was missed so far on this page. I can't believe folks are blinded by a mere 10-run inning. Duke, pshah. He's done it most of this year.

No, the real story for Smizik to research is the absence of Nyger in the lineup for the 3rd time this year! Are we looking at a conspiracy to take AB's away from a guy who is unexpectedly doing well, and could trigger several bonus'? True Pirate fans with truely inquiring minds want to know.

Some one get Bob on the phone NOW!

ZM

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:52 am 

ZelieMike wrote:
Since I was at the game, I would point out the big story that was missed so far on this page. I can't believe folks are blinded by a mere 10-run inning. Duke, pshah. He's done it most of this year.

No, the real story for Smizik to research is the absence of Nyger in the lineup for the 3rd time this year! Are we looking at a conspiracy to take AB's away from a guy who is unexpectedly doing well, and could trigger several bonus'? True Pirate fans with truely inquiring minds want to know.

ZM

I'm sure Rod Serling has him on speed dial...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:59 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:

ZM

I'm sure Rod Serling has him on speed dial...

I am deeply sorry that the Pittsburgh Sports Media, with the exception of an unimportant second tier writer from a tiny Beaver Co. Newspaper, writes the ugly truth about an ownership that you worship.

I hope you can get over it, eventually.

It's been 17 years, at some point you need to stop punishing yourself.