Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:51 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
Surprised no one posted this:

http://www.piratesreport.com/page/blogs.detail/display/102/I-ll-take-a-pass-on-visiting-Tracy.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:20 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6022
Interesting. Doesn't work for anyone but himself does he? That would take the gloves off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:07 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3211
Location: Economy, PA
Yeah that's not the kind of thing you read everyday. Very interesting. Got to side with Perrotto on this one, I've been reading him for a long time and he's a straight up dude. He never could have written that, at least not in that tone, were he still working for the Beaver County Times.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:02 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
The only 'straight up' thing he is, is a straight up Nutting Apologist. period.

He can hang out with Ellis Cannon, and together they can sell some more bobbleheads.



We Will.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:49 am
Posts: 91
Gotta love 'Fats' Perrotto. Great article. Helllllooooo!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 4977
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
Yet . . . . someone who has also been critical of Tracy's performance of the Pirates' former skipper doesn't seem to share the same assessment: http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs ... ecord.aspx

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 3929
Location: Zelienople, PA
Perrotto has had a bug up for Tracy since Tracy arrived. Aside from the idea that the two are diametrically opposed on how to build and manage a team, Perrotto feels that Tracy slighted him somehow during an interview or some such. I say this out of memory from listening to Starkey's morning ESPM show. He used to have Perrotto on as his "sabremetrician", but now uses Keith Law.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Bowie, Md
Rod Serling wrote:
The only 'straight up' thing he is, is a straight up Nutting Apologist. period.

He can hang out with Ellis Cannon, and together they can sell some more bobbleheads.



We Will.


At least Perrotto actually provides evidence to his opinions and bases them on something other that what comes out his a** like... oh like you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:49 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
Piratefan13 wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:
The only 'straight up' thing he is, is a straight up Nutting Apologist. period.

He can hang out with Ellis Cannon, and together they can sell some more bobbleheads.



We Will.


At least Perrotto actually provides evidence to his opinions and bases them on something other that what comes out his a** like... oh like you.



Here is my evidence:

17 Straight Losing Seasons.

with Nutting, Ramirez, Bay, Torres, Nady, all traded for minor league players.

Shove THAT up your a**.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 3929
Location: Zelienople, PA
Rod Serling wrote:

with Nutting, Ramirez, Bay, Torres, Nady, all traded for minor league players.

Shove THAT up your a**.


Well, I didn't realize Nutting traded Nutting.

So, your arguement is down to three players. Torres, who is relegated to teh backwaters after one year outside Pittsburgh. Nady, who is sitting in a recovery room, while his return helps orchestrate wins, and of course, Bay, who we conveniently forget was ACQUIRED by those same Pirates.

That kind of response is not even worth a two-play, much less a four-ply.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7104
Rod Serling wrote:

Here is my evidence:

17 Straight Losing Seasons.

with Nutting, Ramirez, Bay, Torres, Nady, all traded for minor league players.

Shove THAT up your a**.


Actually your facts are wrong...

Ramirez was traded for Bobby Hill and Jose Hernandez...Hernandez was not a minor leaguer...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Rod Serling wrote:
The only 'straight up' thing he is, is a straight up Nutting Apologist. period.

He can hang out with Ellis Cannon, and together they can sell some more bobbleheads.



We Will.

Note to self: anyone who disagrees with Rod Serling is an apologist.

I take it you liked Dick Tracy, Rod?

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:09 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 119
Jim Tracy will always be a huge dope in my mind for three reasons. One, for believing Chris Duffy was a better player than Nate McLouth. Two, for believing Joe Randa was a better option at 3b than Freddy Sanchez. And three, for thinking Ronnie Paulino was a better catcher than Ryan Doumit. It's hard to believe a major league manager missed that badly on three players.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10207
Alexandria Dukes wrote:
Jim Tracy will always be a huge dope in my mind for three reasons. One, for believing Chris Duffy was a better player than Nate McLouth. Two, for believing Joe Randa was a better option at 3b than Freddy Sanchez. And three, for thinking Ronnie Paulino was a better catcher than Ryan Doumit. It's hard to believe a major league manager missed that badly on three players.

Those are three pretty lousy calls ... the Randa decision was a giant "WTF??" that offseason.

Randa actually had value when the Pirates left him exposed mutiple times in the expansion draft, and basically no value when they spent money to convince him to put off retirement for a year.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Bowie, Md
Quote:
Here is my evidence:

17 Straight Losing Seasons.

with Nutting, Ramirez, Bay, Torres, Nady, all traded for minor league players.

Shove THAT up your a**.


You have no freakin clue what you are even talking about do you?

Again I can refute your weak logic and "evidence"

Nutting took over operation in 2007

Ramirez was traded by David Littlefield because DL was a clueless GM (nothing to do with Nutting or current FO)

Bay and Nady were traded away by NH to add emergency depth to a team that was left void of talent on all levels of the organization(by David Littlefield), plus we weren't exactly winning with them anyway.

As far as Torres goes... isn't he farming somewhere in the DR?

Moral of the story: Your "evidence" is weaka** Smiziktology.

And if you ain't down with that... I got two words for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:08 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
Piratefan13 wrote:
Quote:
Here is my evidence:

17 Straight Losing Seasons.

with Nutting, Ramirez, Bay, Torres, Nady, all traded for minor league players.

Shove THAT up your a**.


You have no freakin clue what you are even talking about do you?

Again I can refute your weak logic and "evidence"

Nutting took over operation in 2007

Ramirez was traded by David Littlefield because DL was a clueless GM (nothing to do with Nutting or current FO)

Bay and Nady were traded away by NH to add emergency depth to a team that was left void of talent on all levels of the organization(by David Littlefield), plus we weren't exactly winning with them anyway.

As far as Torres goes... isn't he farming somewhere in the DR?

Moral of the story: Your "evidence" is weaka** Smiziktology.

And if you ain't down with that... I got two words for you...


Bay and Nady were traded to dump salary. The players received in return for them, combined, make considerably less money. Those players are also either performing in the major leagues at a sub standard level, injured, or in the minor leagues.
And we WERE winning more with Bay and Nady. Statistics show that even thought the Franchise wasn't over .500 with Bay and Nady, they played at a much better winning percentage with Bay and Nady, than without them.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Bowie, Md
Forget it... you are just wasting my time. Your right dude, the Pirates are fooling us all, you know I think they might even be aliens... better call the Men in Black.

Your name sure does suit you very well because your stuck in the Twilight Zone for sure.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1314
Rod Serling wrote:
And we WERE winning more with Bay and Nady. Statistics show that even thought the Franchise wasn't over .500 with Bay and Nady, they played at a much better winning percentage with Bay and Nady, than without them.


Touche, Rod! You are absolutely right. They WERE winning more with Bay and Nady. Last year after 38 games, the Pirates were 18-20. This year, they're 17-21. Personally, I would MUCH rather have that one additional win on a team that is going nowhere than the eight prospects that the team received in return for Bay and Nady. Even though one of them would be gone already and the other would have one foot out the door by now, we should have kept them so we could be 18-20. This fight is over. You win. QED.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Rod Serling wrote:
Bay and Nady were traded to dump salary. The players received in return for them, combined, make considerably less money. Those players are also either performing in the major leagues at a sub standard level, injured, or in the minor leagues.

Can you say, "post hoc, ergo propter hoc"?

Rod Serling wrote:
And we WERE winning more with Bay and Nady. Statistics show that even thought the Franchise wasn't over .500 with Bay and Nady, they played at a much better winning percentage with Bay and Nady, than without them.

As noted by burghermeister, the Pirates were a whole 1 win better at this time last year than this year. That, for all intents and purposes, is a distinction without a difference. The Pirates were still losing.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tracy blasted by Perrotto
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:48 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
Willton wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:
Bay and Nady were traded to dump salary. The players received in return for them, combined, make considerably less money. Those players are also either performing in the major leagues at a sub standard level, injured, or in the minor leagues.

Can you say, "post hoc, ergo propter hoc"?

Rod Serling wrote:
And we WERE winning more with Bay and Nady. Statistics show that even thought the Franchise wasn't over .500 with Bay and Nady, they played at a much better winning percentage with Bay and Nady, than without them.

As noted by burghermeister, the Pirates were a whole 1 win better at this time last year than this year. That, for all intents and purposes, is a distinction without a difference. The Pirates were still losing.



Nice Try: The reference is to the record of last years' team WITH Bay and Nady, as opposed to the record of last years' team WITHOUT Bay and Nady.

They had a much better record with them, than without them.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits