Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DHEA
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:50 pm 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

This is a story about DHEA and some other steroids that are in pill form, and you don't shoot them in your behind.
This story is groundbreaking to me because when i played in high school the athletic director had us on a "vitamin plan" which was oral steroids. He didn't buy them or supply them but he gave us website addresses where to get them from. The addresses i was given then no longer exist, but the oral steroids that will not fail a drug test are still a big problem, from high school to the pros. What i was taking at the time i found out was pure horse and goat hormones. I still really don't know how it effected me or the other players. I know we were an early knockout for years in the WPIAL then we win it and became a contender every year since. We were on 2 kinds off pills. 1 of them you put it under your tongue and let it dissolve, and the other you just swallowed. I know i got them from a lab in Japan and it was over the internet. The ones that dissolved under your tongue came in alittle red glass vile and they weren't much bigger than sugar pills. I bring this up because i have wondered for years if there is anybody that knows about this. I am in school for sports medicine and i still can't figure it out. If somebody could give me any idea it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Post subject: Re: DHEA
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:19 pm 

I don't know anything about this issue, Colin, but what you say is pretty troubling. Your high school baseball coaches were telling you to take what were basically steroids. That is just terrible.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:50 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
I don't know anything about this issue, Colin, but what you say is pretty troubling. Your high school baseball coaches were telling you to take what were basically steroids. That is just terrible.

It's a horrible school. I just wonder how many others are like this. We had no idea for along time. The school wins in so many sports and it is the best in Beaver County. They make their money and thats all they care about.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:56 am 

A couple things...

First, DHEA is detectable. All oral steroids are, that I know of.

Second, if you were buying "steroids" from an internet pharmacy in Japan, there is a >90% chance you were getting sugar pills.

Still does not excuse the coach for telling you to do it.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:50 am 

BBF wrote:
A couple things...

First, DHEA is detectable. All oral steroids are, that I know of.

Second, if you were buying "steroids" from an internet pharmacy in Japan, there is a >90% chance you were getting sugar pills.

Still does not excuse the coach for telling you to do it.

I have always hoped it was a scam and i was getting ripped off, but it wasn't the coach it was the athletic director. The coach had no idea of what was going on. He wouldn't have put up with it. He is a legit guy. I just never understood why he would have us take anything if they weren't steroids. I sure hope they weren't, but i had alot of fights with my friends while i was on it. I was angry all the time and i started having panic attacks shortly after i quit taking them, i've been on medicine for that since then. I don't know what effect sugar pills would have on somebody that didn't need them, but i didn't think they would have any. I don't know the difference between MLB's testing policy and the policy they had at my high school but there was alot of stuff people knew you could get away with.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:46 am 

Quote:
... i started having panic attacks shortly after i quit taking them, i've been on medicine for that since then.

I know nothing about steroids but i do have experience of panic attacks, from which I used to suffer until I found a simple remedy that does not require the taking of medication. This remedy has been efficacious with all the other panic-attack sufferers to whom I have passed on the advice over the years.
So I happily pass it on to you. Reduce - or cut out completely - your caffeine intake.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:32 am 

Bertie wrote:
Quote:
... i started having panic attacks shortly after i quit taking them, i've been on medicine for that since then.

I know nothing about steroids but i do have experience of panic attacks, from which I used to suffer until I found a simple remedy that does not require the taking of medication. This remedy has been efficacious with all the other panic-attack sufferers to whom I have passed on the advice over the years.
So I happily pass it on to you. Reduce - or cut out completely - your caffeine intake.

I also have an intestinal disease called colitis. It is close to a disease that NFL QB David Garrard is the spokesmen for and that is crohn's disease. When i disappeared from the board towards the end of last season it was because i was in the hospital for it, that is when i found out i had it. It became so bad and i kept putting it off before my hospital trip that it tore a hole in my intestine wall and colon. Whe i woke up that morning it was a pain i couldn't put aside anymore. I have had to change my diet completely since then. I hadn't had a panic attack and i was taken off my medicine at the end of 2006. The panic attacks returned with the worst one i have ever had in December 2008. Before i started having panic attacks i was one of those people that believed it was fake, and based on attention. I now know that isn't the case. I keep to a pretty bland diet. I only drink water and once and awhile ice tea when i go out to eat somewhere. As for food i eat alot of chicken. I don't eat like i should. I cut alot of vegetables out. Some i cant have like broccoli, corn, and tomatos, but alot i can and just don't. I had that one real bad panic attack in December and one in January, so the doctor put me on Xanax, which it does help but i don't like it because being 21 everybody looks at me like i am on it to get messed up. Since getting colitis i have lost alot of weight and i have wondered if that could have had something to do with my panic attacks returning. In November 2004 i was 290 pounds, when i went into the hospital for colitis i weighted 200. I now weight 135. I wish i could put get one of these 2 things under control because it holds me back from so much.