Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Altoona losing again..
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 am
Posts: 1513
Akron up 4-1. Herrera only lasted two and a third, gave up five runs. Man, the Curve are gonna be twelve games under .500 if they don't pull this out. Flash is 0 for 2 tonight. How much longer will he be down there?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Altoona losing again..
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
Ollie wrote:
Akron up 4-1. Herrera only lasted two and a third, gave up five runs. Man, the Curve are gonna be twelve games under .500 if they don't pull this out. Flash is 0 for 2 tonight. How much longer will he be down there?


He gave up 5 but the umpires felt sorry for him and erased one? Man, I wish we could get some that officiating for the Pirates! :lol:

In all seriousness, well, if Altoona is down 4-1 right now, "like father like son". :roll:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Altoona losing again..
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7311
TheShark wrote:
Ollie wrote:
Akron up 4-1. Herrera only lasted two and a third, gave up five runs. Man, the Curve are gonna be twelve games under .500 if they don't pull this out. Flash is 0 for 2 tonight. How much longer will he be down there?


He gave up 5 but the umpires felt sorry for him and erased one? Man, I wish we could get some that officiating for the Pirates! :lol:

In all seriousness, well, if Altoona is down 4-1 right now, "like father like son". :roll:


Except outside of Meek, everyone in Altoona are career minor leaguers...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Altoona losing again..
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
nad69dan wrote:
Except outside of Meek, everyone in Altoona are career minor leaguers...

That's our farm system. Thanks, Dave! :roll:

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Altoona losing again..
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 am
Posts: 1513
Fourth game of the series started at 10:35 this morning. Jack Wilson singled in his first at bat.. no score in the 3rd..


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits